January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    Great run @shanaber . Love it when there is a reason to just keep going. Beautiful pictures also. That trash heap though. SMH.

@tarun_yadavA Great HM, especially if you still aren't feeling well. I hope you start to feeling better soon!

Congratulations on your HM time @martaindale ! You did great!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo! I had to keep reminding myself to slow down and save something for tomorrow. When it's cold I find it harder to take it easy.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    Another fantastic race @martaindale ! I wouldn't want to go to the parks either unless I was just running the 5K or 10K. Then maybe, but I would definitely have to save my energy for the races. I bet the park is exhausting on its own.

@shanaber I also thought that @7lenny7 might know about the mushroom.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    Wow @martaindale ! You really were speedy with that time and stopping twice to pee! Know that I woke up at 5:30 and at 7 this morning and were cheering you on. Love the pictures and that you get to run through the castle. I hope it's not quite as cold for you in the morning.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Well done Sarah @martaindale ! Amazing!!! 🙌

And love how all the medals are old school Disney... And not Frozen or Marvel comic book
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,829 Member
    Options
    @martaindale - CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🎉💖👏👏👏🎉 I love the photos and that you ran a half marathon SAVING some stuff for tomorrow. I bet there are not a lot of folks doing all of them? Or maybe there are but it's an amazing accomplishment.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys! I'm really enjoying the experience. I appreciate you waking up early to track me @quilteryoyo. I know you're not a morning person!
  • ptabibian
    ptabibian Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @quilteryoyo
    Welcome @ptabibian ! Is that 500 miles on your ticker your goal for the year? You may already know this, since I don't know how much you are currently running, but don't increase your mileage too fast or you'll risk injury. Are you using a training plan to get ready for your half? Will this be your first? @Alphahowls gets up at 4 am, I think. Me? Nope. I am not a morning person.

Thank you for the comment and yes the mileage was too much! I changed it to 250miles for the year , I’m giving myself permission to slow down and build the habit. I was planning on running a 1/2 marathon (a second run but first was 10 yrs ago) in April but not sure if I’m going to be ready…Thanks for the community here.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @martaindale your pics look really cool, and you're doing great!