January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier - still not 100%. Took today off. Will try and head out tomorrow!

@martaindale - Well done 😊
    Look forward to seeing the Medals pics 😊
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,724 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @martaindale! That’s a big accomplishment! I hope you are able to rest and relax and have some fun!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @martaindale ! What an amazing accomplishment!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment @martaindale on completing that tough Dopey Challenge! You are amazing!

I got in a pretty nice 8 miles this afternoon.

exercise.png
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 2 year anniversary @quilteryoyo and making yourself into an athlete that won't let anything stop her!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Laurz9191 ! 😊
    Taken today off from running too. Just feel horrid.
    Well done on the rowing and weights sesh!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post on the weekend, but Saturday I finished week three of the 5k running program. We've been very lucky here in Alberta with a mild start to January and it was only about -7 C when I went out.

Runs are starting to get longer now and my pace is improving slightly, we'll see how it is on some of these longer runs this week.

exercise.png

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @shanaber About your e-scooter, etc. rant. I also have to agree. Here in Germany it is more of a problem with people leaving/dragging the e-scooters that you rent and leaving them on the middle of the biking, jogging path. As a jogger, this is not so much of an issue, but it is very annoying when I am biking with the kids with the trailer and have to stop, get off the bike and move the scooter to the side, so that I can continue on my way. Also, my friend's 3 year old daughter lost the top half of 2 fingers! due to a faulty design on one of the rentable e-scooters here- so they will always be my enemy.
    Ugggh, we have the same problem. If you try to move them out of the middle of the bike path, sidewalk, wherever people were when they randomly decided they were done with them, they start alarming. Rented bikes have to go back into the racks; I don't get why they don't have designated return spots for these, too.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA I'm pretty sure there are more pros than cons to having a doctor in the family. I hope you are feeling well enough tomorrow to do a short run.