AlphaHowls wrote: »
    1/1 15.5 miles, 1707 days on the run, 889 days HM+ Streak
    1/2 15.34 miles New Shoes, Crazy Laps! Did manage 2 miles outside, IBS
    1/3 15.21 miles New Shoes, Crazy Laps! Thunderstorms, tornado watch
    1/4 15.45 miles, 1710 days on the run, 892 days HM+ Streak
    1/5 15.5 miles, Running Partner A
    1/6 15.43 miles
    1/7 15.17 miles

what is your 15 mile running streak? hope the new shoes are rocking it!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    emptydog wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins There were a couple of unsettling moments when my lamp picked out two glowing eyes and then a pair of horns, but it was just a cow standing in the middle of the trail. There was another further up lying down, another heartstopping moment but they just gave me confused looks

At the first sight of the eyes and horns, I would have been running the other way. Screaming. :p:#

@emptydog umm yeah that was the most immediate urge but then I thought something with big yellow eyes and horns chasing me in the dark would probably be even more scary 😅
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Great job @martaindale
    Cheering you on tomorrow!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    Great running @Mari33a !

I feel I must qualify my statement @martaindale . I didn't wake up and get up this morning "to track you." I did wake up because I had to go pee and thought of you running and was cheering you on. I hope that still counts. :lol: I will get to catch a glimpse of you in the morning though, as I will be getting up about 7 in order to get ready for church. I know you are going to do great! Can't wait to see your results and hear all about it.

You're doing great @emptydog !

@ptabibian I'm glad you rethought your plan. An injury would not be good when you are just getting started. Only you will be able to decide if you are ready for a HM. Maybe find a plan and see how it goes. Maybe instead of April you could do one in the fall.

Great start to the year @SummerSkier !

Glad your long run felt "mostly" good @Scott6255 .

@eleanorhawkins Sounds like you made a sound decision to change course for your run and the sunrise from the mountain top sounds awesome. I'm also glad that the glowing eyes and horns were from a curious cow and not something more sinister.

Great running @AlphaHowls !

I did a treadmill workout this afternoon, after some house cleaning and going to the store for mom. I felt a lot better today during the run than I have in a while. I did a run/walk for 4/1 min at 4.3-4.7/3.8 mph and finished with 5:27 min at 4.8 mph. Total was 2.25 miles in 30:27 min for an avg pace of 14:14 min/mile. Avg HR was 139, max was 160 bpm. I walked a total of 1.0 mile for warm up and cool down.

exercise.png
  • emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo @martaindale
    Great job, indeed!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Fantastic marathon @martaindale ! I was following you during Sunday School and Church. I was so excited and wish I could have been at the finish line in person to cheer you on. Congratulations on completing the Dopey! You are awesome!!!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @martaindale! WOW! What a fantastic accomplishment!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Fit2btied2016 I'm with you with having a "must do" list and doing it first. You have a lot on your plate right now. I hope your husband's surgery goes well. Glad you found shoes you love.

@shanaber I hope your legs and back are feeling better today. You did great on your run. I don't know why people think the rules are for other people, not them. And, you're right, having motorized scooters and bikes kinda defeats the purpose. Great mileage for the month so far.

You're doing great @marisap2010 !

@SummerSkier It can't hurt to go for a visit and see the horse...well, it can hurt your heart the first time, but that horse may need you and you may need him. Just see how it goes and if you decide not to, then that's okay too.

Welcome @hamogela !

• spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was slammed by a migraine over the last couple of days, and haven't run or logged on. Wow, this group is consistent. I had like 80 messages to scroll through. I will have to do some catch up over the next week.

@kgirlhart I can see reasons why someone might not like Yoga with Adriene. I find her classes to be at my current level. (I used to be an avid Ashtanga/Mysore yoga person years ago, but hadn't done much yoga in years.) I'm going to check out the instructors you like.

• emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment!