Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,659 Member
    Mari33a wrote: »
    @elenorhawkins U should definitely go for the series races. U have them in u! Good luck on Sunday

I wholeheartedly agree. It's totally what I would do, if I could.

It's complicated... they've talked the organisers of next week's race into opening up 50 slots at 9pm tomorrow, so it'll be a case of the person with the best internet connection wins. Also, friend is starting to wonder if it's a good idea. So of course now I want to do it, lol. We've agreed to discuss tomorrow while we're climbing up the mountain, if that doesn't put us off, nothing will!
    There's a 'cold front' moving in, so they insist on windbreaker things with hoods tomorrow. I have 3, none have hoods, so now I need to go buy one.
  • eleanorhawkins
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    edited January 2023
    Nice running @kgirlhart , @Scott6255 , and @kgirlhart !

@Fit2btied Sounds like a couple of stressful weeks. I'm glad your DHs surgery went well. I hope you have a great run in your new speedy shoes today. The pups are adorable.

@eleanorhawkins Of course you want to do it now that your friend isn't sure. :lol: I hope you enjoy your race and new windbreaker and get a slot for the first race of the series.

• eleanorhawkins
    @SummerSkier oh yes, don't get me wrong I'm all for as much safety gear as possible... I generally carry an emergency blanket, whistle, first aid kit and food and water with me if I hit the mountains. BUT we're talking as south in southern Spain as you can go, it's a pretty easy course with plenty of emergency access and the race doesn't even start until 9.30am. I would say the chances of anyone freezing are like 0.00000000000000001%. Plus, they gave everyone a Buff with the bibs and shirts, they could just say wear a jacket and take that for your head. But, there are cheap ones at the store down the road and as they're often on gear lists I might as well just get one and call it an investment.
  • eleanorhawkins

@eleanorhawkins Of course you want to do it now that your friend isn't sure. :lol: I hope you enjoy your race and new windbreaker and get a slot for the first race of the series.

Lol yep of course. Tell me I can't do something and watch me want to!
  • quilteryoyo
    That's true for a lot of us @eleanorhawkins ! That's one reason that I don't "diet" anymore. If I tell myself I can't have a certain food, that's the only one that I want to eat. LOL At least with exercise, it's a good thing.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    @marisap2010 great job on your AG 2nd place!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,103 Member
    Congratulations on your AG placement @marisap2010! That is great especially after being sick.
  • eleanorhawkins
    @marisap2010 wtg! There's a lot of something that looks like covid but tests negative going round here, too. Glad you're feeling better.
  • quilteryoyo
    Congrats on your AG placement @marisap2010 ! That's amazing after being sick all week.

@Teresa502 I'm glad that your dad's surgery went well! Were they able to do laparoscopic surgery? When will he get to go home? It's so hard to get in exercise when you are staying with a loved in one the hospital. Hang in there.
  • eleanorhawkins
    @Teresa502 thanks, I had a great race! Glad the surgery went ok, hope he has a speedy recovery. Not running is totally understandable in those circumstances.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,292 Member
    @eleanorhawkins well done!!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Awesome job @eleanorhawkins!

@Teresa502 I’m glad your father’s surgery went well.
    My half zip was from the Wineglass Marathon last year.