January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA I'm so sorry the sickness is sticking around and that your son now has it. I hate to ask, but did you go to the doctor or get tested for CoVID? It almost sounds like that may be what you have. Glad you have found some food you can start eating before longer runs.

Mom and I had a "new year" celebration lunch at the Assisted Living with my cousin today.

exercise.png

@quilteryoyo
    Thank you! We're all Med-ed up over here. Haven't had to call in sick from work thankfully (I work remotely from home and rarely need to go into the office), but has been struggle bus and procrastination this week. Just about done the bare minimum and got through the week so next week will probably be busier. I think it's just irritating and just lingering. 10 days! Ugh. On its own, cough/cold -irritance; eating only soup/ramen/spicy foods (that you can taste/make you sweat) and skipping things with subtle tastes/ice cream. - irritance. I think the impacting on my daily routine and running is the big pain. Oh, and now the whiny 8 year old. Lol.
    It very well could be Covid. My sister (the Doc) is convinced it is - the new variant. Me: (over the last week)
    vqgdeviokyqb.png
    We had 1 lateral flow test kit lying about. Wife tried it - negative. But it was nearly a year old and those things arent particularly accurate anyways. Not paying for a PCR.
    I don't know about your State in the US, but Covid Testing stopped being 'free' about 6-12M over here.

Anyways... I am resting up today. Tomorrow is very wet and windy. So thinking Sunday for a run. 🤞

Anyways...
    I hope your mother enjoyed her lunch with you and your cousin! ☺️

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I remember that now. I hope doing the shorter distance for fun will improve your relationship with the race/mountain and maybe even let you be less resentful about the April marathon.

@tarun_yadavA I'm so sorry that you have had all of those symptoms for so long. Here in the south we say, "Bless your heart." I'm really in awe that you have been able to run what you did not eating much too. I hope you start to feel better soon. People I know who have had the new variant have been sick for a couple of weeks. So, hopefully you are on the home stretch, which is good since you now have a whiny 8 year old with it. :wink: I don't blame you for not paying for a test if you can work from home. I haven't had a test in a while, but I think they are still free here. Since I work at a daycare, if I'm sick, I will have to be tested to make sure.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Sounds like you already have your mind made up. It should be fun, esp. if you and your friend run them all together.

I didn't have a lot of energy today, so decided to do a treadmill walk at 3.8 mph. I walked 2.25 miles in 35:32 minutes. I'm hoping for a longish run tomorrow.

Ticker Factory has lost it's mind tonight. So, I'll just say that I am now at 34.62/70 mile goal so far.

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    @elenorhawkins U should definitely go for the series races. U have them in u! Good luck on Sunday
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    @elenorhawkins U should definitely go for the series races. U have them in u! Good luck on Sunday

I wholeheartedly agree. It's totally what I would do, if I could.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »

I wholeheartedly agree. It's totally what I would do, if I could.

It's complicated... they've talked the organisers of next week's race into opening up 50 slots at 9pm tomorrow, so it'll be a case of the person with the best internet connection wins. Also, friend is starting to wonder if it's a good idea. So of course now I want to do it, lol. We've agreed to discuss tomorrow while we're climbing up the mountain, if that doesn't put us off, nothing will!
    There's a 'cold front' moving in, so they insist on windbreaker things with hoods tomorrow. I have 3, none have hoods, so now I need to go buy one.
  • eleanorhawkins
    Options
  • quilteryoyo
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Nice running @kgirlhart , @Scott6255 , and @kgirlhart !

@Fit2btied Sounds like a couple of stressful weeks. I'm glad your DHs surgery went well. I hope you have a great run in your new speedy shoes today. The pups are adorable.

@eleanorhawkins Of course you want to do it now that your friend isn't sure. :lol: I hope you enjoy your race and new windbreaker and get a slot for the first race of the series.

• eleanorhawkins
    Options
    @SummerSkier oh yes, don't get me wrong I'm all for as much safety gear as possible... I generally carry an emergency blanket, whistle, first aid kit and food and water with me if I hit the mountains. BUT we're talking as south in southern Spain as you can go, it's a pretty easy course with plenty of emergency access and the race doesn't even start until 9.30am. I would say the chances of anyone freezing are like 0.00000000000000001%. Plus, they gave everyone a Buff with the bibs and shirts, they could just say wear a jacket and take that for your head. But, there are cheap ones at the store down the road and as they're often on gear lists I might as well just get one and call it an investment.
  • eleanorhawkins
    Options

@eleanorhawkins Of course you want to do it now that your friend isn't sure. :lol: I hope you enjoy your race and new windbreaker and get a slot for the first race of the series.

Lol yep of course. Tell me I can't do something and watch me want to!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    That's true for a lot of us @eleanorhawkins ! That's one reason that I don't "diet" anymore. If I tell myself I can't have a certain food, that's the only one that I want to eat. LOL At least with exercise, it's a good thing.