WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Tracey Prayers continue for you and your family.

Mammy We too woke up to spring winds and sunshine yesterday. I am thankful for big windows that I can see out of at work. Then afternoon came with high cold winds, dark clouds, rain, and lots of downed power lines. Winter is back. We made it home safely even though we had to take the long way home.

I slept hard last night! Not long enough, but didnt wake up at all.

Lisa and Ginny Good news on test results.

Kylia in Ohio where winter has returned
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Suebedo: (((hugs))) for your sister.

Karen Va: 🥰 The embroidery Journal.

Mid January Review: What have I noticed?
    📍Many of my ‘new‘ habits are now automatic.
    📍Too much sugary food makes me feel sluggish.
    📍My weight hasn’t gone back up as much as I expected after Covid.

So pleased that the mornings are beginning to noticeably lengthen again. Not a fan of the short days in December and January.

Intentions for today:
    ♦️put laundry away
    ♦️write piece for Creative Writing for tomorrow
    ♦️look out fabric for embroidery journal
    ♦️declutter desk
    ♦️visit DED daughter
    ♦️solid habits

MFP - Making Friends:
    🔹Go to <More> scroll down and select <Friends>
    🔹Click on + at top right, select <invite using email/MFP username>
    🔹Type MFP username in address bar
    🔹Write who you are and how you know the person (NB: many people are not looking for random friends, and/or do not accept friend requests)

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Irish Terri,
    At JoAnn’s fabric where I went for supplies and advice, there were two types of cloth that me and the 2 ladies helping me thought would work - but they said muslin, sackcloth, or the dinner napkin I chose would all work. I like the dinner napkin because it is sturdy, has a tight weave, and is already finished on the edges. But I am a rank amateur, so...

• KetoneKaren
    Options
    SueBDew, thinking of you and your sister.

Tracey,
    the same for you and your Roger. I always hoped for swift resolutions, too, for me as well as those I love.

Machka -
    I know, on the binary thing for Egg's messaging! Not sure why the laptop keyboard only registered those two... she's not light on her feet, she's a very thumpy little kitty.

Karen - I love the embroidery journal! I haven't embroidered for 30 years, and now I don't have the patience, and can no longer see well enough to be able to embroider at that level. However, it makes me wonder whether I could sketch out and create my own quilt journal for my quilts. If you've ever seen an album quilt, that's kind of what I've got in mind, but quite a bit less detailed. I've got images of almost every quilt I ever made, and I think I could probably make a miniature version of each as a large quilt square, perhaps with a margin for information, when, for who, etc. I'll have to scribble that down for my design book. I do not need another project (I have six in progress already) but there's always inspiration out there.

Posting this, but will probably drop in later.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Oh my goodness, I would love to learn to quilt...and the idea of a quilt journal literally gives me goose bumps. If you do this, and post it to a quilter’s group, your idea will go viral.

awesome sauce

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Rori, Happy belated birthday, my friend. I love the needlework project. xoxo
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    I’m way behind - up to page 45 - so my comments will reflect that.

Love you all.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Changed mind on online shopping already. I really like the produce and eggs at another store that doesn't offer pick up. Reckon I will head there either tonight or in the early morning. Plans to go to Kentucky this weekend. Other than better eating choices which helps my weight, I probably would be okay for a few more days. Just nothing fresh.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Heather- I am on book 2! I can visualize the places you grew up in your writing. Thank you for sharing.

Okay, so compromised. Will go to one grocery with produce I like, and have a pick up scheduled at other. Yay!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Heather- I am on book 2! I can visualize the places you grew up in your writing. Thank you for sharing.

Okay, so compromised. Will go to one grocery with produce I like, and have a pick up scheduled at other. Yay!

You know I order groceries online and will get some produce that way.

But we get a lot of our produce from our own garden or from the fresh fruit and veg market. We like going there, it's a nice atmosphere. Much better than a grocery store.

So yes, a combination works.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept well,ive upped my melatonin to 10 mg and the antidepressants to 150 mgs and feel much better.
    Miles is snoozing,Aslan is on my lap ..the 2 cats have been barreling around the house.
    So sad to hear about to David Crosby passing away, always loved his music..
    Hopefully will be a quiet weekend..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Thank you for the encouragement on my exercise comments. It helps me to be proud of myself.

Tracey, ooh I guess there's never a good time for Covid, but what a complication! Hope the spread is limited.

Machka, what a drama queen at your office! Screaming and crying at work are signs that her problems extend well beyond work. Good for you for responding calmly. Maybe you can tip the office atmosphere back towards professionalism.

Today I take my mom to the podiatrist. It took me six months of pressure to get her to agree to go. Yay!

Okay ladies. Have a great day, and make good choices! Imagine how healthy we will be this summer if we make good choices now!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Kylia - <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    🌻🌼🌷🌈
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member