WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    It is 6:52 in Illinois and there is snow on the ground. I’m happy to look at it from my windows and have no desire to walk outside in it.

😊
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    My son has tested positive this morning for Covid so we now all have it and can dispense with the indoor masks while in our home. My husband and I were trying really hard to keep germs to a minimum in the house quarantining is separate rooms and wearing a mask if we had to go to common areas of the house. No need now.

Beth - I'm so sorry! Does it mean your son is going to lose his job?
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options

Gratitude list
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE—- Today I appreciate my bulletproof coffee

1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think—DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses——DONE
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house—tossed Christmas card I had collected
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)—This year was jewelry from my ‘adopted’ granddaughter.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today—-Done plus #1 again!
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year—-Bringing my car to the car wash one or more times a month!
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today—-Breakfast-savored the texture of my OUI yogurt versus the granola I added.
    8 Who was your favorite teacher—My French teacher in High School. Sister Jeannette
    9 Create something today—-I will work on my crochet - making a granny square afghan out of left over yarn.
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song—Against the wind, We were running against the wind. We were young and strong, we were running against the wind.
    11 Send a card/note to someone today—Done! Note to DH and card for Uncle’s birthday.
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Losing weight and better financial status.
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today—Done!
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol) 1. I got to go to TN to attend my daughter’s wedding last year, My brother from AZ came to visit us in NM, I experienced my first 5.4 earthquake in NM this past December.
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week—Called my mom, and texted my 3 kids.
    16 What made you smile today—-The beautiful scenery on my morning wetlands walk.
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—! Picture in spoiler

On my morning walk. You can see Captain Mountain in the background (where Billy the Kid had his hideout)
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...heat, air conditioning, water, sewer, a roof over my head, a car, internet, electronics, clothes, shoes, medicines, food, means of cooking, refrigerator, use of a freezer, use of a washer/dryer, books, writing utensils, everything I use every day!
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently—Done!
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself. I’m tenacious, my hair color, my love of learning, my ability to mediate, my technology abilities.
    21 Pay it forward in some way—to be accomplished
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?—Being debt free.
    23 Go an entire day without complaining—-This is going to tough!
    24 What about you makes you special? My patience
    25 Spend time with a loved one—My DH (do it every day!)
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy? When my babies were born.
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend - This is something I do often
    28 What fear have you overcome? Divorcing my first husband
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Karen- thank you- a few points hit very close to home. With former husband, he told me the reason he was leaving was "because he didn't want to be married anymore" but in reality, that was the furthest thing from the truth and he still regrets it- mental issues that he didn't know how to deal with was the real problem. Partly, he thought he had inherited
    bipolar from his mother(he didn't just has others that he has since gotten help for and apologizes all the time for all of it-PTSD, Aspergers and a couple other things I don't remember).
    Current one, out of spite for something he THOUGHT I was doing(only wanting to be with him to get pregnant which,yes I did want a baby but that was not the only reason I was with him. He was sweet and attentive back then). He cut off all affection then and to this day the cats get a lot more attention and affection from him than I ever do. Over 26 yrs of it(for years I had no clue until I finally got the guts up to call him out on it- said he would work on it but hasn't).
    Now, I focus on doing more things for me and not dwell on what I am missing. I would love for things to change in him but he has to change, I can't change him.

ux708nv5kigl.png

Thank for the meme! I have taken on that attitude, especially since seeing my therapist. It’s hard to change at any age but it can be done. I find if i call my DH out on his behavior or something he says, he changes. I was always afraid of doing that but it is so freeing!

RVRita
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it's almost February! Where has the month gone. Nothing much going on this weekend except that it's the end of the quarter so I have Monday off. Nice little benefit of not teaching anymore!

28 What fear have you overcome?... the things I'm afraid of are internal, like losing people or losing their respect, so if anything the fear I've overcome is sort of crass and egotistical in that, I've learned (sometimes) not to care what other people think.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice...
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?...
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...
  • kevrit
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I think my ex has poisoned my daughter against me. It would be in character for him, and she lives with him. He was clear of his cancer five years before I left, but I know he says I abandoned him when he was sick. He ignores that he was working full-time at a wonderful job that I got for him. He likes to be the victim so he can manipulate people.

She ghosted me a few years ago so I have no idea what's going on with her now. It hurts, especially when I think of growing old alone. Or missing events in her life. I still think I had to get divorced for my mental health, but I never dreamed she would treat me like this. I wish I had the opportunity to explain to her, but after all his brain washing and gaslighting, she probably wouldn't believe me.

Anyway, today is a laundry day. And dumbbells later. Thanks for the encouragement KJ!

Annie in Delaware

I got divorced from my first husband for both my mental and physical health. He tried to poison my kids against me, but the kids have since figured out their dad, who used them through the divorce against me. They have limited contact with him now. They still do, because he is their father, but they do not like him. They don’t like my current DH either, but this one definitely isn’t physical.

RVRita
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Machka, yup, not the fly strips that came to my mind ;)
    Heather ((hugs))
    Kelly sorry finances mean you won’t be seeing the grands this spring or summer, but bravo to them for their preparations to move close to you in 2025.
    Katla I’m with you. Boise had “chamber of commerce snow” our first year there, just enough to decorate the landscaping but melted off the sidewalks. It was a teaser. By the time we left (20 years later) winters were longer and colder. We had ice on the deck from November to May. :noway:
    Rita looking forward to the sing-along video.

Breakfast’s eaten, time to get outside before the wind kicks up. Want to pick up some branches/sticks downed by the storms. Every time I do, I think of Suebdew and her pecan orchard. No tasty nuts here, alas.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    January: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to February, only a few days away.

Today I will spend time with DH, and get some indoor exercise. :smile:
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Welcome back @Brigit42!
    Sue well done on the weight AND being able to stay off the statins. Safe travels.
    Beth sorry your son and DH let Cecil down on the training. You’re right the invisible fence is zero protection from predators like that aggressive dog. I like Michele’s treat training tip but have never managed to be consistent enough with Tumble. I’m still working on “calm” with both Tumble and Shadow. Joe likes to get them worked up for a high energy greeting when he comes home. I’m the exact opposite. Don’t want them squealing, jumping, tussling, want them to sit calmly and look at me expectantly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but they don’t get the ‘welcome home Mama!’ cookie until both are lying down and paying attention. One area where we’ve made progress is they both must be sitting and “wait”ing for the “break” signal to go out through the door. Glad Cecil is coming to understand that you are the Alpha Queen of the House! Sorry to hear you got Covid, hope it’s mild and passes quickly with no after effects.
    Carol bless you for caring for that little lizard. I would not be so calm about a reptile in my house, and would be setting a humane mouse trap with hamburger in it so he could be relocated outside. :laugh: Ah I see you already caught/relocated him. That basement sounds scary!
    Pip :love: the camping pics, especially the pups in the bunks.
    Margaret “everyday things” yes this. Just noticing and being thankful lifts my spirits.
    Kylia I kept a few work suits/blazers for church, the rest were donated and I don’t miss ‘em.
    Karen in VA, what a liberating realization. Hope your ex is able to join you in the conversation with your son.
    Machka what a glorious, no-time-limits ride. Hooray! The mental image I got of walking through doorway fly strips was probably not what you mean. ;)
    Annie a care givers group sounds like just the ticket.
    Lisa thank you for that list. It both comforts me and encourages me to do better. Ditto yours to Kylia.
    Tina if something worsens after a month of recommended treatment, maybe it’s time for a second opinion?
    Rebecca Lizard in the shower? :astonished::noway: :sick:
    Thanks Barbie. Will look at LL Bean again.
    Katla thanks for the Columbia recommendation, that’s where I got my rain pants, so why didn’t I think of them?
    Michele hope that water heater leak didn’t damage your floors.
    Rosemarie thank you for the “Dust if you Must” poem.

Tina’s “food is too expensive to eat diet” is becoming popular here too. Just paid $6 for a little basket of cherry tomatoes. When I read Debbie’s posts about her shopping options I REALLY miss living in the Bay Area.

Prayers continue for Tracey on her sad journey and hope she’s able to be with her mom.

There, finally caught up with, for the moment :laugh:
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    January: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Yes! Luckily it was our sons bathroom so they gleefully picked it up and put it outside!
    I would've freaked if it was our bathroom!😂😜
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    l59r6ivapr3e.jpg
    Tracy and Kyle picked up some of there favorite Falafel ,I gave them a gift certificate for Christmas.. look who is enjoying his...
    Went to visit my neighbor Lil
    Bless her she wasn't good yesterday.. but is a better today.. visited for about an hour..
    Trudy ,got to Buenos Aires safely and will be getting on the ship for Antarctica..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Ooh today is taco salad day. I'm looking forward to it. I'm planning on using my serving bowl as my salad bowl again!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa