Women 200lb+, Let's Have An Extraordinary January!!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• loumoon5
    loumoon5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SW:212
    CW:204.9
    GW:180
    IW: 130

Good morning. Finding the silver lining; I'm celebrating even though my loss was only 1 pound over two weeks. It was a rough two weeks. I'm putting in more hours at work to close year end and just haven't made time for exercise. I see the encouragement this group offers some members so I'm just going to live vicariously through them.

Lulu, 57, atheist, introvert, dog lover and all around pretty awesome person
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    My name is Mary, 65 from Pennsylvania.
    Been MIA for a few months but still logging in everyday since I started MFP 5/14/21.

Unfortunately lost my mojo and gained a lot back but not all Thank God! Need to get back on track and focused. I bought a NEW to me, gently used, Commercial PreCor EFX 835 Elliptical. It was delivered the beginning of November, as others here know I wore my previous 10+ year old one out from my extensive workouts. Stopped using it mid November to get my Christmas shopping done earlier than my norm. I was planning to start back up a week ago but had a GI bug and very weak. I restarted today but very slow at 45 minutes and 3 miles compared to my 3 hour historical workout sessions. I will MAYBE workup to it again.

Good to see some familiar names here and glad to see some new ones too!

Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    9/14/20-255 lbs
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs
    4/6/22- 147.6 lbs (107.4 lbs lost) I did NOT have a surgery. Did Keto.
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs
    12/1/22-198 lbs

1/1/23- 213.4 lbs
    1/2/23- 213.4 lbs
    1/3/23- 207.4 lbs
    1/4/23- 205.8 lbs
    1/5/23- 205.8 lbs
    1/6/23- 201.4 lbs
    1/7/23- 202.4 lbs
    1/8/23- 204.4 lbs elliptical 45 minutes
    1/9/23- 204.4 lbs elliptical 46 minutes
    1/10/23-201.6 lbs elliptical 47 minutes
    1/15/23-202.4 lbs Did my elliptical 120 minutes yesterday and today. Sunday is my official weigh in day.
    1/19/23-199.4 lbs ONEDERLAND!!! Will be short lived. I'm making ham tonight. At least water weight is short lived. Elliptical Interval setting, 150 minutes for 9.7 miles.
    1/20/23- 200.2 lbs Elliptical Interval setting, 150 minutes for 9.92 miles
    1/21/23-203.4 lbs Ugh!!!
    1/22/23-200.2 lbs Elliptical Interval setting 150 minutes for 10.05 miles, "WEIGHTING" for my WHOOSH next week?!

1/29/23-210.4 lbs :-( Elliptical Interval setting 150 minutes Friday, Saturday and today for about 10 miles each day.
  • TeamCap12
    TeamCap12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do my weigh in on Sundays so thought I would check in here as well.

SW: 265
    CW: 250.4
    GW: 155

Quote of the week: "It's okay to struggle, but it's not okay to give up on yourself or your dreams" Gabe Grunewald

Goals for the week:
    • Do cardio everyday (I have a desk job and was only taking roughly 500 steps a day. So now I force myself to get on the treadmill to increase my steps since it is too cold out side. I have a Proform so I do walking/jogging classes)
    • Do weight training on the Tempo 4 days
    • Stay within 1500 calories
    • Log all food intake

Have an amazing week everyone!
  • KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Kacy

51 years old
    5'10"
    9/11/22: 253 (SW, highest ever)
    01/05/23: 231
    01/28/23: 223 Goal this month was to hit the 220's, so I'm happy!
    UGW: 165

I started this month posting about how I needed to regain momentum, and I've done just that. I'm feeling so much more positive and optimistic after doubling down on simply making good food and movement choices in the moment. I needed to get out of my own head, shut up with the stories and excuses, and bring myself to the choice in front of me in the present moment. "Yo! Kacy! Are you making a choice that casts a vote for the new, healthy you? Or are you falling back on old patterns?"

For sleep, I got a pair of blue-blocking glasses I wear in the hour or two before bed. They are hilarious—make me look like a bug—but they help me to wind down and prime my brain for sleep.

@pamperedlinny We just got our (second-hand) chest freezer! I am hunting now for the white board you recommended. :)
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

It's Monday morning and I'm just not feeling it today. The fact that it's overcast and chilly outside isn't helping that at all.

On Friday night we had our monthly movie night. I know the deal is normally not to count calories or do any big deal about all the food but just to enjoy but I've been working so hard on my boundaries I didn't want to throw it all away that day. Instead I ate really light, only about 460 calories for the entire day, until it was pot luck movie night time. I kept track of what all I had and logged it later. It included adult beverages, lasanga, popcorn, veggies, dip, cookie and more.... and I still ended below my calories for the day. I tried to fill up on the "good" stuff and then allow small amounts of what I really wanted. I didn't feel deprived and I still got to enjoy everything I wanted to have. We did Mickey Blue Eyes this month. Next month we're going to do Singin' In The Rain. :smile:

Saturday and Sunday I had all the party leftovers plus we bought pizza for lunch on Sunday. I still stayed fully within my goals and I'm really proud of myself for not attacking things like leftover cookies and chips at the first chance.

I also started making my own ready to go protein shakes this week. I love my shakes but don't do them often because I don't always want to clean the blender so instead I skip it. Recently I decided to just make things that don't need a blender. Just chocolate protein powder, almond milk and maybe a skinny syrup for "Chocolate Caramel" or putting almond milk, vanilla protein powder and a powder drink mix (like for bottled water) for fruity flavors. Having a few options in the fridge as ready to go snacks has been working too. Last night I wanted a little sweet treat but I didn't want to mess up the kitchen I just cleaned or get deep into the cookies so I grabbed one of these bottles from the fridge. I know they sell them pre-made at the store too but I can customize more flavors and it's cheaper to buy the powder than those bottles. If you have any fun flavor combo ideas let me know! So far the powders I have are vanilla, chocolate, strawberry banana, cafe latte and unflavored. I also have powdered peanut butter and about 50 skinny syrups. I'm thinking of buying a caramel protein powder on my next pay day.

@KacyCarpe That's so great! I can't tell you how often we use that white board list to make decisions and grab things from the chest freezer. Those grab and go meals I just throw in the microwave for a minute, small bits of leftovers I freeze to use later and knowing what I have when I just don't want to cook keep me from going out to fast food or restaurants way more than I want to admit. It is probably the best thing I ever did for both my budget and my diet.
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    "every loss is a gain" and "every day is a second chance"...I'm getting words of wisdom on this Monday morning!!! A little frustrated that it is going so slow and that I "don't get to have" some of my favorite unhealthy foods. Gotta keep my eye on the big picture and remember it's all about choices. No need to act like a victim because I'm CHOOSING not to get chips and dip for our winter weather. Have a great day everyone!
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. I’ve adjusted my weight check to Tuesday and Saturday. I’m still losing so I’m happy. Don’t think I’ll make January goal but I got really close. 😊

SW: 307 (12/8/22)
    CW: 291.4
    JGW: 290
    UGW: 175

Goals:

💛 Increase water intake
    💛 Increase rehab workouts
    💚 Continue core exercises
    💚 Increase walking
    💚 Continue high protein, low carb, high

Have a great week!!!
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 354 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    💜Hello, ladies!

Next month's group has been posted in the Motivation and Support Forum: 💗 Women 200lb+, Let's Flourish This February!!! 💗

Here's the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10883158/women-200lb-lets-flourish-this-february#latest

See you over there!💜
  • coffeerose55
    coffeerose55 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Lets see where this will take us. My issue is being consistently inconsistent :( Not sure why, lazy, discouraged?? what???
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, @coffeerose55 ! The gang has moved on to the February thread, linked right above your post. I think a lot of us can empathize with consistency issues!
  • coffeerose55
    coffeerose55 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Sargemarconi,
    I will wait for the march thread.Thank you for your reply
    Coffeerose
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Hi Sargemarconi,
    I will wait for the march thread.Thank you for your reply
    Coffeerose

@coffeerose55 The March thread is at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10885400/women-200lb-lets-make-march-meaningful#latest