TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    Grocery shopping early this morning.

Yesterday went well.
    Intentions for today:
    📍grocery shopping ✔️
    📍Latin translation
    📍solid habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    I effectively had HRT. I had problems with migraines, moodiness, and brain fog in perimenopause so I took a steady-state birth control pill. It was the same pill for the whole cycle, which prevented the roller coaster part. I kept taking those through menopause. I had extreme troubles with brain fog which may be unrelated, but the hot flashes were minor. I used to call them warm flushes.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

MIL fell back in June and broke bones in her hand and wrist then fell again(UTI) 3 ribs. At that time, she truly needed someone there all the time. She has gotten better but still WANTS(but doesnt NEED) dh's help all the time. He goes over every morning to give her breakfast, her pills and feed her dog, same thing at night. She is physically capable of doing more for herself but she wants to be waited on.
    She is very mean towards him but he continues to wait on her, then complains to me. Is mad now because he is doing all of it himself. I was helping a lot- walking her dog every day, cooking a lot for her, all while she complained about me. Since my accident then surgeries, I have only been there once and I am totally fine with it.
    She hates me and hates dh but there is no one else. Her other son, her favorite that still lived with her died in a car accident 11 yrs ago.
    She is 86 yrs old. She doesn't want to be alone but has no friends because she has been mean to everyone.
    He comes home all pissed because he picks up food(she will not even try it if she knows I cooked it now), and then she won't eat it. I just hope he is using her money to buy all this food for her twice a day, every day. He is mad about throwing so much food away. She tells him not to bother picking up food because she isn't eating anymore. I told him he can't force her to eat. Offer it and if she doesn't want to eat, let her go hungry. It is her choice.
    We have tried hiring help to come in so he gets a break but she didn't like the lady. I told him he has to do something. He is beyond the breaking point right now.
    I would be happy if we put her in a home which is what she says she wants(but she is expecting one that everyone caters to her every wish-NOT going to happen), clear out her house and rent it out to help cover the cost of the rest home. Don't want to sell her house.
    Something needs to happen before something happens to him. All this stress is not good for him- he is diabetic, has high blood pressure. He is a total pessimist and doesn't let things go. He dwells on things forever. He is going to have a heart attack, stroke or do something to himself.

Debbie

I rarely read posts all the way through but when I started to skim your post I had to stop and start over. I didn’t know we had the same mother. Unfortunately, mines a bit worse.
    [/quote]

Oh, she is even worse. People dont believe dh when he tells them some of the terrible things she has done/said.
    The day after his brother died, she looked dh in the eye and said "Wrong son died!" We found out that day that she had in fact had done what she had threatened to do when he and I got married. She had basically disowned him- taken him out of her will. Then, because there was no one else, changed it to put him in it and didn't understand why he was upset about it. Why be mad, he will get everything now anyways.
    She tells anyone who will listen(or is forced to listen to her, like her doctors) that she is all alone, no one to help her, just her and her dog, all this WHILE dh is standing right there, taking her to all her appointments or shopping or out to eat or what ever.
    After all this abuse, he still goes over there twice a day and does everything for her.
    It is an obligation and nothing more. They are constantly yelling at each other, cussing at each other.
    He tells me all the time if something happens to him, for me to make sure she knows it is because of her.
    Not like she will understand or "get it".

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    mariekylco wrote: »
    Debbie: I have an 87 yo mom who causes me all sorts of worry. I am lucky to live in a college town and had access to 8 free sessions of counseling directed at the family/caregivers of elderly and at risk folks. It did really help me get my own head a bit straighter. I was able to decrease conflict with the ideas she gave me- although my mom is no where near as hard as this. Just won't eat well, won't call if she is falls or is hurt, etc. Still lives on her own and no interest in moving somewhere safer.
    It may be there are caregiver support groups or services that could give you a break or help in other ways.
    Marie in Colorado

I know there is help available but dh has to be the one that asks for help. So far, he finds reasons against every suggestions I make.
    He complains about doing everything by himself but won't really try and get any help.
    I have asked him many times to go talk to someone-went to counseling once, said it didn't help so not going back. He really NEEDS to talk to someone. Someone who can help him sort things out.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    We were really looking forward to having Edie and Bea tomorrow morning for painting. We heard this afternoon that Edie and my son have a vomiting bug. :o Bea had it on Sunday and is now fine, so we will still have her. Max is due to come on Friday, but they are going to keep an eye on him. We don't want to pass on anything to our visitors! We have already cancelled our visitors twice! If he is off colour, he is going home!

Bought my first bunch of daffodils today. :D Usually I can buy them in January. I love having a bunch on the dining room table.

Had my hair trimmed. I had a voucher, so got a blow dry as well, instead of just a wet cut. Nice chat with the hairdresser.

I decided today that I would be too sad to sell my gold necklace. I really ought to wear it. I do like it as it's a nice deep gold colour. Instead I raided my savings that I am keeping for my cruise. I do have enough left. :*
    I just want to be able to go to London next week with a clear conscience. Enjoy myself without watching every penny. Of course, DH said he would give me money if I needed it, but .........
    Anyway, it's still there if I need it another time.

Big shake up in Scotland. :*:s

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Doctors appt well today.
    -I got the doctor involved with the request for labs every 6 months. She will monitor no problem.
    -got blood pressure meds renewed BP was 127/73 today
    -will be getting X-Ray for hands. Possible cysts in both palms. Got Motrin based cream to help with achiness in them.
    -got blood and urine labs (felt like a pin cushion). 2 new corpsman tried, finally got the tried and true guy I have always had. He got it no prob.
    -got a sleep aide so I can sleep better. Not think about youngest sailor son or solve my worlds problems.
    Tomorrow will do X-Ray, and pick up everything. Maybe do mammogram if I need to.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Betsy - have a great trip.

I did HRT for about 8 years during perimenopause. Hot flashes were not so bad but could not abide the mood swings. Had minor problems with fibrous cysts as a result. I currently use estradiol in a vaginally inserted tablet for atrophic vaginitis. I have found it also helps with bladder and rectal tone. I have not had any negative side effects.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options

MIL fell back in June and broke bones in her hand and wrist then fell again(UTI) 3 ribs. At that time, she truly needed someone there all the time. She has gotten better but still WANTS(but doesnt NEED) dh's help all the time. He goes over every morning to give her breakfast, her pills and feed her dog, same thing at night. She is physically capable of doing more for herself but she wants to be waited on.
    She is very mean towards him but he continues to wait on her, then complains to me. Is mad now because he is doing all of it himself. I was helping a lot- walking her dog every day, cooking a lot for her, all while she complained about me. Since my accident then surgeries, I have only been there once and I am totally fine with it.
    She hates me and hates dh but there is no one else. Her other son, her favorite that still lived with her died in a car accident 11 yrs ago.
    She is 86 yrs old. She doesn't want to be alone but has no friends because she has been mean to everyone.
    He comes home all pissed because he picks up food(she will not even try it if she knows I cooked it now), and then she won't eat it. I just hope he is using her money to buy all this food for her twice a day, every day. He is mad about throwing so much food away. She tells him not to bother picking up food because she isn't eating anymore. I told him he can't force her to eat. Offer it and if she doesn't want to eat, let her go hungry. It is her choice.
    We have tried hiring help to come in so he gets a break but she didn't like the lady. I told him he has to do something. He is beyond the breaking point right now.
    I would be happy if we put her in a home which is what she says she wants(but she is expecting one that everyone caters to her every wish-NOT going to happen), clear out her house and rent it out to help cover the cost of the rest home. Don't want to sell her house.
    Something needs to happen before something happens to him. All this stress is not good for him- he is diabetic, has high blood pressure. He is a total pessimist and doesn't let things go. He dwells on things forever. He is going to have a heart attack, stroke or do something to himself.

Debbie

I rarely read posts all the way through but when I started to skim your post I had to stop and start over. I didn’t know we had the same mother. Unfortunately, mines a bit worse.

Oh, she is even worse. People dont believe dh when he tells them some of the terrible things she has done/said.
    The day after his brother died, she looked dh in the eye and said "Wrong son died!" We found out that day that she had in fact had done what she had threatened to do when he and I got married. She had basically disowned him- taken him out of her will. Then, because there was no one else, changed it to put him in it and didn't understand why he was upset about it. Why be mad, he will get everything now anyways.
    She tells anyone who will listen(or is forced to listen to her, like her doctors) that she is all alone, no one to help her, just her and her dog, all this WHILE dh is standing right there, taking her to all her appointments or shopping or out to eat or what ever.
    After all this abuse, he still goes over there twice a day and does everything for her.
    It is an obligation and nothing more. They are constantly yelling at each other, cussing at each other.
    He tells me all the time if something happens to him, for me to make sure she knows it is because of her.
    Not like she will understand or "get it".

[/quote]

We DO have the same mother. She disowned me for 10 years. Gurlllll we should talk and compare, see who’s worse. Oh and she’s old school Mexican which makes it all the more worse
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I did thirty minutes each of yoga and aerobic walking Yay! Now to eat my mango shake and bit of chicken. I should be on track for eating today. But I have cooking to do, so there will be temptation!

I started looking at online forums for Alzheimer's caregivers today. It made me sad to look ahead at my mom's future. I also turned down a chance to visit a friend because I can't be gone overnight. So that part is here now. But things have been okay lately.

Annie in Delaware

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 9min 51sec, 25elev, 2.93ap, 89ahr, 104mhr, 3.65mi= 370c
    Strava app = 447c
    Another walk w/family- 1hr 3min 5sec, 29elev, 2.83ap, 88ahr, 109mhr, 3.02mi= 305c
    Strava app = 370c

Total miles 6.67
    Total cal 675
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    [

[/quote]

We DO have the same mother. She disowned me for 10 years. Gurlllll we should talk and compare, see who’s worse. Oh and she’s old school Mexican which makes it all the more worse
    [/quote]

haha- MIL is old school Okinawan!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    <3