Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Saturday --

Sleep
    Gardening
    Laundry - including hauling it outside and hanging it up, then hauling it back inside
    Cycling

gnak8xh8qa2b.png

h5rrccyob9sm.png
    https://actionforhappiness.org/sites/default/files/Apr 2023.jpg

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Question for you all ...

When you were young (under 20), what did you want to be when you grew up?

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,720 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Heather- your trips look lovely,the one im going on.I have been on the ship before
    Its one of there older ships but they refurbished some of it in 2018.
    They rake you over the coals for everything extra..Im not a big drinker so I will bring my Yeti,and drink whatever is free. I might break down and get a fru fru drink or 2,but they are charging 102.00 a day for the deluxe drink package so alcoholic drinks,soda,specialty coffees and teas fall into that category. Really who wants to spend over 700.00 to drink
    Sheesh
    We can bring on a 12 pack of soda which we will do
    And we don't do the fancy dining room,we just do the buffet
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Question for you all ...

When you were young (under 20), what did you want to be when you grew up?

M in Oz

I was going to be a nurse at first, like my mother. But then I decided to be a teacher, like my father.

Although I do have a teaching degree (which I got in my early 40s), I work in data and enjoy that. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Karen - I only have around 8 Facebook friends and only one or two of them ever like my posts. I don't want more as I only use it to keep an eye on DH'S relatives! I do a lot more on Instagram these days. For contacting friends I use WhatsApp.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

The rest probably don't see your posts. I know I don't see all the posts my FB friends make, it's just the way FB is set up now. Nor do I have the time to go looking.

Also, sometimes I like posts, sometimes I don't. Depends how I feel at the moment ... and depends how good my internet connection is. There's a black spot between home and work.

If this guy is running marathons, he's probably too busy training to spend a lot of time looking at FB.

M in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Debbie bladder infections are quite common in cats. The main culprit is the kibble they are fed. I learned from my Pet Summit Group cats are strictly carnivores and when fed a steady diet of Kibble it can make them prone to bladder infections. I think that is what happened to my parents cats. It was awful for all concerned.

Dogs can handle some veggies. Ideally no starches. They too end up with problems from too much Kibble. Diabetes being one of the conditions too much Kibble can cause. What I mean by Kibble is the processed pet food that overcooked and has way too much starch (either with grain or potatoes) for the pet to digest. The overcooking of pet food creates problems for the fat that is in the food.

I do give DrewB a small amount of Freeze dried dog food because our winter has been so long and hard to get her out for walks because of snow and ice. She is not a winter loving dog. To give her enough exercise we play chase the treat around the house.

The argument for dog food is a balanced diet. How do we balance our diets. We eat a variety of foods everyday. This is what I have started to do for DrewB and her health has improved.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options