Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Joy -This would have been when you were in your 20's!!! LOL

That’s funny!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Well I received a lovely present from a friend today. She had a dogwood tree planted in my yard as a memorial for my husband. I hope I can keep it watered and get it to bloom.

On the topic of cats. The ones at the shelter are feral and I have not attempted to pet them. They do not come up to me or try and interact with me. They certainly watch me. How do you think I should go about trying to touch one of them?

I have found that even with cooking dinner my hardest time of the day is between 5pm and 7pm. I get very depressed and tired during this time. I do play music sometimes which helps. Sometimes I nap. Usually I get a second wind and pull out of it.

Best
    Rosemarie from Georgia

softly talk to them. Don't push to try and touch them too soon, they will let you know when they are ready. They will slowly, or not so slowly come up to you.

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,628 Member
    Options
    Never made it outside. Did work paperwork all day-ugh! Feeling accomplished but not caught up yet. Dh even cleaned up dinner for me.

I always thought I was social, but work takes too much from me these days. I do miss the days of sitting in someone's living room or porch and just talking sometimes.

Eating....I am rarely hungry before 11 am. Then I snack lots if I don't eat well. I do eat dinner as DH is a dinner eater, but really would prefer 1 large meal earlier in the day. When on vacation we usually eat light brunch around 10ish, then dinner around 430. Perfect! I sleep better and don't gain weight. I have never been a good eater. My mom literally starts salivating about food, I just want it to look and taste good when I am hungry. I do have to watch low blood sugar though. Eating out doesn't help with weight for sure!

Lisa I agree. Caring for me is my biggest challenge.

Better get some sleep.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Also, anybody that is interested in getting rid of the creepy skin on your arms and legs the bone broth is doing wonders!!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

I can tell when I am dehydrated because my hands look old. A tall glass of water, and my hands start to look younger again. :)

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding being social ...

Personally, I would like to work from home and spend most of my days well away from other people. I like to go outside - walking, cycling, etc. but prefer if there aren't people around. I am excited by online classes I can attend and learn things ... without the stress of having to go somewhere and be around people.

Of course, I can do the people thing if I have to, but it wears me out. So my work days wear me out because I'm surrounded by people from the moment I set foot on the bus until I return home ( about 9.5 hours). Evenings and weekends, I would happily see no one other than my husband. In fact, that's exactly what's happening this weekend. I have a 3-day weekend, thank goodness, and it is 3 days of no social activity.

However, my husband would like to be more social. He's more social than I am and he's at home alone all day. Rhody has helped to some extent and being busy in the garden helps, but he would like to be able to talk to more people.

So I am trying to figure out how to solve that problem.

Machka in Oz

• dlfk202000
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Heather- your trips look lovely,the one im going on.I have been on the ship before
    Its one of there older ships but they refurbished some of it in 2018.
    They rake you over the coals for everything extra..Im not a big drinker so I will bring my Yeti,and drink whatever is free. I might break down and get a fru fru drink or 2,but they are charging 102.00 a day for the deluxe drink package so alcoholic drinks,soda,specialty coffees and teas fall into that category. Really who wants to spend over 700.00 to drink
    Sheesh
    We can bring on a 12 pack of soda which we will do
    And we don't do the fancy dining room,we just do the buffet

when we go on our cruises we do not buy the drink package either. I drink seltzer or tea. The guys did buy one of the coffee cards for 15 specialty coffees.
    We would eat breakfast and lunch at the buffet but dinners in the dining room(the one that was included, not the specialty/extra cost one). I loved the menu of amazing food that was also very healthy. I enjoyed some kind of seafood every single nights. The guys did get some specialty drinks at the bar a few times and we did try a lemoncello at dinner one night that was made on the ship(or so they said)-not my thing, smelled like lemon Pledge.
    We did take sodas, a bottle of wine and some of the flavored water powders.
    I am so looking forward to our next one.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Question for you all ...

When you were young (under 20), what did you want to be when you grew up?

M in Oz

I was going to be a nurse at first, like my mother. But then I decided to be a teacher, like my father.

Although I do have a teaching degree (which I got in my early 40s), I work in data and enjoy that. :)

M in Oz

The only thing I wanted to be when I was in my teens/twenties/thirties- was a wife and mom. I truly didn't not want to do anything else. I went to college and got my degree to teach preschool which I did for many year(teaching in a school or doing daycare in my home). I did become a wife at 21 but didn't become a mom until I was 36 and that took a LOT of work/medical procedures/and finally adoption.

• Machka9
    Options
    tgot6b0fq8ex.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Also, anybody that is interested in getting rid of the creepy skin on your arms and legs the bone broth is doing wonders!!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

I can tell when I am dehydrated because my hands look old. A tall glass of water, and my hands start to look younger again. :)

That is a great temporary solution. But water is not rich in collagen like bone broth is!

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options

Personally, I would like to work from home and spend most of my days well away from other people. I like to go outside - walking, cycling, etc. but prefer if there aren't people around. I am excited by online classes I can attend and learn things ... without the stress of having to go somewhere and be around people.

Of course, I can do the people thing if I have to, but it wears me out. So my work days wear me out because I'm surrounded by people from the moment I set foot on the bus until I return home ( about 9.5 hours). Evenings and weekends, I would happily see no one other than my husband. In fact, that's exactly what's happening this weekend. I have a 3-day weekend, thank goodness, and it is 3 days of no social activity.

However, my husband would like to be more social. He's more social than I am and he's at home alone all day. Rhody has helped to some extent and being busy in the garden helps, but he would like to be able to talk to more people.

Machka in Oz

Is it possible for your husband to get a part time job where he can get out and be around people during the day. My sister in law has an adult foster care home and a few of her clients with different disabilities get picked up daily by a van from Adult and Social Services. They get to work for different businesses. When done they get picked back up and dropped off. They love going to work and feeling useful. They get paid for their work as well.

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Feeling a bit stiff and tired today. Think it's because on our late afternoon dog walk yesterday, DD noticed what at first she thought were Deer in the field near where we walk. She said I could swear they were horses, looks like Dotty and Sweetie. Didn't think anymore about it until on the way back she said - it is Dotty and Sweetie what they doing out of their stables! To cut a (very) long story short, somehow two horses had escaped, Heather phoned L their owner and then spent the next two and a half hours chasing the silly horses around the woods and farm area. They were finally caught in a neighbours field and walked back to their stables. I was hanging around with Leah, keeping out of the way so we wouldn't scare the horses. I was so glad to get home, I was tired just waiting about walking up and down in the woods, poor Heather and L were exhausted trying to catch them. They are quite new horses to the farm and don't know the area that well yet which made it more difficult. I'm sure if it had been two of the other horses they would have been easier to catch.

Slept okay, but feel stiff and tired, well I am a year older now :D

Going to do my exercises before I talk myself out of it.

Before I go Machka I normally eat breakfast but the last few weeks I've not really been hungry (but eaten it anyway) so I am trying now to wait until I feel hungry which is usually around 10am 10:30am. I'm also experimenting with having a late lunch/dinner and then only having a snack around tea time. I never have supper. One of the things I don't like about eating out with friends on an evening is that I hate to go to bed on a full stomach, I'd much rather go out for lunch then not eat anything for the rest of the day. I'm still trying to work this out and listen to my body rather than go by the clock.

Take care and love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • Machka9
    Options

Machka in Oz

Is it possible for your husband to get a part time job where he can get out and be around people during the day. My sister in law has an adult foster care home and a few of her clients with different disabilities get picked up daily by a van from Adult and Social Services. They get to work for different businesses. When done they get picked back up and dropped off. They love going to work and feeling useful. They get paid for their work as well.

No.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Monday --

Sleep
    Garden
    Cycling

zdvasyabek2i.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,808 Member
    Options
    Well started the morning off with Cranky Carmine coping attitude at mom.
    I told him I would pick him off the bus for our hair appt ,and he snapped at his mom..he has the opportunity to stay after for extra help on Tuesdays and Fridays ,since he is failing all his classes.
    So he will be staying after Friday..so after that Tracy took the phone away for the day as he just has a nasty attitude.