Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    Well i was looking at some of the excursions for the cruise,and they had one in St Croix to an a boutique hotel with a pool etc.. and you can relax and adult only .for 4 hrs. But then you read the contract and the small print,those with underlying conditions etc and seniors are discouraged .. so thats out. And I already did the bus ride through. Maybe I'll stay on the ship .thats when its nice and quiet anyway lol.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Katla – how wonderful that you’re making your new home like your last. Adding the hummingbird feeders is wonderful! I’m sure the birds will find the feeders in no time at all

I try to have a breakfast before I go to work, usually something with protein. This morning I had steel cut oats that I had soaking overnight in a protein drink and some cold cereal. Right now I am not hungry at all. I’m thinking I’ll have that tomorrow but also add in some chicken breast.

Lisa – happy birthday!

Barbara – it’s not a done deal that we are going to Bristol. But I think it will happen. The guy to do the excavating should be here tomorrow. It’ll be a multi-day project and barring any unforeseen expenses, I think we’ll go. Will keep you all informed. I was in shorts yesterday but not today (boo) Tomorrow probably

I can’t remember the last time we went out for dinner for my birthday, or any holiday, for that matter. The restaurants are usually really packed for the holiday and, like Lisa, I just can’t justify the money for a restaurant meal when I can make something just as good (if not better)

Just found out that Jess isn’t oncall Easter, so it looks like I’ll be making Easter dinner. Tomorrow while the guy is here doing the excavating I’ll probably make up the menu and shopping list.

Went to ceramics tonight. The gal who runs it is getting a divorce so she gave me her wedding dress to give to the Green Room. Honestly, I don’t know that they want it but maybe they can use the material. She just doesn’t want the reminder.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Your DH wants a huge house and all live together. I don't know .....maybe some land and a separate residence on the land. Or maybe when you are older living with your son. But while everyone is active and healthy, it seems to me it would be chaotic. But thats just my opinion.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Yes you are probably right. Husband just dreams like I do, that we could be in a situation where we could walk to pick Athena for school, or be there for them if they wanted to go out to dinner. Plus they could have a bigger house with a yard etc.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Ginny looking back I wonder what prompted Joe to take that solo vacation. Communication has never been our strong suit. It never came up in our counseling. I’m just grateful for how things worked out.
    Terri reprieve, yay, but that’s a heck of a birthday present :{
    Margaret we got snow again this morning. Unheard of in April here on the Oregon Coast. Fortunately only a couple of inches and gone already, good think as we left the snow shovel in Idaho. ;)
    Michele “shorts” I am soooo envious. So glad you and Vince talked it out and you’re going to Bristol.
    Tracey your mug and coaster are beautiful, you really have the gift. :love: Michaela’s telling stories with her drawings. Another gift.
    Annie that sounds so scary. Is there any way you could slip a tracker/phone into your dad’s pocket?
    Rita I’m envious of your Italian herb garden, but practically we have neither the sun nor the warmth. Best I can do is lettuce, snow peas, radishes and carrots, soon as its pleasant enough to get out there.
    Rebecca would you remind me what your middle son is studying and when he’s scheduled to graduate?
    Mary how much bone broth how often?
    Katla I’m overjoyed to read you bought hummingbird feeders and hope the season and hummers come soon!
    Like Rosemarie and Kylia my energy nosedives around 1pm. Yesterday was able to drag my nap-wanting body outside to walk the dogs toward the neighbor’s and down to the powerline meadow. Perked me up enough to finish the matzoh roca (yum), and bake a couple batches of Passover chocolate chip cookies. Let my attention wander and burned the last tray. Won’t be making them again, the texture is gritty and the matzoh flavor pronounced. Hope my goddaughter feels free to trash ‘em if the hubby and kids don’t like them.
    Lanette I have tea with sugar around seven, breakfast (yoghurt or cottage cheese with fruit) in the 10:30-11 range, and biggest meal around four pm. If I have wine with that meal, I end up overdoing. Weight has been stable at 25 pounds over goal but started inching down this year. Like Machka and Debbie, starting the day with carb heavy breakfast makes me feel like I’m have to eat everything that isn’t nailed down.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors (yesterday. Path to neighbor’s and dogs to powerline.
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. Got it, time for PT ;)
    04/01: Move: dogs to powerline steps, 2 sets PT w/D. steps:4228
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8 lettuce-spring mix, maple syrup, onion soup, peanut sauce, soy breakfast patty, tangerine, tea, wheat-sourdough, CI =1631 :astonished:
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Tumble dematting, pesach choc chip batter, mise en place matzoh roca. Wt: 133.6
    04/02: Move: dogs to neighbor path and powerline meadow steps:4217
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+6= apple, beans-garbanzo, beets, cucumber, lettuce-spring mix, maple syrup, onion soup, peanut sauce, radish, romaine, soy breakfast patty, tangerine, tea, wheat-sourdough, CI =1259
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, church, baked half the choc chip cookies, finished the matzoh roca. Wt:135.1

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

He's a Business major, and I think he will graduate next year sometime. I don't know specifics.🙃💖👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Lisa!!! Hugs with the kind words!💖👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I’ve been having fun rearranging my place. I have one more item to get and then I’ll be able get the hummingbird feeder ready to go. 😊 I hope it will work, and the birds will find the feeder.

Katla in Illinois
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    <3
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3

Katla
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Pip DrewB struggles with anemia. My vet told me the test to find out if it caused by an auto immune condition would cost $200 and even if the test comes back negative there is a 50% chance she could still have it. I chose not to do the test but to go about finding ways to help her as if she had it. This is when I found the Pet Summit where I learned about alternative diets, requesting a titer the next time she is due for a rabies shot, alternatives to Flea and Tick Meds and Heartguard.

Her diet has 10% raw liver everyday. No more than that to prevent too much Vit D. I also give her an ester Vit C supplement to help with absorption or iron. Dogs don't normally need extra Vit C but because of her condition she does. They do not take the same kind of Vit C we do. Her last vet visit her numbers were better but still not completely normal.She is due for a follow up soon. She is doing much better than she was a year ago.

I just did not want to go down the steroid and blood transfusion route that is typically prescribed for this condition.

____

Liver is a rich source of 4 fat soluble vitamins: A, D, E, and K; A & D are the most potentially toxic. There are tales of Antarctic explorers who got sick or died after eating polar bear liver.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,352 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Thank you so much for the kind good wishes. I jumped at the chance of finally having the surgery. It’s a very simple procedure, but waiting lists are years long, so I am very grateful for the early slot, despite the fact that it’s on my birthday.

Lisa: Belated Happy birthday
    mzf63c2lcbsf.jpeg
    Tracey: 😍 the mugs/coaster combo
    Lanette: I eat a light breakfast between 9 and 11 am plus lunch and dinner. I have an afternoon coffee break with fruit. I track my food on MFP and keep CI<CO. I do about 60 minutes daily intentional exercise, usually in short bursts throughout the day. I’ve been maintaining for about 3 years.

☘️ Terri
    Pg 9
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Rebecca she could be like I was and is experiencing postpartum depression, or cold mother syndrome. She is rejecting the baby prior to birth. She has no idea. She and her husband need to get help. She is probably not even aware of this.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota