WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

My brain-train derailed. I have no idea what I was just going to write. Must be Monday. LOL

3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do... certainly am grateful for what it CAN do as there are too many things it can't do anymore.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... Happy, Happy Birthday!

Lanette ... I am another intermittent faster ... 19:5 is the minimum. When I am adhering to the IF lifestyle, I do best with 21:3. This puts me at essentially one "meal" a day and it works for me. I was never a breakfast eater, but I do get hungry around 2:00. If I can push to 3 or 4 then I snack while I'm preparing dinner (tasting my meal preparations as I go along) and eat with my family. Anything past 7:00pm sets me up for reflux. When I ensure that I am eating FOOD and not junk, I lose weight at a steady pace and feel wonderful. I think that will be my goal this month!

Katla ... I am so glad that some of your favorite things are back with you!

Beth near Buffalo
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    💕
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Carol - no genetic connection. DH was adopted. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lisa, wishing you a very happy birthday. How nice to spend it at home and not go out to dinner. Eating Corey's cooking sounds like a very good choice. <3

Betsy in NW WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Lisa! Celebrate in whatever way pleases you most.

KJ - good to see you posting.

We had snow last night but it is gone this morning. Critters are fed, dishes done, vacuum going and I am here with you ladies. Good morning so far.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Beth you’re just like me with your eating! Apple cider vinegar is known to help some people with acid reflux! Not enough evidence to prove this yet. One study suggests to do your own science experiment and try a little bit of it before bedtime. Make sure to drink water after taking it to cleanse your esophagus and teeth. When I take it before bed, I wait to brush my teeth until after I drink it.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Barbara— Bird feeders are purchased, but one item is necessary. I need to buy a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup so I can dissolve the sugar in hot water. Then I can start inviting hummingbirds to my windows. 🤞🏻. 💖

Beth— I am feeling better about the move from Oregon, and you’re right about the value of having favorite things. In my heart, I miss good friends and home. I wish I could use the Star Trek transporter to go back and forth whenever I want to go. Wishful thinking—❤️. Now I can see my grandchildren often. That is wonderful. ⭐️

Katla
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2023
    Options
    If you are going to take the apple cider vinegar, some people mix it with other things. But remember to be careful of this because some things are a base and will neutralize the acid benefits. Also, another hint is that mix it with warm water. Both my husband and I have found that when it is mixed with cold water, it’s harder to drink down fast. Room temperature, water or warm water it goes down very smoothly. Also, I slowly drink a little bit of water afterwards to rinse my mouth and esophagus. Acid can deteriorate the enamel of your teeth.
    It’s also best, if taken before a a high carb meal. On an empty stomach.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    I bought a book called Life Worth Living ,was recommended by Maria Schriver..started reading some of it..just the first couple chapters..very good so far.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,373 Member
    Options
    celebrated DEGSs birthday yesterday. Under calories, but a little high on carbs and sodium.

I had my Creative Writing this morning and Monday Painters after lunch, so will catch up with posts tomorrow.

Intentions for March:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end off the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today:
    📍Solid habits✔️
    📍general chores✔️
    📍Creative Writing ✔️
    📍Monday Painters ✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Lisa-Happy birthday. I think a nap is a wonderful present to yourself.

Interesting reading about bone broth. I use vital proteins. I also think keeping skin moisturized helps.

Wonderful walk after work. Just a bit over a mile. Didn't need a jacket for the first time. Opened front screen door and letting some air in.

Need to balance checkbook since credit union did a platform change this weekend and last Friday was pay day. Have a couple of bills to pay. That will end my productivity for the day.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio