WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,745 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im here at Tracy's and she is getting ready for work..
    Miles didn't sleep well so when she went to take Carmine to bus stop ,Miles walked over to me wanted me to pick him up and he laid his head on my shoulder and wanted to go to sleep..
    Tracy got back and said he didn't sleep well,so I see an early nap in his future.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,999 Member
    Options
    1b5tgidr2bi4.png
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options

Allie when I went on my cruise, I only went on one port tour. In Columbia I went to the aviary because I love watching birds. At other port stops I often stayed on the ship and enjoyed the less commotion and quieter times. I even went in the pool and hot tubs because they weren't crowded with so many people off the ship.

Katla I'm guessing the hummingbirds will find your feeders with no problem. I love to watch the hummingbirds at my feeders. It's often more entertaining than the television.

Mary How much pickle juice do you drink to prevent leg and foot cramps? I love bone broth and use it for the base of all my soups and enjoy drinking it instead of water during the day...AND know you will enjoy Florida...enjoy the beach for all of us.

Betsy in NW WA

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Terri, your painting is beautiful... Wow!

Betsy in NW WA
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Terri—Your painting is is lovely, and looks like the Santiam River in Oregon. My dad liked to fish there when I was growing up. ❤️

Katla, happily reminded of good times in my home state—
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,074 Member
    Options
    Terri what a pretty painting! I like the way the whitespace looks like fog. That must take a lot of planning!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Options
    ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Yes!
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Yes!
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. Yes! I can garden, which requires all sorts of body motion, and cycle.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yes! Ate my usual food and drank lots of water up till about 8 pm. We won't talk about what happened after that.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,745 Member
    Options
    Betsy- yes I love birdwatching too.will look for some birdwatching excursions ,yes less money I have to put out.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,139 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Betsy I drink 1/4 to 1/2 cup pickle juice it seems to work immediately for my husband and me. My husband will drink pickle juice in advance. If he is doing a lot of physical work that generally brings on cramping in his legs at night time. When did you start drinking the bone broth? Have you noticed the same results that I have? I was thinking last night of ways to make soups and different dishes out of it. I do notice that my beef bone broth is a little more thick. I think it has a lot more collagen than my chicken broth. Have you ever used chicken feet in your chicken broth? I don’t even know where I would begin to look for those little things!! I was thinking I could use it in a stir fry. I will definitely have a lot of fun in Florida! I will send everybody a little bit of sunshine! Thanks for the encouragement!

Terri I love your painting! You are very talented! Is that Hood River? Or a river that is close to you? I have a friend that lives in Hood river.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,277 Member
    Options
    Shout out thanks to Tracey for the mug decorating idea! I've just purchased 4 mugs and a set of ceramic paints to give as a joint present to the kids for Easter. They can leave them here and paint them when they come for their sleepover the following weekend. Hooray! Better than even more chocolate! :p
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
    Nice to see your very accomplished painting Terri! <3
  • Machka9
    edited April 2023
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    I also think keeping skin moisturized helps.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I never thought using lotion or whatever helped ... possibly partly because I can't stand it on my skin, so I wash it off about 10 or 15 minutes after putting it on.

But I started using a tiny dab of Vitamin E cream on the backs of my hands when Rhody was younger because his little claws were sharp and would catch my hands. And I would try to leave it on for a while.

Then the doctor who removed the skin cancer from my nose commented that the skin on my hands was so soft and asked if I used something. A. I keep hydrated. B. I was using a bit of Vit E cream. So the combination appeared to be working. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited April 2023
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    I did not accomplish my goals for March really. I had hoped to be lighter at the end of the month, but what I really wanted to do was lose the extra 7 pounds gained in February ... I only lost 1. April goals will to be lighter at the end of the month than I am today.

Beth near Buffalo

Beth - This has stayed with me since I read it eight pages ago. It stuck because you tried to diminish your stress by taking a page out of my playbook, having your goal as "Be lighter," for March. And you WERE lighter. But you feel you failed because what you "really wanted to do was lose the extra 7 pounds." And that, my dear is exactly why I yanked myself off of that hamster wheel of losing specific amounts. You achieved your goal, and you were lighter at the end than the beginning! But somehow, you've found a way to beat yourself up for not losing enough anyway.

Stop that.

OK, back down off my soapbox. I've just been thinking about that for days. Hope you take it as it's meant, out of love for you and a hope for less stress and more serenity.

Love,
    Lisa in AR

Also, losing 7 lbs in a month would be quite the feat! It can be done, but it requires a strict diet and quite a bit of exercise.

They recommend 1 lb a week so that's 4 lbs in March. I'm thrilled if I lose 0.5 lbs/week these days.

There's something to be said for keeping goals realistic. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Hooray! Finally up to date with reading posts.

I thought you Oregon ladies might like to see my latest painting of an Oregon river
    kj7e5kz8zm70.jpeg

☘️ Terri

Very nice. :)
  • Machka9
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Walking today ...

6p91rt0g48w5.png

Plus 15 flights of 20 stairs. Up and down.

Work - reading and webinars
    Rhody - we went for a walk after work as usual and the first half of that was all right. Then he wanted to be held and cuddle. I almost think he missed me today!
    Cycling Club - Zoom meeting for 2 hours this evening.
    Grocery Shopping - got it done during the Zoom meeting.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,605 Member
    Options