Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,173 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for no foolin’ starting us fresh every month.
    Two of my best jobs ever started on April Fool’s day, but then 13 was my family’s lucky number ;) For my goddaughter the Messianic, a batch of Passover chocolate chip cookies is chilling, almonds are toasted and the matzoh is waiting for the “roca”. Alas my energy just faded, not bouncing back as quickly and strongly as I’d like. Will probably nap a little after skimming here.
    Just saw tornado alert for Arkansas, praying Lisa and Corey are ok.
    Machka near eastern field archeologist. Would have done better if I’d found my computer skills and focused on lab work but alas, I flunked Fortran. No regrets, enjoyed my 30+ year career in ocean transportation, the latter half helping people make their computers do what they wanted them to.
    Kim ((hugs)) wish I could give you a break so you could at least sleep a little.
    Heather, sometimes our husbands are so boneheaded it’s a wonder they’ve survived. Your DH reminds me of the time Joe planned a road trip to Kentucky. Many conversations trying to adapt to his proposed schedule, with absolutely no room for compromise from his side. Finally after weeks of these exhausting exchanges, on the eve of his departure, I finally realized that I WAS NOT INVITED. We’d been married for over 15 years at that point and separate vacations were simply not in my worldview. I was so mad that the day he returned, all repentant and full of how he missed me, I left and drove myself north to Canada. Didn’t stay away overnight but it took a few days for me to cool down. As to the unacknowledged gift, while gifts are gifts and recipient can do with them what they want, it is inconsiderate to not acknowledge receipt. Rewarding such behavior with repeat donations gives no incentive to change. :devil: Around here we say if you don’t want the bears to come, stop feeding them ;)
    Tracey you’d be a great teen counselor, and I can’t think of anything we need more nowadays.
    Thanks Rita, ACTIVE APRIL is just what I need. And well done on your March successes!
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Average more than 7515 steps/day by the end of this month. Starting N O W.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    <3

Katla in Illinois
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Heather-glad you have some of it worked out of your system. As others have said-I believe they think if they invited your DH they invited you. That how it works in my world. Manners aren't what they once were. I'm almost never on FB and hate communicating through there.

Lisa-glad no damage from the tree limb. A person across the street from me had a branch come down with the wind today but no apparent damage.

Kylia-I do hope they get your health stuff sorted out. It is the not knowing that is the worst sometimes.

Kim-you are right, it will pass-but it is ok to vent-even healthy. Maybe you can do like on survivor and do a count down of days? They have apps on your phone of countdowns.

Rita-I agree with the good (what's the name of it?)-it is imperative we keep muscle and we can still gain some.

Barbie-I find that rather incredible your husband did that. I don't know if I would have come back!

Well, taxes are done, laundry washed, dried, folded and ironed. Heading down to treadmill then will make bed (bought new sheets today that fit depth of new mattress). Bought a new quilt while I was at it. Will do a bit more in room-spend about 15 minutes so far.

ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Have kept moving steadily throughout the day-multiple trips up and down steps. Wanted to walk outside today but don’t feel up to wind-so hitting treadmill in a few. I figure part of increasing my activity is slow progress increasing while working on foot rehab.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,719 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- *Lucy walked 1.15mi, then in the stroller she went.* 2hrs 5min 8sec, 69elev, 2.74ap, 86ahr, 107mhr, 6.22mi= 650c
    Strava app = 762c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 36.49min, 128elev, 79aw, 16.4amph, 122ahr, 152mhr, 10.08mi= 288c
    Zwift stats-36.40min, 129elev, 77aw, 55arpm, 16.53amph, 10.1mi= 166c

Total cal 938

Lucy walked a bit more today before putting her in the stroller.
    Our pace slowed down because we stalked by some garage sales. My sis invited us to go to a Easter brunch at her son in law’s parents home., should be fun.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,629 Member
    Options
    Terri Glad no hospital stay for now and a date for the procedure. That is the day of my MRI. Prayers! Enjoy your time with family.

Ginny The wind was wicked today!!!! We had to block one of the doors at the shop because the wind kept catching it and slamming it into the wall. On the way home a gust hit the side of the truck and caused me to cross the double yellow. Luckily there wasn't any oncoming traffic. Scared the .... out of me!

Rosemarie If you have an HOA then you should be able to notify them that you feel unsafe with the trees and that they need to have professionals come out to inspect them. Or contact your homeowners insurance and have an inspector come out if the HOA won't do anything. At least you would get peace of mind..

I work best in the early morning or late nights. I don't like the middle of the day. Overate at dinner! ugh! I had 3 chicken wings, about 2 oz bbq chicken, about 2 oz filet, 1/2 baked potato, house salad, and finished with chocolate mousse. I really shouldn't get so hungry before eating.

Watched a movie about organ donors- cried! Now watching Mecum with DH. Okay, I look up occasionally ;) I have a ton of work to do, but am just too tired to do tonight. First thing in morning will start again.

My DH got brownies for April fool's- They were literally brown colored "E"s! LOL!

<3
    Stay safe!
    Make the best choice you can!
    Enjoy life- we only have one!

Kylia being lazy in Ohio tonight
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- not till the end of August,so have awhile.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,629 Member
    Options
    Margaret Please keep the snow there! I realize we aren't out of "snow" yet, but I really need warm! Stay safe!

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Walked twice around the block today. It’s so nice out, I put on shorts. Am I ever itching to do some work outside. I see all the things that need to be done, but it’s too windy to do most of it. And Vince isn’t able to take the pool covers off. Maybe I’ll ask my neighbor to at least help me carry the cover up so it can get washed. I think we can do the rest.

It’s so nice out, that I think I’ll play mahjongg on the porch tonight. Oh. When I bought milk Wed. the jug tipped over in my trunk and made a tiny pinhole leak. Fortunately, I have a mat in the trunk so the milk didn’t get on the rug. Used Lysol on EVERYTHING. Washed all the bags that I used that day. Now hoping I got everything. I’ll probably go to WalMart tomorrow

Made a pork tenderloin in the IP the other day and today made cod and meatloaves to have next week and in the freezer. Also made chocolate chip cookies for Vince the other day. I didn’t realize that before we left for FL, I’d made brownies for him.

Allie – I’m so sorry that Carmine and Tobias (yes, that was the name) had a falling out. He was so good for Carmine.

When we first got to the condo, I walk around the parking lot 3 times, then 4, then 5, I started walking to the food store and found out it was 2 miles away, then I was walking around the parking lot 10 times. Yes, you start small and build up

Anne DE – we just got a new roof and the roofer told the insurance company there was “hale damage”. But in the end we only paid the deductible ($1,000). And we have a roof that I’m guessing would have cost $20-30,000. I know at the end of the day we’ll probably pay for it in our premium, but it wasn’t a big hit at one time. I think it sounds like a scam, too.

katla – maybe if you were able to purchase some yoga DVD’s that might help you. At least some variety. Very proud of you for starting

Tracey – I’m so sorry for you MIL

Rosemarie – 2 miles on the treadmill! WTG girl!

Karen – Unbelievable! They knew what they were getting into when the agreed to let you come there. What were they thinking? And not to tell you that you’d have a limited menu? Talk about poor business practices.

Looked in the mirror earlier and the stye is gone. Guess I can go back to eye makeup now.

The guy who is going to do the excavating came Fri, we gave him a deposit check (since our bank, for the first time ever, said that they’d mailed the check but really didn’t for about a week later so a lot of people didn’t get their checks). He’s supposed to be here Tues or Wed. I think they’re calling for rain Tues. Then again, this is only Saturday, we’ll know early Tues. morning what the weather will be like

Rosemarie – how very thoughtful of your neighbor!

I’m SOOO disappointed. For Christmas I gave Vince a gift of two tickets to the night race at Bristol including hotel. He’s always wanted to go, and, to be honest, I was kind-of looking forward to it. He said that it’s so expensive (the money would come out of my account) that we should go next year. Honestly, I don’t know what he’s been doing with my money.

Took a short walk with Vince after dinner. I honestly don’t think he’s formed a “habit” yet, but having me walk with him seems to make him want to do it. So I do. Actually, today was the long Gospel in church but I left early so that we could walk before it got dark out. To me, Vince is more important. God understands, I’m sure.

Kim – no need to be sorry for venting. We all have those times and it’s so good to have a place where we can vent. It’s good for the soul to get it out of your system.

Lanette – your pics of the chicks reminds me of the chicks I had when I was growing up. Nice memories

pip – enjoy the brunch

Just put the yogurt I made earlier in the refrig. to drain.

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1083 calories, Yay! And had a deficit of 359. Yay! I just finished my dumbbells, and the sciatica was a lot better tonight. I don't know why.

We had a nasty line of storms move through Delaware. We had some lightning and strong winds and there's more rain to come. Teddy was nervous at first, now he is just exhausted.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,719 Member
    Options
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate the warmth from sunshine
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week /15-(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day /30 (84%,86%,94%)
    Arm weights twice a week /10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 0/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 14/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)26/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 19/20-(100%,88%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 11/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700(100%,100%,100)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today.
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water.
    5. Tureen a regular activity into a playful game today.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita

Planning to get out in the garden shortly. :)

3kpdh9qeexvt.png