WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Machka- A few years back I was missing laughing. Like, gut busting laughter. Not the laughs I get daily from the little kids. So I looked up comedians on YouTube. There are so many good ones. Two of my favorites are Sarah Millican and Leanne Morgan. Hannah Gadsby makes me laugh, too. You should take a look. Just like having a good cry; it is necessary and it feels really good to laugh til you pee your pants. <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate everything Easter!
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 4/15 (100%,100%,80%
    Walk 7,000 every day 8/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 14/60
    Arm weights twice a week 2/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 4/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 22/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 8/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 14/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this a few time with friends!
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. HMMM TBD
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie Sansone’s Walk Away Hip and Thighs DVD. I tell you, I’m not used to this not working two days in a row!

Jess texted Vince that they were on their way so she should be here around 12.

Barbara – most of the pineapple casserole recipes I found contained cheese. To me, cheddar cheese and pineapple is just “weird”. But I did find one that doesn’t have cheese. It’s brown sugar, crushed pineapple, egg(s) (I don’t remember if it was one or more) and vanilla. Then you add cut up bread. I guess like a bread pudding only with pineapple. We shall see how it is!

MFP just made me log in a few times, but otherwise I haven’t had any problem (yet – I hope I didn’t just jinx it)

KJ – I don’t know if this will help you or not. Anyway, I don’t like when the tags on my shirts stick out. So what I do is I cut a SMALL piece of the stitch witchery then put that between the shirt and tag. Add steam and the tag sticks to the shirt. One thing I don’t like (but I sort-of can understand why people do this) is when you buy clothing at the Salvation Army, many times the tag is cut out. Well, if someone is in a nursing home, they usually have their name on the tag. When the clothes get donated, the tag (and name) is cut out. It’s just sometimes frustrating because you don’t know the size

Michele NC
    who probably should be getting dinner ready
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- A few years back I was missing laughing. Like, gut busting laughter. Not the laughs I get daily from the little kids. So I looked up comedians on YouTube. There are so many good ones. Two of my favorites are Sarah Millican and Leanne Morgan. Hannah Gadsby makes me laugh, too. You should take a look. Just like having a good cry; it is necessary and it feels really good to laugh til you pee your pants. <3

I don't think I have ever been much of a laugher.

I think I could probably count on one hand the number of times I have laughed like what you describe in my life and they are usually when I've been pretty tired. Thinking about it, I can only remember 3 times I laughed like that but there might have been a couple more.

I also remember those 3 times set off my exercise-induced asthma and I ended up coughing and coughing. I had to use my inhaler one time.

We watch lots of comedy sit-coms and some of the movie we watch are also comedies. My husband laughs and laughs at everything while I find it all pleasantly amusing.

M in Oz
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Michele your pineapple casserole sounds amazing! If you find the correct recipe as far as how many eggs, let me know! I won’t make it today, but maybe some other time it would be a great dessert!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Leslie Sansone’s Walk Away Hip and Thighs DVD. I tell you, I’m not used to this not working two days in a row!

Jess texted Vince that they were on their way so she should be here around 12.

Barbara – most of the pineapple casserole recipes I found contained cheese. To me, cheddar cheese and pineapple is just “weird”. But I did find one that doesn’t have cheese. It’s brown sugar, crushed pineapple, egg(s) (I don’t remember if it was one or more) and vanilla. Then you add cut up bread. I guess like a bread pudding only with pineapple. We shall see how it is!

MFP just made me log in a few times, but otherwise I haven’t had any problem (yet – I hope I didn’t just jinx it)

KJ – I don’t know if this will help you or not. Anyway, I don’t like when the tags on my shirts stick out. So what I do is I cut a SMALL piece of the stitch witchery then put that between the shirt and tag. Add steam and the tag sticks to the shirt. One thing I don’t like (but I sort-of can understand why people do this) is when you buy clothing at the Salvation Army, many times the tag is cut out. Well, if someone is in a nursing home, they usually have their name on the tag. When the clothes get donated, the tag (and name) is cut out. It’s just sometimes frustrating because you don’t know the size

Michele NC
    who probably should be getting dinner ready

None of my shirts have any tags unless they are the ones printed on them.
    I HATE tags, always have. I ruined so many shirts as a kid taking them out but cutting the shirt too.
    I am very sensitive when it comes to clothes.
    Most sweaters I wear a cotton shirt under.
    I had a robe that had monofiliment stitching in the seams as a kid- I wore it inside out.
    No lace touching me that is even remotely rough.
    I have a few sports bras that have a little piling on them on the inside so wear them inside out.
    Shirts and sports bras that have the printed tag, when it starts to wear a little and I can feel it, I iron it back down. Can't stand to feel any tags.
    I wear leggings but only the super soft type. I can't order clothes online because I have to feel them first.
    I feel first, then look to see the price and the style. Don't care if it is free, if it isn't soft, it will not be coming home with me.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

• dlfk202000
    Options
    Happy Easter ladies.
    Having my tea before heading for church.
    Dh is at his mom's. Son is sleeping. I will go by myself. I won't stay for all the activities the church has planned. - already have missed the first two which were the pancake breakfast and Sunday School. I will go a bit early to make sure I get my spot- They will have fried chicken potluck, early afternoon service instead of evening, then candy hunt for the kids.
    I will come home and make the cashew chicken. Got the meat marinating. Was able to get enough to make it twice so have a container with the chicken and marinade in the freezer and one for today.
    DH picked up frozen, breaded calamari and shrimp for me to cook in the air fryer.
    Pineapple angelfood cake baked. Just have to cut up the strawberries to go with it. Opened the wrong can of pineapple for the cake- calls for crushed and I opened the chunks so we can have that along with the strawberries and whipped cream with our cake.
    I need to start looking for angel food cake mix. That was my last one. So hard to find now and when I do it is 4 times more expensive than plain cake mix.

Really need dh to fix the c-moss battery on my computer. The time stays where it is when I turn it on unless I click on the time. I forgot to do that, glanced at the clock and thought I had a lot more time. Only have 15 min until I need to leave.

Have a great day ladies.
    Will check back in later this afternoon.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    update from Destiny's mom:

Update: she will be starting radiation on some spots that showed up on her last pet scan on Monday.. she still in a lot of pain. They are trying to control it with oral oxy and iv dilaudid. For us to go home we have to control her pain with only oral.. since we can’t take home the iv… the tentative discharge date is wed or Thursday..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Watched a couple of dog summit interviews. One yesterday and one today after singing at church. (We sang The Angels Rolled the Stone Away and Now Glad of Heart.) One of the interviews was on giving your dog raw bones. He talked about the importance of how it helps keep their teeth clean and good for their overall health. As an Easter present I gave DrewB a marrow bone.She loved it. The other talk was on seasons and how we and dogs are affected. She talked about being mindful as the seasons change. We are going through that right now. We are going to go from in the 30's to near 80 degrees in a week and a half. She said one of the best things is to keep a journal and write down if you notice how you and your dog are affected by what you eat. She talked about how the season's affect different organs. She talked alot about summer being the season of the the heart and finding foods that feed it. She said one of the best things is to eat what is in season locally and try to buy local when you can. I took a Qui class years ago and he said the same thing.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,719 Member
    Options
    UPDATED stats for the day-

Walk to Easter breakfast and back- 19.01min, .83mi= 76c
    Strava app= 102c
    Easter walk w/family- 2hrs 9min 15sec, 83elev, 2.75ap, 86ahr, 114mhr, 6.06mi= 577c
    Strava app= 743c
    Other - 1hr 11,im46sec, pressure wash front entryway and front and back patio, make new hummingbird food, = 329c

Total cal 982
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Carol, you have a nice looking son and grands!

Happy Easter to all,

Betsy in NW WA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,532 Member
    Options
    <3