WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate being able to have breakfast. So many can’t or don’t have food.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 4/15 (100%,100%,80%
    Walk 7,000 every day 6/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min -2x a day start April 1 12/60
    Arm weights twice a week 2/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 6/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 4/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 19/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)26/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 7/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 14/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can!
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    It looks like we are finally going to get a break in the rain- No rain expected the next 7 days.
    Had rain last night/early this morning
    I will get some prep done for tomorrow. Not a lot to do. Very thankful for my food processor. Makes cutting the veggies so quick. I can get the celery,carrots, onions and zucchini(if it is still good) all sliced in seconds with it. I will cut the asparagus. The baby corn, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts are in cans.
    Making Cashew Chicken for our Easter meal. The hardest part will be cubing up the chicken. I pulled it from the freezer Thursday, and it is still frozen. I need to get that in the marinade so it can sit overnight- the recipe says for an hour or something like that but I like it longer. I also put a ton of fresh ginger and garlic in it that the recipe doesn't call for along with the soy sauce, mirin , tapioca starch and a little sesame oil.
    It is not traditional Easter meal but if I can make one meal that everyone eats and will even eat left overs, that is what I will make.
    Also need to make the pineapple angel food cake. That is the easiest cake to make and soooo good.
    Just mix the angel food cake mix-just the dry part along with a can of crushed pineapple. Mix together and bake at 350 for about 30-35 min(depending on the pan. Have whipped cream and fresh pineapple and strawberries to top it.

Dh wanted to go shopping , make the rounds- told him no. We don't need anything. Trying to use more of what we have on hand. Didn't take anything out of the freezer to dump this week. Will have to make sure and get at least one shelf in it done. I want to totally defrost it.
    We will go to one store- get our weekend freebie and another bag of salad. I have eaten almost the whole 3lb bag this week. Really enjoying my version of chef salad.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    B)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Not much new or different here. OPENING up the windows to enjoy some of this amazing spring weather in MN!!!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh... THAT was easy, breakfast at the Legion with old friends is always good for a laugh or EIGHT!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Saw photos on FB, middle son, DIL, Athena and DIL's friend and her son at an aquarium in Vancouver. It was only when I saw a bag in a photo son send on Messenger that said CANADA, that I realized they were in Vancouver BC. So I know its not directly near us, but if I hadn't seen the bag, I doubt my son or Daughter in Law would've mentioned that tidbit. They rented a 3 bedroom house, a B & B, bit he never mentioned how long they've rented it for. Possibly going to meet up with them as they travel back home. I'm a bit bummed as they didn't include us in anything. But maybe it was planned by the DIL and her friend so yeah inviting your mother in law is kinda last on the list of to dos.😜
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Made the pineapple casserole, just have to assemble it tomorrow. Made the brownies and cut them up, in the freezer until tomorrow. Got the ham assembled and covered. Will need to make the mac & cheese tomorrow. Going to get dinner ready now.

Michele NC
    can you tell that I'm in the kitchen a lot today?
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options

8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. Shared this on FB, wishing you all a Happy Easter a day early. https://youtu.be/Gh64JsqBidw
    Back to PT for the first time since Tuesday. Felt good.

Welcome @Graceiouson_One Grace in London!
    Tracey prayers for your niece, that the neurologist appointment is soon and effective. Whooshing hopes for an improvement in your work situation.
    Barbie count me in with the keep phone on silent. My friends know I’ll respond to their texts, voicemails, within a day. My work life was dominated by the culture of Pick that phone up before the third ring. It was bad enough at my desk, I couldn’t tolerate it on my personal cell.
    Machka your Laundry elapsed time list made me snort my tea :laugh: :love: the cosmos.
    Annie would your father be willing to chat with his priest/pastor/minister? Maybe this fasting incident could open the door to greater understanding of the other issues. Well done for keeping him safe.
    Heather yours to Rita, Lisa, yourself et al. Makes me so very very thankful that Mama and Papa adopted me.

Only through pg 23 but time to get ready for dog group.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up with reading the posts! Too much to comment on but my thoughts are there for all of you.

Wishing all a happy Easter weekend. Really enjoyed reading about all the plans and know you will be enjoying good food.

Cold and rainy in our part of Georgia today after having to turn all the overhead fans on earlier in the week!

Carol
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    DH typing out the three new clues for the final, garden, part of the Egg Hunt. What a star! <3
    Mostly ready for tomorrow. Cheat's aioli to make, and puffy pittas and Icelandic preserved lamb, to get out of the freezer. I hope the kids will eat some of it.
    Hmm. Should I get out the gluten free frankfurters?

Hope I sleep tonight. Legs aching.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I’m reading a book that I am enjoying very much, Virgin River, by Robyn Carr. I’m not quite half way along.
    <3 I have read this book a couple of years ago and am enjoying it again. The sequel will also be a good read.

Happy Easter Sunday—
    (tomorrow in my time zone)

Katla in Illinois
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    pip - In high school friends and I camped and sailed on Lake Don Pedro.... great memories.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Machka thanks for the feedback on tinnitus. I have a friend that has a lot of trouble with it and he also gets vertigo along with it at times. I think along with my using ear plugs I think I started getting bouts of both tinnitus and vertigo when we crossed the mountain on our trips to and from San Diego. I still notice it a little now after we went over the mountains to get here. I think from my ear drums popping from the pressure.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota