WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,968 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate first responders.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 4/15 (100%,100%,80%
    Walk 7,000 every day 8/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 14/60
    Arm weights twice a week 2/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 9/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 4/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 22/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 8/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 14/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time.
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, my Sunday walking friend flew to England last night for a vacation. She has rented an apartment in Manningtree in Essex near a bus line so she can travel to other towns. When we walked yesterday morning she told me that getting from the airport to where she is going will be an extra challenge for her because of the holiday. So there is someone else who shares your frustration with the bank holiday.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    My DH has a new iphone on its way! Thanks to our son & daughter for coaching me through the purchase process. 😊

Katla in Illinois
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    👍🏻
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,367 Member
    Options
    Just ordered 10 greetings cards with my flowers on. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Last day of spring vacation for my daycare girl. Waiting for her to come in. Her mom was happy to have one more day to sleep in.
    The weather is amazing already. Ezie and I will plant a few more things in the green house, recolor the sidewalk where the rain smudged our drawings last week. I want to get more yard work done too.
    Low 70's today- was forecast to be 81 when I looked last week. 72 is ok.

Lunch/dinner went well yesterday. Everyone liked the cashew chicken, even with me forgetting to put the cashews in it when we first tried it. MIL actually told dh it was "very good Easter dinner and dessert"- I was shocked!!! Because dinner was so low cal. I had a second helping of dessert- pretty low cal too. Pineapple angel food cake with strawberries/pineapple and whipped cream on top.

Have Zumba tonight and tomorrow I can start walking the wetlands again. Next week should be back to my normal-four walks there, two nights of zumba and then may add in another walk or two with one of my friends. Will wait and see. This week will be almost back to normal. Just no walk there today.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise-practice new line dance whie putting laundry away.
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement – resume FreeCell/Spider fast ;)

Kelly sounds like that sleep rX is good for you both :naughty:
    Michele I’m with you about cheddar cheese and pineapple :sick: Now if it had been cream cheese… ;)
    Carol, Heather, Mary, pip, Allie love those pics, Margaret :love: those flowers.

Whoops, time to scoot to line dance class.
    04/09: Move: Jeopardy walking. steps:8435
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+10 =apple, banana, beans-cannelini, bell peppers-orange, cabbage, caramel corn, carrots, cucumber, daikon, garlic, horseradish, onion, pineapple, potatoes-boiled/hash browns, snap peas, tea, walnuts, wheat-cake/pasta. CI =1696 :sick:
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Wt:136.5

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Mary you look amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Have been intrigued by bone broth when I first read about it on here a few pages back. Going to get into this when I get back from my holiday. I have hashimoto's disease and take synthroid to try and restore the normal function of my thyroid gland. Have been reading that bone broth can actually help with this autoimmune disorder. Never was aware of that. Was diagnosed and put on synthroid over 50 years ago.

I think it will be a healthy addition to my diet.

Easter was hectic but so good to visit with family. Snow is slowly going and envious of those who are able to get into gardening/flowers. Looking forward to that.

Enjoy the sunshine for those who have it.

Joy
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I stayed up late last night reading, and I’m enjoying my current library book. I’ve just passed the halfway mark and there is plenty more to read. 😊

Katla
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Joy Thanks! If you try the bone broth and it helps with your autoimmune disease let me know because my daughter in law has one too.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    Got the cover off the pool thanks to Jess and Colby. Getting it off is the hard part since it’s full of water. They powerwashed one side, then we came in for dinner, washed the other side, came in to have dessert, they left and Vince and I rolled it up and put it away

Lectored at the church yesterday. Vince wasn’t so thrilled that I needed to be there earlier. Well, for one thing, I wanted to be sure I got a seat sort-of up front. Also, there was one reading that had two possibilities, so I needed to find out which one I was to do. Also, I didn’t know if I needed to do the prayers or not (I suspected I didn’t, but wasn’t sure). There were a few other things we needed to clear up.

I thought Colby liked the pineapple casserole so I gave them some to take home. Vince says he didn’t really and was just being nice. I’ll ask Jess As predicted, Jess didn’t bring the ceramic Tigger. I wonder if she’s lost it????

Worked, then senior bowling. Ceramics tonight

mary – personally, I thought the pineapple casserole was very good. It was 1/2 cup butter, softened ¾ cup brown sugar, 4 eggs, 1/2tsp vanilla, 20oz can crushed pineapple drained, 8 slices white bread. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x12 dish. Mix butter, brown sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla Drain pineapple (I baked the ham in the juice). Add to egg mixture. Cut bread (with or without crusts) into ½ x ½ cubes. fold bread into egg mixture. Pour into pan. Bake uncovered for 45-50 min

Allie – I’ve always been the same way “don’t go empty handed” I’m hoping the kids picked this up. I doubt Denise did, tho

Debbie – oh, I do so hope Destiny can go home!

Since the kids didn’t have school today, some of the kids from the youth bowling league subbed. Boy, this “senior” bowling is really loose on the requirements….lol

I really think that the excavating work is turning out to be more work than the guy who gave me the estimate anticipated. He came here for about 10 minutes on Tuesday and talked to the guy using the skid steer as to what needed to be done. Then the guy with the skid steer came here around noon on Wed. When I looked, it was still too steep. After he’d redone it, Vince said it was OK. To me, it’s still too steep, He needs dirt/topsoil on the slope on the one side, plant grass, put in the flowers and the border. Yet, I keep getting invoices which don’t reflect the deposit. It’s just frustrating. Hope I don’t have to wait all summer

Better get dinner ready then ceramics

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    DH excelled himself today. He is in his Russian Expessionist/Abstract period. :D
    t4xi6tdytyzr.jpg
    I really love it. ❤️
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx

So do I!

I also love your recent flower painting; definitely note card material.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    Mary—I’m very impressed by your bone broth. The difference is remarkable. Do you make it yourself or buy it? I’d like to give it a try.

Katla in Illinois

I make it myself. I would speculate that the ones that they sell at the store liquid and especially the powder are diluted and have other additives.
    https://hormonesbalance.com/articles/ways-to-make-bone-broth-healthier/

https://scratchmommy.com/how-to-make-beef-broth/
    I noticed on one of the sites where they had information, it said that you only need to simmer your chicken bone broth for 24 hours. However, when I did it for that length of time, it was not as thick. I do mine for 48- 72 hours and it turns out very gelatin in form. I buy a five dollar chicken from Costco. That way I get 3 pounds of very tasty chicken and 8 to 10 cups of bone broth. I mentioned before that I use the skin connective tissue and all the bones. I filled with water to about 1 inch above the bones add approximately 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, be careful when simmering overnight not to have anything that could accidentally blow onto your stove top. The articles have to tell you not to do it overnight so that they are not liable for fires!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Mary, do you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker?

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,727 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    yx250pdlhs9m.jpeg

Just to show the skeptics, I went back to our room and I am squeezing my breasts together as tight as possible and my shoulders are rounded. You can see that there is a little bit of skin scrunch but, You can also see how amazing the bone broth worked! Also take a look at my arms and hands closely! I started on March 16. I would say my crepey skin is 90% gone!! If you don’t believe me that’s your loss.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Nice smooth chest you got there
  • pipcd34
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Mary ... you are evidently experiencing great results with the bone broth! You do not have to convince me or anyone else for that matter. As Bert Herring, the author of Fast-5 has stated, "it's a study of one." If it works for you, then it's a good thing. And I always appreciate when someone shares what is working for them!

Beth

Well said
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 2min 47sec, 25elev, 2.89ap, 83ahr, 118mhr, 6.19mi= 567c
    Strava app- 759c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 24min 29sec, 817elev, 110aw, 17.8amph, 110ahr, 131mhr, 25.07mi= 494c
    Strava app= 533c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 24min 30sec, 818elev, 110aw, 49arpm, 17.82amph, 25.1mi= 533c

Total cal 1061