• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    ?? about making bone broth-
    I see you use apple cider vinegar.
    Does it have to be that type?
    I have all kinds of vinegar(rice, red wine, white) but not apple cider.

I researched it and it does not have to be apple cider vinegar, you can use any acidic liquid, including other vinegars, wine or even lemon juice. At least a quarter cup.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Those bulbs are so beautiful Heather.

It seems we've bypassed spring entirely and gone fullblown straight into summer here in MN. It's supposed to be near 80F here today and most of the week. (then of course plummet back to the 50s and rain by the weekend when we all want to be outside again... lol)

I'm SO SAD... had to take my beloved laptop in to be "fixed" and cleaned from some "screaming-meenies" that have infiltrated and won't let me download anything without freezing the entire device. That won't work with me needing to DL everything from my designers in order to share things on FB and elsewhere.

Thanks for the HAPPY-DANCE, Lanette!

11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge... doing the Don Fiori tai chi that "someone" (sorry...who?) reccommended earlier. Thank You, he's wonderful.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,548 Member
    Options
    B)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate meditation to reduce stress.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 5/15 (100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 9/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 18/60
    Arm weights twice a week 2/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 10/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 4/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 23/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 10/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 14/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time.
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,822 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- ive gotten those feelings alot too..people know im on my own and that I like to get involved when there are things to do ,or go places..but most of the time im not invited and it hurts...
    I got over it though..
    Tom had Alfie over for doggie daycare while i was watching Miles today.
    Poor Homer is walking into walls his eyesight is shot and think the doggy dementia is getting worse.
    But he sure was happy to see me and i picked him up and he licked me,even Tom doesn't get that lol.
    Seth came down on the moped ,but Carmine has therapy today so he will have to come back..
    From what Tracy says Carmine is head over heels.. ahhh first love..94d07v3eiy8o.jpg
    o9bd1fkdhzk1.jpg
    Little boy roughing it this morning.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Just worked today, but I don’t tomorrow!!! So that means I can get to the gym. I’m planning to do a 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill. Then I have a dentist appt at 11. There wasn’t much prep that needed to be done.

Understand that they got a 92 on the health inspection. That is NOT good, not at all.

Went to Hamrick’s since they have pants on sale, but they didn’t have the color I wanted in my size. So stopped at Gabe’s since it’s right next door. Nothing. BUT….stopped at Ollies and got some chlorinating solution. I remember they’d had it a while ago so thought I’d stop in to see and, sure enough, they had it so I got a case. Now home in a few will start to take the leaves out of the pool. We need to go to the open house at ceramics tonight. No painting, but she wants to have a good turn out. I hate to say it, but I hope not too many people are interested! Better for us. I need a white pocketbook but all that I could find was gray. Guess I have to wait until later in the summer

Mary – good luck with the casserole. Let me know how it turns out

Tracey – no, we don’t have a written contract. We didn’t with the other landscaper. He was so very good about the drain in the backyard, that’s what has me puzzled.

Rori – thanks for sharing that video. Boy, are they flexible!

Anne – yea for rolled pants!

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    ?? about making bone broth-
    I see you use apple cider vinegar.
    Does it have to be that type?
    I have all kinds of vinegar(rice, red wine, white) but not apple cider.

I researched it and it does not have to be apple cider vinegar, you can use any acidic liquid, including other vinegars, wine or even lemon juice. At least a quarter cup.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

thank you