WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I went shopping & had lunch with friends. I checked in with DH as soon as I got home. He is resting. 😊

Katla in Illinois
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 52min 32sec, 63elev, 2.92ap, 90ahr, 123mhr, 6.08mi= 620c
    Strava app= 683c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 35.31min, 387elev, 107aw, 34gear, 17amph, 101ahr, 116mhr, 10.07mi= 196c
    Strava app= 219c
    Zwift stats- 35.36min, 390elev, 48arpm, 107aw, 17.02amph, 10.1mi=219c

Total cal 816
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I loved feeding hummingbirds at our home in St. Helens, Oregon, for many years. I have missed them since our move to Illinois. Today I put a filled hummingbird feeder on my window. I hope that local hummingbirds will find it. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I am able to watch them in the near future. 🤞🏻 🤞🏻 🤞🏻

Katla in Illinois

I really love seeing the humming birds. I hope they find your feeder soon so you can enjoy them.
    I had one drinking out of my solar fountain yesterday while I was working in my green house.
    I also saw three today while walking the wetlands. There is one that is in the same spot every day I walk out there. Just sits and looks right at me. No mater what time I go he is there. Usually I go around 12:30, on Wed, it is 11:30, the other night I was there at 5:30PM and he was there.

I need to make up some humming bird food for my house and get the feeder filled and remember to fill up the fountain. It went down almost 5 inches just since yesterday.

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Rosemarie - I hear your grief. Your loss is very recent and you spent so long caring for your dear husband. The hole in your life that he left behind must be huge.
    Sons are not always the best people to turn to for the support you need. He is grieving in his own way and probably has no idea what to say to you. My son avoids any 'feelings' talk with me, and he is married to a psychologist! :)
    I'm glad you have found a counsellor, they can be very helpful. There is a lot more openesss about grief and mourning these days than there used to be, thanks to the Internet. I have listened to a few podcasts because I have been helping my friend L through the loss of her husband. There are two young women doing one called 'Good Mourning', which I have found helpful. The age difference and their different circumstances means it is not directly applicable, but the feelings are relatable to. There are other podcasts, so it might be worth googling and trying a few. Books are good, as you have found, (I'm a grest fan of books) and there are a lot out there now. There are also online groups.
    Or you might just want to spend time in your grief, by yourself, talking to your husband. Only you know what helps you. <3 I just wanted you to know that I hear you and sympathise. From all my readings and research I just know that everyone grieves in their own way, there is no right way, and it's all OK.
    Sending love from across the pond.
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Speaking as the child in the story, since I have not given birth to a child ...

Once children become adults, they have their own lives. They need to be able to spread their wings and do their own things.

I was fortunate to have parents who encouraged me to do that and who had their own lives too.

That's probably how my immediate family lives in 3 different countries now, all of us doing our own thing. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie - I hear your grief. Your loss is very recent and you spent so long caring for your dear husband. The hole in your life that he left behind must be huge.
    Sons are not always the best people to turn to for the support you need. He is grieving in his own way and probably has no idea what to say to you. My son avoids any 'feelings' talk with me, and he is married to a psychologist! :)
    I'm glad you have found a counsellor, they can be very helpful. There is a lot more openesss about grief and mourning these days than there used to be, thanks to the Internet. I have listened to a few podcasts because I have been helping my friend L through the loss of her husband. There are two young women doing one called 'Good Mourning', which I have found helpful. The age difference and their different circumstances means it is not directly applicable, but the feelings are relatable to. There are other podcasts, so it might be worth googling and trying a few. Books are good, as you have found, (I'm a grest fan of books) and there are a lot out there now. There are also online groups.
    Or you might just want to spend time in your grief, by yourself, talking to your husband. Only you know what helps you. <3 I just wanted you to know that I hear you and sympathise. From all my readings and research I just know that everyone grieves in their own way, there is no right way, and it's all OK.
    Sending love from across the pond.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Well said!

Also, when my husband had his accident, I went through a grieving process and tried to talk to various people with no success until I found a neuropsychologist who understood.

M in Oz