WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• westparktallaght
    westparktallaght Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all, started health eating on Monday. Weighed in 13:13, hopeing to get to 12 stone in the coming weeks. From Dublin Ireland age 53😊
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,375 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    We are very proud of ourselves for getting to the French Circle, despite the howling wind and the sideways torrential rain. :o We did splash out on an Uber, but got the bus back as it was just spitting by then.
    Because the speaker was French, we didn't understand everything she was saying, but got enough to make sense of it. Lots of slides. The history of Haute Couture, from the beginning, with emphasis on Chanel and YSL. The woman we had chatted to before was there and we rode back on the bus together, swapping details of our lives. So, a warm glow of accomplishment. The audience was predictably thin! :D
    We didn't eat out beforehand this time because we are planning to take the kids out for pizza on Saturday. It gets very expensive! I made a gorgeous pizza at home, which we shared. It's a frozen wholemeal dough.

We are planning another painting afternoon tomorrow. DH has some great sketches. I have no idea what to paint, but I might have another go at a sub Karen's brother. :p

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Rebecca--HUGS! Sometimes we just have to feel.
    Tracey--Good Luck with the job hunt. I keep telling myself at my age (66) it would be hard to find something that pays what I make now and who would hire me when I could retire anytime. Just I want to be out of debt for the most part and want to say I have been at the hospital 40 years.
    Going to be another warm day. I did stop at the gym on my way out after work. Plan is to do that today. Baby steps.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Vicki ... how much longer to reach 40 years and get out of debt?

Beth
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Rebecca - I love the term sneaker wave!!!

My sisters and I made that up after our Mom passed. It felt like it, from the gasping, to the drowning, to feeling like you're being dragged out to sea. 💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,222 Member
    Options
    My husband received a very generous job offer this morning from a company he is not sure he wants to work for. The hiring process has been a mess, and if that's an indication of the company . . . Still, I am hopeful he takes it. It is 100% remote and starts Monday. Having him unemployed has been stressful.

Hugs to you, Rebecca. My feelings are often hurt by people, as well.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

Fortunately the hiring process is not necessarily an indication of the whole company, especially if it is a big company. Each department could be quite different from the others.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,444 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka: It is just MFP! Everything else is running fine. Both app and website on my phone and tablet.

☘️ Terri

You've got a Mac? Apple products?
    It’s seems to have been sorted out now.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,444 Member
    Options
    Washed my car ready for its MOT tomorrow. I have flower arranging after lunch, then DH is going to take my car to the testing centre while I get dinner ready.

Intentions for April:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end of the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today:
    📍Solid habits✔️
    📍general chores✔️
    📍weekly grocery shopping ✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Rebecca--HUGS! Sometimes we just have to feel.
    Tracey--Good Luck with the job hunt. I keep telling myself at my age (66) it would be hard to find something that pays what I make now and who would hire me when I could retire anytime. Just I want to be out of debt for the most part and want to say I have been at the hospital 40 years.
    Going to be another warm day. I did stop at the gym on my way out after work. Plan is to do that today. Baby steps.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Guess what I got in the mail today! Thanks so much for your donation!!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- approx 2hrs, 48elev, 6.09ap, 96ahr, 129mhr, 6.09mi= 592c
    Strava app= 708c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 52.06min, 407elev, 34gear, 110aw, 17.3amph, 105ahr, 131mhr, 15.04mi= 275c
    Strava app= 325c
    Zwift stats- 52min, 407elev, 109aw, 49arpm, 17.31amph, 15mi= 326c

Total cal 681
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,123 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1083 calories Yay! And I did twenty minutes on the bike, and an hour of yoga, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking Yay! For a deficit of 498 Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Darn it, my youngest sailor sons really important letter was returned to me! It said undeliverable. So because its changing home port? This has never happened before. I have left messages on emails of Chaplain, and Ombudsman. Hopefully I will figure out what's up.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Oh, Rebecca! I'm so sorry. That's so disappointing. I hope you get an answer soon.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,897 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Rosemarie,

Your son’s response to your grief was so disappointing. I’m so sorry. There are lots of good listeners here. <3

Karen in VIrginia