WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim,

Your mom has decided to go home.

Enable her success to the best of your ability, then take her home.

Does she have a 911 pendant with GPS in case she falls again?

Love, Karen
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,004 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Just a quick update - PT has told her in no uncertain terms she can not go home at this time without help. So if she demands to go home they will call senior services and get professional help to keep her safe. She backed off in front of PT at least, and I went out to work in the yard.

thanks for all the support!
    Kim

:) That's great news
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update - PT has told her in no uncertain terms she can not go home at this time without help. So if she demands to go home they will call senior services and get professional help to keep her safe. She backed off in front of PT at least, and I went out to work in the yard.

thanks for all the support!
    Kim

I am glad you have PT on your side. You can use all the back up you can when it comes to your mom.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,833 Member
    Options
    Kim- Bless you.. totally understand..they think they can do what they want when they want.. but alas,no can do... you are a good daughter and it will work out in the end.. xoxo
    Im going to sleep.. Carmine went to Seths this afternoon to ride quads.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,747 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 54min 53sec, 25elev, 3.07ap, 90ahr, 125mhr, 6.05mi= 558c
    Strava app= 742c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 36.31min, 40gear, 433elev, 125aw, 17.3amph, 105ahr, 134mhr, 10.58mi= 219c
    Strava app= 261c
    Zwift stats- 36.33min, 434elev, 125aw, 49arpm, 17.40amph, 10.6mi= 262c
    Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 20min 11sec, make hummingbird food, change bedsheets and duvet cover, laundry fold and put away, repack Bette for trip, wipe down blinds with furniture polish, etc= 655c

Total cal 1432
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did the 20-40-60 workout on Wednesday. Soup kitchen tomorrow after work

Started opening the pool. Got most of the leaves out, got the wasp and hornet traps out, I poured 3 bags of salt (each is 40lbs) in the pool, got some of the ceramics out, cleaned all the tile (the wall between the spa and pool can be challenging) installed the new pool railings. See, when the pool was built they put in stainless steel railings. Do you know how hot stainless steel gets in July and August when the pool is in direct sunlight for 12 hours/day? We had covers, but you could feel the heat even thru the covers. This place in FL makes railings that are not supposed to get hot. Oh, I bet they get at least warm, but not to the point where you burn your hands. I’m thinking that maybe we should also use the covers mainly for traction. I’d thought these were textured, but they aren’t.

Rebecca “we only hurt the ones we love”...how true! (((HUGS))). I totally understand. It’s been years since I’ve spoken to my son. I’m so sorry your letter was returned to you.

Ordered pants on Amazon, now have to return one pair. I just wasn’t sure which size would fit better. Now I’d gotten 10’s and they were way to big. The ones from Amazon, the 10 fits me well. Go figure!

At BK they’re starting this “labor is down” crap. The one manager asked me twice what I needed to do. The second time just the pickles and cleanup. She did it for me. Really, it didn’t save that much time. I do need to see if they really got a 92 on the health inspection. She said that the inspector doesn’t have to come back. I’d always thought that with such a low score, they gave you time to remedy things and they come back to reinspect. Maybe I’m wrong.

Regarding MFP – lately it seems that whenever I log in to use the “food” tab, it always locks up. I have to restart MFP and then it’s fine. Just a hassle

Was supposed to go to the dentist Wed. but his office called at the last minute. He had an emergency and wasn’t in the office so now I go next Tuesday

Rosemarie – I’m glad you weren’t alone for Easter. Sounds like a nice day you had

Deb and Rosemarie – Vince only goes to church on Christmas and Easter more to make me happy than anything else.

Mary – I got ANOTHER invoice from the landscaper so I texted back that I continue to get these invoices that don’t reflect the amount I already paid and asked when he was going to complete the work. Haven’t heard back. On the bright side...the check hasn’t been cashed. If he didn’t need it, why did he ask for it?

The drain overflowed at work today. I told Jerry, and he said that the drain is clogged and that he was going to get something. Came back with nothing and said “well, it stopped” (yea, because less water was running out of the sink). Hope it doesn’t happen Sat. when he’s not there. If so, I guess I’m just going to be in water!

Tracey – hope you get one of the jobs

Was able to get a walk in yesterday and today. Yesterday Vince was too tired to go, so I went. Today he went with me, but I continued around the block

Vince took Loki to the vet today for routine blood work. Seems our vet is going to retire, they’ve hired another vet and asked him to stay just until she gets settled. We’ll probably change to another one of the vets. We understand this new vet is in her 40’s so she’s probably been practicing for a while. But we’ll probably go to another one of the vets

Flea – good thoughts being sent to your hubby. I know he’ll make the right decision

Nice and warm today. But it’s supposed to rain tomorrow and get colder. Yuk!

Patty and westpark – welcome! This is a great group of gals

Allie – thanks for the pics of Miles. Love them all. Hope he isn’t sick

Jess adopted a dog. He’s older and she says that he isn’t rambunctious

4hms – welcome. We are a very supportive bunch

barbie – I agree with Beth, your posts are very insightful

sirenofthesea – wb

Kim – wonderful that PT told your mom she can’t go home. You are a great daughter, even if she doesn’t think so

Michele NC
    who is going to watch some TV then get to bed.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,241 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    10 Things About Me ... updated a bit.

1. Age: I'm in my mid-50s.
    2. Live: I live in Tasmania, Australia. But I was born in Canada, so I am a Canadian-Australian.
    3. Work: Still working almost full-time, in a data/accounting combination.
    4. Family: I'm a carer for my husband. His/our son, daughter-in-law, new grand-daughter and sister are nearby and we see them from time to time. The rest of our families are distant either physically (different countries) or emotionally.
    5. Sports: My favourite sport is cycling, but I like being active in general ... walking, rowing, running, hiking, weights, Pilates, etc.
    6. Hobbies: Colouring, Gardening, Reading
    7. Season: My favourite season is summer. I love Christmas too ... fortunately it is in the summer here.
    8. Movie: The movie I have seen most often is likely Princess Bride, although, I have seen a lot of Christmas movies many times.
    9. Pet: A lovely black male cat called Rhody
    10. Food: My favourite type of food is Mexican, with Indian a close second.

Machka in Oz
    Hi Gals,
    Macka I am stealing this…. And tweaking it a little And here it is about me….
    10 Things About Me

1. Age: I'm in my mid-60s
    2. Live: I live in California, USA
    3. Work: Still working full-time + I own a machine embroidery business based out of my home.
    4. Family: single, I have a nephew, 2 god kids, a 94 year old mom who is temporarily living with me recovering from a broken hip
    5. Sports/activities: I like to walk, garden and swim
    6. Hobbies: cooking, entertaining, Gardening, Reading
    7. Season: My favorite season is winter
    8. Pet: a 10 year old springer spaniel named Levi
    9. Favorite Holiday: is christmas
    10. Food: My favorite type of food is Mexican

Kim in N. California

I'm glad you did "steal" it and fill it in ... I hope lots of others will too. :)

Ah good, I see several have. :)

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,747 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,833 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Tracy went to work early..I haven't told her yet that I am flying down a day early but i will...
    Kyle taking a 1/2 day so he will come home and relax in the sun..
    High 90 here today..
    Today they are having a mass for my friend Mary that passed about a month ago in Florida ,at 10 am.. I contacted her friend and told her i couldn't make it because i am watching Miles.. I would be there otherwise.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Well my dad made a lunch date, so it will be tricky timing to get him to a doctor. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Stubborn *kitten* parents.

Annie in Delaware