WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,378 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Waitrose emailed me to say they couldn't supply the PG Tips we ordered and have substituted another brand. Well, we only did the order to get that brand on offer, 4 big boxes, so I will send the substitutes back when the delivery arrives.
    Amazon have recently only had them at a much higher price, but I went back to have another look and found them at the same reduced price as Waitrose were offering. Result! They will arrive tomorrow. :D

Duolingo defeated me this morning. I only do the free version and I ran out of chances. I tried about 5 times and had to keep starting again. Boo!

Raining again, so I think I will stay in. I have enough BP pills until Monday. You never know, I might win the lottery this weekend and not have to sell my necklace. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Annie Given what you said I would put a tracker in something you know he always wears. He is getting to the point where you make the decision for this type of thing not him. You can still give him choices over other things that do not concern his safety. You like Kim are having to become the parent to a parent. Triple hugs.

If he questions you about the tracker you could tell him the doctor prescribed it. This is what worked on my dad and his driving. We told him the doctor told us he could no longer drive.
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    (((Kim)))— You are a fabulous daughter. You are a hero. Your mom is safe in your care but she is not currently mentally able to make good decisions. I hope there is support for her care in your home so that you can operate your business, ❤️

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3

Katla
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,241 Member
    Options
    ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Yes!
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Yes!
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. Yes! I can garden, which requires all sorts of body motion, and cycle.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yes! Ate my usual food and drank lots of water up till about 8 pm. We won't talk about what happened after that.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Hmmm ... Walking around the shops? Climbing stairs?
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. Achy.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening.
    There isn't much light early in the day here. Plus I was sleeping then. Plus it was cloudy, drizzly and rainy all day.
    But I do dim the lights in the evening. It's one of many steps I take to wind down in the evenings to prepare myself for the night.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    I rarely laugh. Most things don't strike me funny.
    Lots of things amuse me, but not enough for laughter.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    I often do, but as today's work involved sitting at 2 computers, I walked on the treadmill during a break instead.
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    Unfortunately, today was another day sitting at 2 computers.
    But I did go downstairs to row and lift weights.
    Hoping the rain will let up soon!!! It's been 4 days already!
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    One of my more favourite areas!! :)
    We aim to cycle at least one 50 km ride each month and have been doing that for a while. :) At our AGM at the end of March, we got a bag full of these each. :)
    c9d65r471d9g.png
    We will have to see when we can fit our April ride in ... the 5 days off over Easter would have been good but it rained and rained and was cold and windy. Snow at higher elevations.
    Maybe next weekend ... we'll see.
    AND ... one of the bigger running events moved their event to September which is fantastic for me. Originally, it was this month, but I was nowhere near ready to even sign up for the 5K. Now I've got the winter to get in shape. :)
    Also, now that I'm working back in the same building I was in about 16 months ago, with many of the same people, we've started our stair climbing challenge again. We are easing into it this month because of Easter and ANZAC Day but we'll be ready to be much more consistent in May.
    The stair climbing challenge is exciting because when I'm busy climbing 20+ flights of 20 stairs each day I am at work, I lose weight.

12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside

Absolutely! I climbed stairs. :)

13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time

I do when I have to work the next day ... make sure I get at least 7 hours of sleep.

But I am not keen on that. I'm a night owl and like to get things done late at night. Having to be in bed by 11:45 pm is a bit uncomfortably early.

14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.

Gardening ... will gardening do?

15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    33. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    34. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    35. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    36. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    37. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    38. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    39. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    40. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    41. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    42. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,241 Member
    Options
    Friday -- one of my regular every-other-Fridays off. I highly recommend going to a 9-day fortnight!

Nice enough day to hang laundry outside for a little while.

Got into the garden for about an hour. I'm working on a new garden bed and still not 100% sure what to do with it, aside from getting all the weeds out of it.

Cycled 10.3 km outside.

Ate dinner at Mexican place. :smiley:

Took Rhody (the cat) for his evening walk.

Cooked up a chicken and veg saag curry in the slow cooker and froze it ... I might have to pick up paneer to stir in.

Identified all the packages of rice we've got in the cupboard. Won't be ordering rice in our grocery order for a while.

Catching up on computer-related To Do list.

Colouring and reading.

That's enough for one day. :)

Machka in Oz

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate my coffee.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 6/15 (100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 13/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 19/60
    Arm weights twice a week 2/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 13/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 4/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 25/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 13/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 15/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,980 Member
    Options
    10 Things About Me

1. Age: I am 67
    2. Live: I live in New Mexico, US
    3. Work: I am a volunteer host at a campground for the last 5 years and sometimes teach computers.
    4. Family: I live in a camper with my 70 YO husband. I have 3 kids spread all over the US and 2 step-children in New England. My mom, 83 and uncle 79 are my only older family.
    5. Sports/activities: I like to walk, garden, yoga
    6. Hobbies: Gardening, Reading, computer brain training games (except the Simpsons)
    7. Season: My favorite season is spring
    8. Pet: 11 year old Brownie, Chihuahua mix with end stage heart failure, and 11 year old Wicket, a crazy Shi-Tzu
    9. Favorite Holiday: is christmas
    10. Food: My favorite type of food is anything sweet.

RVRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Waitrose emailed me to say they couldn't supply the PG Tips we ordered and have substituted another brand. Well, we only did the order to get that brand on offer, 4 big boxes, so I will send the substitutes back when the delivery arrives.
    Amazon have recently only had them at a much higher price, but I went back to have another look and found them at the same reduced price as Waitrose were offering. Result! They will arrive tomorrow. :D

Duolingo defeated me this morning. I only do the free version and I ran out of chances. I tried about 5 times and had to keep starting again. Boo!

Raining again, so I think I will stay in. I have enough BP pills until Monday. You never know, I might win the lottery this weekend and not have to sell my necklace. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I also do the free Duolingo! I am learning Japanese.💖. Its fun to test my brain and the lessons are short enough to do in easy bite size anti brain mushing vitamins!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    8. Pet: One gray, cranky kitty named Egg who turns six next month. At the moment, she is a serial moth murderer. She brings in four or five a day.
    Later y'all,
    Much love,
    Lisa in AR

Rhody catches moth when they make the mistake of coming into the house. Every so often, I will be given the gift of a dead moth placed on my computer or on my little computer desk near my mouse.

He'll give us his toys from time to time ... carry one to where each of us sits and leave it there during the night ... but why give a toy when a dead moth is available!!

M in Oz

My childhood cat Pippin used to catch mice. If we didn't acknowledge the kill right away, she would drag it up onto the outdoor picnic table we had on the porch ( in front of the large kitchen window) and munch loudly! She also dragged a bunny that was about the same size as her to the back sliding door. I remember having to bury the rabbit (I think it died of fright, no injuries), and my cat kept poking it, (wake up darn it, you've gotten me in trouble)!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa