WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,552 Member
    Options
    My 10:🤗💖
    1.Age:60
    2.Live:Whidbey Island, in Puget Sound, in the Washington State.
    3.Work:Neither husband and I work.
    4.Family:Married 38 years. Husband (retired Navy Chief) had a complete liver transplant in 2014. He will outlive us all💖 3 Sons, eldest and youngest active duty Navy, middle a veteran as well as his wife. They have 1 child, expecting another this fall.🙏👶💖
    5.Sports:Does watching Sumo wrestling, and rugby count? I do walk, and summertime try to play a little tennis. Love swimming when I can.
    6.Hobbies:writing my 16 pen pals, doing puzzles (crosswords and sudoku), playing any piano I run across, singing opera when allowed, watching classic movies (Myrna Loy is my favorite).
    7.Season:Summer
    8.Movie:The Holiday, Under the Tuscan Sun, The Long Trailer, the thin Man movies
    9.Pets:no pets
    10.Food:soups, stews, fish, Japanese food.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options

1. Age: 77
    2. Live: North Olympic Peninsula Washington State USA
    3. Work: Retired from teaching grade one in public school
    4. Family: Married 34 years to Jake. Jake's kids and grandkids live in other states and we rarely see them.
    5. Passions: Line dancing, walking, riding my recumbent exercise bike, reading and listening to audio books, knitting
    6. Season: All of them. I love the gradual change from one season to the next
    7. Pet: Bessie, ten year old mixed breed dog who likes to stay close to home
    8. Favorite Holiday: We celebrate no holidays. Each day is similar to the last and celebratory in its own way
    9. Music: Mostly from a long time ago. Once I like a song, I like it forever. Broadway show songs, folk songs from the 60's
    10. Food: Simple and the same every day. If I have to have restaurant food, I'll choose Chinese, Thai, or Mexican but would rather eat my own cooking at home.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Grief is a funny thing. You just never know how it's going to hit you until it does.

Heather, that's just beautiful! You're quite talented.

Oh. My. GOD. Kim... I am so sorry. (((HUGS))) I think Barbie said it right. Keep your mouth shut. You said your peace. Let the chips fall. If your brother is involved, LET HIM. grrrrrr... Totally agree, Beth! And what Katla said, she has no idea what a wonderful daughter she has and all the effort you've made to keep her safe and take care of her already. Let her find out that God only helps those who help themselves. He does not HAND us anything. I'm glad the PT spoke up.

1. Age: I am PROUD to be 63!
    2. Live: I live in Lakeville, MN, USA
    3. Work: Still working full-time for our local school district
    4. Family: hubby at home, retired, two daughters out on their own, one almost married with one son, the other with a daughter and son. Lacy, Nick and Kolten, Anne, Caddie and Hunter.
    5. Sports: Watching American football, hockey, and baseball. Watching our grands baseball, soccer and softball.
    6. Hobbies: Photography, Scrapbooking, Card-making, Reading
    7. Season: Absolutely Autumn and then Spring.
    8. Movie: WAY too many to mention, but I always fall back on The Sound of Music and Under the Tuscan Sun
    9. Pet: Our guard-Chug, Harley
    10. Food: Probably steak and shrimp or Freddy's amazing veggies and shrimp alFredo.

14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation... NO PROBLEM with Don Fiori on my side!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    <3

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    1. Age: 61
    2. Live: Currently Napa Valley,Ca but hopefully spending a lot more time back in my home town with mom in Alexander Valley,Ca
    3. Work: daycare provider. Only one kid right now- triplets , starting at 3months old 55 hrs a week for 5 yrs wore me out so cut way back. Hoping this is my last one. I have her until Sept. then taking a long break, maybe permanently.
    4. Family: Married 30 yrs. One son who is 25 and lives with us. He is in Ashland Or. this week and I am missing him.
    5. Sports/activities: I like to walk a lot- wetlands or at the park at least 5 miles 4-5 times a week, more if I can find someone to walk with me and Zumba two nights a week.
    6. Hobbies: cooking, gardening, sewing and several crafts, Not doing any of the crafts now but want to get back into it. I do some small craft projects with Ezie-my daycare girl.
    7. Season: I like something about every season.
    8. Pet: too many ;) We have seven cats inside- all have Japanese names: Neko,Miso, Tonashi,Tora, Kitaro, Azula and Shiro. Azula's brother is now an outside cat because he wouldn't stop peeing in the house. Azula and Zuko were from son's girlfriend when she had to move and couldn't take them with her. Had two others- Umaku and Shima that have passed away in the past two years. We also have at least four feral/neighbor cats that we take care of- they all are fed two to three times a day, canned and dried food- very spoilied
    9. Favorite Holiday: Christmas
    10. Food: seafood or Cajun(but not too spicy- fried okra,gumbo, etc)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,378 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Kim - I had exactly the same thought, immediately you told us. Great minds think alike! Never underestimate the wiles of a narcissist! They will do anything to have power over you. :o
    Lots of love to Kim,
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Worked today. I found out that the score of 92 wasn’t from the health dept (Jerry told me it was) but BK’s inspection. Oh, I told the gal who is on the “labor is down” kick that on Fridays Jerry and I usually separate a container of pickles so that I can pick it up Sat. That’s when she told me Jerry would be there. Fine, it can be done tomorrow. Of course, the store manager told me I should do it if she’s not there but if this manager wants to do it, she can knock herself out. She’s cleaning up and I just said “why don’t you wait until I’m finished? No sense doing double work”. I probably should have explained that the reason I peel the onions is so that I can leave earlier on Sat. (since I have extra prep to do) and be out of everyone’s way. What’s the difference if her “labor is down” on Friday or Saturday? She did confirm that it basically means that they aren’t making the profit to justify the salaries. Which, to me, is stupid. To me, they should have the prep in the morning. How do you say to a customer “sorry, you can’t have tomatoes on your sandwich because the gal who does them isn’t here yet because labor is down?” As a customer, my first question would be “what the h### does that mean.” Then I would feel “I really don’t give a crap about your labor, I want my sandwich” Well, this too shall pass. They get on this tangent then go off. So I’ll just wait it out.

Tracey – hope you feel better soon

Anne – prayers for your dad

Flea – what wonderful news that your husband took the job! Sure takes a lot of pressure off you.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,746 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 9min 27sec, 62elev, 2.89ap, 80ahr, 99mhr, 6.63mi= 631c
    Strava app = 812c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats - 33.30min, 230elev, 106aw, 18.1amph, 40gear, 99ahr, 119mhr, 10.09mi= 174c
    Strava app= 204c
    Zwift stats- 33.32min, 233elev, 106aw, 44arpm, 18.07amph, 10.1mi= 204c
    Walk to dentist and back- 17.58min, .85mi= 72c
    Strava app 104c

Total cal 877
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The Family Stone is another movie I like.
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,439 Member
    Options
    Nice sunny day, spent it all outside, got a ton done. Will catch up tomorrow.

Lanette B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,240 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    8. Movie: Those that make me laugh, though I don't have much patience for sitting through movies these days. Haven't seen a really funny one in quite a while.

Tina in CA

Occasionally I think it might be nice to go to a movie, so I look at the selections ... and there's just nothing appealing at all.

There have been a lot of remakes recently which leads me to wonder if they're completely out of ideas.

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    <3