WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,449 Member
    I think I need to watch Under the Tuscan Sun. Several of you listed it as a favourite.

I think the next movie I’ll be going to is in May, “Are you there God, it’s me Margaret” with my girls. In July I have promised to take Michaela to see Barbie.

I had a peaceful, lazy, day. My back isn’t as sore and my headache went away.
    I made a shirt for myself.

dhvn4hz2jpxy.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

For a second there, I thought that was one of the things I've been colouring!!

I've never seen or heard of Under the Tuscan Sun ... I just looked it up and see that it came out in 2003. That was right when I was going through some major life changes and was not watching movies.

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited April 2023
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. Yesterday’s massage.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing) In the car to Shadow ;)
    Ran into T at Grocery Outlet. Since the sun was shining (for the first time in forever) we decided to take a stroll. Wind was BRISK so we stuck to the sheltered path. Strolled again today in a different park, better sheltered. Been too chilly to play in the dirt. Rain returns Sunday.
    Welcome back @_sirenofthesea_ Hope you’ll share pics of Peter, Pauley and Panther.
    Oh Kim. :cry: ((hugs)) Thankful for PTs words to your mom. Hope if she persists they WILL call senior services. You have done everything you could do and so much more than I would have. Unless/until she’s declared non compos there is nothing more you can do. ((hugs))
    Beth your mother’s comment=Brilliant!
    Ginny said a prayer for an “all clear” PET scan.
    Margaret :love: the "tacos" meme.
    Lisa “serial moth murderer” :laugh: Kim’s “…wily…” mom, mot juste.
    Carol, “The sun is shining…” Amen, sister AMEN!
    Machka gardening absolutely counts as relaxation, can be meditative too!
    Flea great news!
    Annie well done for getting your father to urgent care. Seems like a long time to wait for a C-19 result. Will you and your Mom mask since he won’t isolate?
    Michele that kind of “labor is down” corporate bs is the main thing I do NOT miss about working. :laugh:
    Debbie another prayer said for Destiny and her family.
    Tina “… that just leads to eating “ truth this.
    Tracey gorgeous pattern you made!

Just put a library hold on “Under the Tuscan Sun.” Thanks all for the recommendation.
    04/14: Move: 2 sets PT, stroll with T, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. steps:9365
    Fuel: plants running count for week: 8+10+3+6+2+5+2=36 almonds, apple, asparagus, avocado, banana, beans-cannellini, beets, bell peppers-orange/red/yellow, cabbage, caramel corn, carrots, cashews, corn chips, cranberries, cucumber, daikon, garlic, horseradish, Kashi, macadamia nuts, onion, pepperoncini, pineapple, potatoes-boiled/chips/hash browns, radish, rice-brown, romaine, snap peas, sweet potato, tangerines, tea, walnuts, wheat-cake/pasta/sourdough/French toast.CI=1385
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, laundry fold/n/stash, tire swap, BiMart, Freddie’s. Wt:135.4
    04/13: Move:2 sets PT with dumbbells, stroll with T, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. steps:8852
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+10+3+6+2+5 =almonds, apple, avocado, banana, beans-cannellini, beets, bell peppers-orange/red/yellow, cabbage, caramel corn, carrots, cashews, corn chips, cranberries, cucumber, daikon, garlic, horseradish, Kashi, macadamia nuts, onion, pepperoncini, pineapple, potatoes-boiled/chips/hash browns, radish, romaine, snap peas, sweet potato, tangerines, tea, walnuts, wheat-cake/pasta/sourdough. CI=1193 yay!
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hymns, massage, start laundry, Grocery Outlet. Wt:136.2
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Machka9
    Saturday --

1.5 hours in the garden. I was moving some plants from where I don't want them to be to where I do want them to be.

10 km bicycle ride inside with indoor trainer and Zwift.

lqj2g6kimt8j.png

Distance: 10.22 km
    Moving Time: 25:45
    Elevation: 74 m
    Speed: Avg: 23.8 km/h | Max: 52.3 km/h
    Heart Rate: Avg: 135 bpm | Max: 155 bpm
    Cadence: Avg: 69 | Max: 99
    Power: Avg: 89 W | Max: 167 W
    Calories: 131

Still working on computer stuff. I'm trying to decommission one, or at least have it cleaned and ready as a backup.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Yes!
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Yes!
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. Yes! I can garden, which requires all sorts of body motion, and cycle.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yes! Ate my usual food and drank lots of water up till about 8 pm. We won't talk about what happened after that.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Hmmm ... Walking around the shops? Climbing stairs?
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. Achy.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening.
    There isn't much light early in the day here. Plus I was sleeping then. Plus it was cloudy, drizzly and rainy all day.
    But I do dim the lights in the evening. It's one of many steps I take to wind down in the evenings to prepare myself for the night.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    I rarely laugh. Most things don't strike me funny.
    Lots of things amuse me, but not enough for laughter.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    I often do, but as today's work involved sitting at 2 computers, I walked on the treadmill during a break instead.
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    Unfortunately, today was another day sitting at 2 computers.
    But I did go downstairs to row and lift weights.
    Hoping the rain will let up soon!!! It's been 4 days already!
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    One of my more favourite areas!! :)
    We aim to cycle at least one 50 km ride each month and have been doing that for a while. :) At our AGM at the end of March, we got a bag full of these each. :)
    c9d65r471d9g.png
    We will have to see when we can fit our April ride in ... the 5 days off over Easter would have been good but it rained and rained and was cold and windy. Snow at higher elevations.
    Maybe next weekend ... we'll see.
    AND ... one of the bigger running events moved their event to September which is fantastic for me. Originally, it was this month, but I was nowhere near ready to even sign up for the 5K. Now I've got the winter to get in shape. :)
    Also, now that I'm working back in the same building I was in about 16 months ago, with many of the same people, we've started our stair climbing challenge again. We are easing into it this month because of Easter and ANZAC Day but we'll be ready to be much more consistent in May.
    The stair climbing challenge is exciting because when I'm busy climbing 20+ flights of 20 stairs each day I am at work, I lose weight.
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    Absolutely! I climbed stairs. :)

13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time

I do when I have to work the next day ... make sure I get at least 7 hours of sleep.

But I am not keen on that. I'm a night owl and like to get things done late at night. Having to be in bed by 11:45 pm is a bit uncomfortably early.

14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.

Gardening ... will gardening do?

15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)

I sing every day. My husband is very polite about it. :)

18. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    19. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    20. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    21. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    22. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    35. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    36. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    37. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    38. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    39. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    40. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    41. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    42. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    43. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    44. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I think I need to watch Under the Tuscan Sun. Several of you listed it as a favourite.

I think the next movie I’ll be going to is in May, “Are you there God, it’s me Margaret” with my girls. In July I have promised to take Michaela to see Barbie.

I had a peaceful, lazy, day. My back isn’t as sore and my headache went away.
    I made a shirt for myself.

dhvn4hz2jpxy.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

For a second there, I thought that was one of the things I've been colouring!!

I've never seen or heard of Under the Tuscan Sun ... I just looked it up and see that it came out in 2003. That was right when I was going through some major life changes and was not watching movies.

M in Oz

One of my recent ones ...

194ah1dr1ltb.png
    aegmkaxwvr5j.png

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    What tree is this?

hhjq1lwukt9i.png
    fyjjaidim9gp.png

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,793 Member
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,000 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    I've been watching a lot of FB sites and Youtube gardening videos - mainly to see more about intensive container planting. (Matchka ;) ) Some of the best ones, in my opinion, are from Australia. It's cool to see them getting ready for winter. I've picked up some good tips.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Yes, probably about half our garden is in containers and we can usually keep it going about 10 months of the year.

For example, although it is mid-April = mid-Autumn, we could probably put in snowpeas and have them throughout the winter. They don't seem to mind the cooler conditions, but we might wait till late winter to put them in.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,071 Member
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,819 Member
    ☘️
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 969 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    8. Movie: Those that make me laugh, though I don't have much patience for sitting through movies these days. Haven't seen a really funny one in quite a while.

Tina in CA

Occasionally I think it might be nice to go to a movie, so I look at the selections ... and there's just nothing appealing at all.

There have been a lot of remakes recently which leads me to wonder if they're completely out of ideas.

M in Oz

I agree. There hasn't been much interesting lately. I usually get my movie-watching in when I'm on long flights. Usually, it's the ones I've never heard of that are the best ones.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,000 Member
    Morning ladies
    I have a load of laundry done that needs to go down to the dryer and I am dressed an as thats as far as ive gotten.. but thats ok..im in no hurry as there is no plans for the weekend..I'll get things done in my own time.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,201 Member
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate my coffee.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 7/15(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 13/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 20/60
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 14/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)
    PT— head. 2/17. Started 4/13/23
    Hands 2/17

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 5/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 27/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 13/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 15/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too. I did all I wanted to do.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing). I can’t sing but will sing along with music anyway.
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita