WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Machka - I am on an iPhone. I’ve done everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It’s just MFP.

Tracey in Edmonton

Seems like it's just Apple products. There probably was an update or something that affected them.

Sorry.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited April 2023
    Options
    ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Yes!
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Yes!
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. Yes! I can garden, which requires all sorts of body motion, and cycle.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yes! Ate my usual food and drank lots of water up till about 8 pm. We won't talk about what happened after that.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Hmmm ... Walking around the shops? Climbing stairs?
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. Achy.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening.
    There isn't much light early in the day here. Plus I was sleeping then. Plus it was cloudy, drizzly and rainy all day.
    But I do dim the lights in the evening. It's one of many steps I take to wind down in the evenings to prepare myself for the night.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    I rarely laugh. Most things don't strike me funny.
    Lots of things amuse me, but not enough for laughter.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    I often do, but as today's work involved sitting at 2 computers, I walked on the treadmill during a break instead.

10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement

Unfortunately, today was another day sitting at 2 computers.
    But I did go downstairs to row and lift weights.

Hoping the rain will let up soon!!! It's been 4 days already!

11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge

One of my more favourite areas!! :)

We aim to cycle at least one 50 km ride each month and have been doing that for a while. :) At our AGM at the end of March, we got a bag full of these each. :)

c9d65r471d9g.png

We will have to see when we can fit our April ride in ... the 5 days off over Easter would have been good but it rained and rained and was cold and windy. Snow at higher elevations.

Maybe next weekend ... we'll see.

AND ... one of the bigger running events moved their event to September which is fantastic for me. Originally, it was this month, but I was nowhere near ready to even sign up for the 5K. Now I've got the winter to get in shape. :)

Also, now that I'm working back in the same building I was in about 16 months ago, with many of the same people, we've started our stair climbing challenge again. We are easing into it this month because of Easter and ANZAC Day but we'll be ready to be much more consistent in May.

The stair climbing challenge is exciting because when I'm busy climbing 20+ flights of 20 stairs each day I am at work, I lose weight.

12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside

Absolutely! I climbed stairs. :)

ui3kb8mb9d5a.png

15. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    16. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    17. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    25. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    26. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    27. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    28. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    29. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    30. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    31. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    32. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    33. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    34. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    35. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    36. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    37. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    38. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    39. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    jnw4c0zspx30.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,433 Member
    Options
    Machka: It is just MFP! Everything else is running fine. Both app and website on my phone and tablet.

Got my weekly shop done and put away. Watching the coverage of President Biden in Belfast. He’s about to give his speech in University if Ulster.

Intentions for April:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end of the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today:
    📍Solid habits
    📍general chores
    📍weekly grocery shopping

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends!

I have a doctor appointment today for my sciatica. It was pretty bad two weeks ago when I made the appointment but it has gotten much better. Yay! I still want to get the X-ray and find out if it is bone or muscle or what that pinches the nerve. I can't say exactly what positions or exercises cause it to flare up. I used to have bursitis on that side but that went away. My stretches must be doing some good.

Rebecca I'm sorry you are so hurt. Hope you can come to some shared expectations so it doesn't happen again.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka: It is just MFP! Everything else is running fine. Both app and website on my phone and tablet.

☘️ Terri

You've got a Mac? Apple products?

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

I'm so sorry, Rebecca. Don't know what else to say. Just (((hugs))) So good you have your eldest sister.

Sometimes it bothers me, Karen, and other times I'm just as happy being "left out". hehehe...

Well then THANK YOU Lanette! I'm just in love with Don Fiore! The Tai Chi for seniors is amazing and I love that he told me I could start out in my chair. My knees can't handle standing for long anymore.
    I remember when Lacy was doing some purging of Shawn's clothing and asked me to make some pillows and trinkets out of remnants so she and Kolten and the rest of the family could have things to keep. It was good for her, kinda tough for me, but it all worked out. Blessings on your angelversary. Hang in there. We're all here for you.

The hummingbirds will find you, Katla. Give them time. We haven't had a deck for three summers now and ours keep coming back to look for their feeder. I'm going to get a window feeder this summer just so they know we're still here.

OMG ALLIE!!! That picture of Miles thru the tunnel just MADE MY DAY! He is so danged cute!!!

12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside... got my alarm set for every hour!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

☘️ Terri

Machka ... my phone, tablet and computer are Apple products and I've not experienced anything that the ladies have been talking about regarding slow pages???

Beth
  • Machka9
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

☘️ Terri

Machka ... my phone, tablet and computer are Apple products and I've not experienced anything that the ladies have been talking about regarding slow pages???

Beth

Hmmm ... I thought maybe there was a pattern.

But no.

Mine are not Apple products and I am not experiencing the slowness either.

I have no idea why a few are, and the rest of us are fine.

I do know that if a person hasn't cleared their cache recently, that can be a problem. Not necessarily in this situation, but it might be worth a shot. Today at work I was struggling to get into a certain data portal, so finally I cleared my cache on the chance it might help ... and it did!

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. One more step than yesterday.
    Lanette thanks for that “I’m happy” video. “Get up and dance!” is indeed the magic formula. ;):love: the glasses and so with you about the peace, quiet and own bathroom :laugh:
    Rebecca ((hugs)) when my line dance acquaintances exclude me it stings. How much more must it hurt from your sons. ((hugs)) Unasked for advice: When things calm down, try to find a magic word to say so the chief knows when to just listen and not invalidate your feelings. Glad your eldest sister was able to help.
    Katla hope the local hummingbirds find your feeder soon.
    Rosemarie I feel you could use more support too. Hope you find it here since it doesn’t seem to be your son’s strong suit. ((hugs))
    Debbie we’ve had to make new juice for the humming bird feeders every other day lately. Lots of new ones despite Mr. Stinker trying to drive all comers away.
    Vicki whooshing you strength to survive your difficult work situations.
    Tracey Brava for the applications, taking what steps you can. Fingers Xd.
    Heather and Margaret love your wise words to Rosemarie.
    Machka not just apple products, affected my Windows laptop too. But its better this morning, no waiting between pages. Congrats on the bagsfull of badges!
    Carla ok now you’ve made me want to checkout Lanette’s Don Fiore T’ai Chi. Thanks!

Gonna be a long day, casserole-athon, line dance class, rfpd budget and board meetings tonight. Time for PT, Shower then go!
    04/11: Move:dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking steps:9071
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+10+3+6 =almonds, apple, banana, beans-cannelini, bell peppers-orange/red/yellow, cabbage, caramel corn, carrots, corn chips, cucumber, daikon, garlic, horseradish, macadamia nuts, onion, pineapple, potatoes-boiled/hash browns, radish, romaine, snap peas, sweet potato, tangerines, tea, walnuts, wheat-cake/pasta/sourdough. CI=1312
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, meeting prep, Shadow and Tumble grooming Wt: 136

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Machka - I am on an iPhone. I’ve done everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It’s just MFP.

Tracey in Edmonton

Seems like it's just Apple products. There probably was an update or something that affected them.

Sorry.

M in Oz

Not just Apple products. Having the same problem on my chromebook computer. Keep getting timeout message and page will not load. Very annoying.

Joy
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,548 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon or evening, all,

Rebecca, dear heart - Men can sometimes say things that jump up and down on our last nerves, and that phrasing was unfortunate on his part. You weren't trying to be logical or rational at the time, and I can't imagine you shout very often. It used to hurt me terribly when I would visit Mama in Texas, flying in from England or Colorado or Nevada and my brothers wouldn't even drive 20 miles to see me at her house. Our own expectations drive that pain--but that's in hindsight. At the time, it just hurt. Heather had the right of it - the male of the species genuinely doesn't think the way we do on the emotional side of things. I doubt my brothers ever thought about it one way or the other.

Katla and Debbie - You reminded me I need to get my humming bird feeders up. There's enough food in the wild out there now that it's warm that the big bird suet feeder is less frequented, time to give the little guys a boost while the flowers get up and blooming.

Tracey - I'm so sorry work is such torture right now. Dreading your every workday is exhausting, and colors your whole life gray. I've been in your shoes, and it is not a good place to be. Thinking about you.

Rori - Good to see you're planning your next adventure! Can't wait to see pics of your journey. Hope your team does well in the playoffs.

Lanette - I love Ed Sheeran, but hadn't heard that one. Such grief and truth in the same place. My go to when I was hurting was "Walking on Broken Glass," by Annie Lennox.
    Had a rough night Monday, the worst in a long time, and a wobbly day yesterday recovering. Today is better--slept for nearly ten hours and woke up hungry. I'll go get breakfast put together when I close this out. Quiet week for the rest of the week, which is probably a good thing.

Next week is fasting labs on Monday morning, and signing the wills and trusts on Tuesday afternoon, so one thing accomplished anyway. I'll be able to get the lab results by Wednesday, so can put together the list of questions for the doctor for my phone appointment the following week. Otherwise I forget what I wanted to ask!

Hope it's a good day for everyone...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate quiet mornings.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 5/15 (100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 10/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 18/60
    Arm weights twice a week 2/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 11/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 4/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 24/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 14(100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time.
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Pg. 32 done. Have to catch up later. Must get ready for VET.

Seems like there are many many of us who have the Family Communication Issues.

“Never give up. Never surrender.” (Galaxy Quest)

RVRita