Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    1amm933gni2a.jpg
    :D<3:D<3
    Lovely day so far. <3
    Won't be watching the coronation. Definitely not.
    It's raining and miserable out there. I do feel sorry for the crowds.
    This morning we prepared the parmesan croutons for the chicken caesar salad. They smell heavenly. I also put the chicken breast skin in to crisp up.
    Lunch is caviar (faux) sour cream and blinis.
    I think this afternoon might turn out to be a painting session. I was thinking a stroll by the sea and a beer might be nice, but it's truly damp out there.

Rebecca - This is the srea in the dining room where we display our latest efforts, usually for a week or two. It cheers my heart every time I look at it.
    ctuo7mynyhjk.jpg
    The dog is Bea's and she's gradually covering it in brown tissue paper. He's called Snuffles.

So all good here. Poor Max was meant to have a beach party today for his 12th birthday. :o Don't know what they are doing instead. He is coming here on Monday (another Bank Holiday for the coronation)and we will take him out for a birthday lunch. His present, a video game, has been pre-ordered, and will arrive on the 12th.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Brilliant! I have am area too, of only things that make me happy.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Ginny: I just finished participating in my first meditation session with ADDA: Attention Deficit Disorder Association.
    And it really relaxed me. I didn't know I was carrying so much anxiety until I let it go.

Rebecca: You have your love for your son in your heart.

Heather: I love your art display!

Have a good evening!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Have windows open..
    Heather- Happy Anniversary and you and Johnny and the grandkids are just fabulous artists.
    I don't do much of anything, i did go outside for about 15 min and sit on a bench and talk to a neighbor of mine..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Where do I begin? Been trying to do things around the house. Got the pool pretty clear now. Been trying to go for a walk every night at least after dinner. Was pretty cold but it’s starting to warm up. Had lunch the other day with a gal who used to work at BK. To be honest, I don’t think she’s very happy in her new job. But she does like the higher pay. I think if BK was to pay her the same amount (which will never happen), she’d come back to BK.

Tracey – glad the retrieval went so good

Made chicken last night to have during the week. Made chocolate chip cookies the other day for Vince. Hope to make pork chops for during the week and the freezer either tonight or tomorrow. Would like to make some soup for the freezer

Also inflated my raft for the pool (I want to be ready). Vince put up the new handrail in the garage, made a new planter to cover an outlet (I think he’s doing little things right now), got the cantilever umbrella out by the pool

Rori – always good to hear from you, but not so good to hear of your fall. Thank god nothing was broken! Heal fast

Cleaned the furniture on the porch. Boy, did we have a lot of pollen this year. No wonder so many times my eyes were tearing. Wash and waxed my car the other day. Not bowling this summer. The league is going no tap and I don’t like no tap. The Wednesday league...well, last year I did not enjoy it one bit and with Vince not bowling at all, I swore last summer that I wouldn’t go on this league again. Still volunteering at the soup kitchen. Still trying to at least take a walk around the block on the days when I’m not working. Speaking of not working….the plan for tomorrow is to do a Denise Austin Power Zone Toning Workout and then a 30 Minute Express Above the Belt DVD. Making pork chops right now.

KJ – so you don’t need any starter for your yogurt? Thanks for telling me.

Heather – hope you heal quickly and that the cast comes off before your cruise

Barbara – I think the battery was low on my pedometer. I changed it, and now I don’t have any problem. Even tho it wasn’t displaying low battery, I think it may have been on the way out. So right now, no problem

Healing thoughts to everyone who needs them

Rebecca – prayers for you and Lee

Lisa – thanks for the smile. I can just see you on the couch. Those Muddy Bites sound SOOO good. I’m definitely having to look for them. Where do you buy them?

Destiny is so brave. Hugs to her

Kim – glad your mother “straightened up”. Do you have to be “ordained?” What an honor!

Got a pair of pants from Amazon. It’s so hard finding something in gray that isn’t so dark it’s almost black. Anyway, I usually take a 10P but this was a regular 10 so I wasn’t sure how it would fit. It fit and I was going to keep it than I noticed that it was ripped so now I have to send it back.

Allie – when my kids were teens, I used to lock myself in the bathroom at times because I swear I’d kill them otherwise. I had a book called “get out of my life but first would you drive me and Cheryl to the mall”. One thing it said, and this is so true, that the more they pull away, the more they come back. So sorry about your cruise plans getting messed up. You know, what Tracey is putting up with Kyle reminds me of what you put up with Tom

Rita – hugs

Didn’t see any of the coronation – too busy

I tend to wear dark clothes on the bottom and light things on the top since I’m small on top.

Bought a new set of sheets for the condo today. I’m just tired of the ones that are there in the guest room. $50 and I got 75% off plus an add’l $5 because I made a donation to some charity, plus a gift certificate I had, I wound up paying $19.

Better go take a shower and then get to bed.

Thinking of you all all the time

Michele NC
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    DianeM 130– Welcome! You will find encouragement here. 🌸

Heather — I watched the Coronation of King Charles this morning in the comfort of my favorite chair. It was an interesting thing to witness. Congratulations to the new King, and the people of Great Britain. ⭐️

(((Rebecca)))— Your younger son has hurt you with his silence, & it has been hard for you. Your other sons are caring & show you how much they value you. You are loved by your family & friends. 💖

Katla in Illinois
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,031 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-I also like the style of dresses on the web link you provided. Too bad that store isn't in US!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

As I was preparing for a move "up the ladder" a couple years ago, and as I've now started to do that, I knew I had dress the part.

Here, we tend to dress up in the office.

So I went around to a whole bunch of places and tried on clothes. Lots of places had nice dresses, but when I put them on, they just didn't work for me. I have an hourglass figure, so one style of dress that looks great on the rack but looks awful on me are sheath dresses. I look like I'm about to give birth when I wear them.

But a lot of the Jacquie dresses have a waist in them and are built for the hourglass figure. Plus the ones I have are comfortable too which really helps. I can wear them for 9 hours and feel good in them. :)

https://jacquie.jgl.com.au/shop/je-womens-dresses-all

Now I'm trying to work on the shoe situation.

I used to have very narrow feet but I've got quite advanced arthritis now so that the front of my feet is fairly wide but the back is very narrow.
    My ankle bones are low so if the shoe has sides that run under the ankle bone, most of the time the sides will rub and cause blisters.
    I need a slight heel or the back of the shoe will cause blisters.
    But I can't wear a higher heel because of the arthritis.
    And I need to be able to walk in the shoes!

My Hoka trail runners are my favourite shoes, but they don't really go with the dresses! :lol:

Loafers and ballet flats are horrible ... my feet blister at the thought of them.

Boots are great but I can't wear boots all the time ... too hot.

As a few others here have mentioned, I'd prefer bare feet! As soon as I'm in for the evening, I'm in bare feet.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/ kids- 2hrs 1min 59sec, 58elev, 2.94ap, 82ahr, 111mhr, 6.11mi= 677c
    Strava app= 748c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 30.58min, 125elev, 25gear, 127aw, 19.6amph, 108ahr, 127mhr, 10.09mi= 204c
    Strava app= 224c
    Zwift stats- 30.59min, 125elev, 126aw, 62arpm, 19.56amph, 10.1mi= 224c

Total cal 881
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why. Joe and the dogs-love.
    Gratitude-heals. Faithful in small-it’s who I am.

Rats. Missed out on a $40 rebate from the electric coop when we bought the new washing machine last year. A tiny drop in the almost $1400 bucket but every $40 helps. Lesson learned? Read those monthly magazines when they arrive ;}
    Shared two of my friends’ contact info with Joe’s phone despite his resistance. “If you want to give me numbers, write it on a piece of paper and I’ll put it in my folder so I’ll know where it is.” OK message received. Printing out the “who to call” page today. Will let that settle in awhile before I hit him with the “ins and outs” page or the [shudder] logins list. Baby steps.
    Machka to the “keep blood pressure down” list I’d add do everything you can to be regular ;} :love: your colors.
    Margaret, thanks for yours to Rita.
    Heather your painting of Johnny, bravissima!
    Allie ((hugs))
    Mary the joy in that little’s pics just jumps out.
    Lisa hope the pain goes away soon. Hooray for Corey treating you like the princess you truly are.
    Rebecca (((hugs held extra long)))
    Rosemarie I am so thankful the ADDA meditation gave you some relief. You’ve been through so much.
    Tracey I’m with you about working with DH on projects. Separate IS more pleasant :devil: Prayers for those affected by Alberta’s fire emergency. Would love to send you some of our rain.
    Michele, didn’t think of the battery. Well done!
    Pip cute dress! All your hard work sure shows well.
    Bone broth update. The thawed turkey bone broth from Thanksgiving was delicious! Needed no “better than bouillon” or soup mix, was fully seasoned, probably from simmering the bones with the skin. Now I wish I had made more ;) Next will rotisserie a chicken and make broth from the bones and skin. But OH, whole organic chickens are sooo expensive, $18+ at Freddie’s yesterday. I usually buy the frozen organic, skinless breasts, $14 for two pounds, no waste and cook fast. Whoops, there I go complaining again ;}
    05/:06 Move: sets 2 PT w/d, dog group, Jeopardy walking. steps: 8193
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+7+3+8+6+3 apple, arugula, asparagus, beans-red kidney, beets, carrots, cashews, coconut milk powder, cucumber, garlic, ginger, juice-pomegranate, lemon curd, lettuce-butter, maple syrup, mustard greens, oats, onions, peanut brittle, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers-red chili, potato-chips/vindaloo, prunes, radish, raisins, rice-brown, romaine, soy-breakfast patties, split pea soup, tangerines, tomatoes-concentrated, walnuts, wheat-thins/pizza crust/bread CI=1781 CO=326
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, fellowship prep, groom Tumble. Wt:134.7

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,228 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I am watching the Royal Celebration in Great Britain. Prince Charles will be King Charles today. The parade includes a horse drawn carriage & appears to be covered in gold. Wow! It is 7:20 am here in Illinois. ⭐️

Katla

I was curious about the carriage. It’s giltwood, painted gold and then covered with gold leaf. Queen Elizabeth once said the ride was uncomfortable.

Karen in Virginia

The much older State Coach that they used on the return journey has absolutely no suspension whatever. You can clearly see it bouncing about as the procession moves along the route back to Buckingham Palace. The Jubilee Coach which they went to the abbey in is relatively new, and has air-con and very good suspension.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

-Narcotics Anonymous

• KetoneKaren
    Options
    I am watching the Royal Celebration in Great Britain. Prince Charles will be King Charles today. The parade includes a horse drawn carriage & appears to be covered in gold. Wow! It is 7:20 am here in Illinois. ⭐️

Katla

I was curious about the carriage. It’s giltwood, painted gold and then covered with gold leaf. Queen Elizabeth once said the ride was uncomfortable.

Karen in Virginia

The much older State Coach that they used on the return journey has absolutely no suspension whatever. You can clearly see it bouncing about as the procession moves along the route back to Buckingham Palace. The Jubilee Coach which they went to the abbey in is relatively new, and has air-con and very good suspension.

Aha!

I didn’t pay quite enough attention to see that there were 2 different coaches.

I believe I read that Queen Elizabeth said her ride (in - I assume - the State Coach) was “horrible”. :o

• KetoneKaren
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Pip, That is a very nice multigenerational family photo. You look fabulous.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Sunday --

Nice sleep-in. One of the things I do sometimes when I sleep in, is to stay in bed for an additional 10-30 minutes just lying there awake and completely still, and I think. I think about what I want to do that day and in coming days. I think about bigger issues, my current list of stressors, and whatever else pops into my mind. I let my mind decide so it wanders. But I find it relaxing and settling. I so rarely get completely still and quiet time to do that.

And then the day got going.

I spent quite a bit of time in the garden and accomplished what I set out to do today! The plan was to move all the carnations up to my drystream garden thus clearing the other garden bed for the bushes I want to get going there. It was a long job, digging a hole, walking down the hill to where the carnations were, digging one up, hauling it up the hill, plopping it in the hole and filling in, and repeat, over and over. Now it's done.

Then I hauled the watering can (big plastic one) around to various spots. Fill it. Haul. Pour. Fill it. Haul. Pour. At least 7 times.

The lower garden bed has been cleared and is ready to be dug up for the bushes.

Then we headed under the house where my husband rode his bicycle on the trainer while I rowed, lifted weights and walked/jogged.

I'm attempting to jog again. We'll see how it goes.

And then ... Lego Masters!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options

Katla

Karen in Virginia

Aha!

I didn’t pay quite enough attention to see that there were 2 different coaches.

I believe I read that Queen Elizabeth said her ride (in - I assume - the State Coach) was “horrible”. :o

Apparently all the royals since the mid-1800s when the gold one was built have said the ride was horrible. Fortunately, this time, they only had to go 1.5 miles whereas Queen Elizabeth had to go 5 miles during her coronation.

The black one brought the pre-king and pre-queen to Westminster Abbey and then took William, Kate and family to Buckingham Palace after.

M in Oz