WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,316 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Prince Charles became King Charles III the moment his mother died. The coronation is a separate thing. King Edward VIII was king, but never crowned.

We are waiting in for a delivery from Amazon, but as soon as it arrives, we will go out and visit a few of the Open Houses to see the art, pottery, jewellery etc. Weather is brightening up. We are expecting to think our art is much better than some for sale! :laugh:
    This morning I did as much exercise as I could manage, but I am somewhat hampered by my sore ribs on the left. Annoying.
    I also did a little reel for Instagram, using the photo DH took yesterday. It was fun playing with it!
    I don't do reels often as I am such a beginner at these things, but I like to have a go. It's better to post something than nothing. I have made great progress in not being such a perfectionist!
    There is a street party in our road today, but we won't be visiting. Not only are we anti-royalty, judging by the previous times, they are pretty awful. I have been before to see if I could meet a few neighbours, but it was all cliquey and no mingling. We really don't like the people who are organising it.
    Hope my delivery comes soonest!

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,316 Member
    Options
    2eccr06bxgwi.png
    Fun photo!

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    kq11codng0tv.jpg

:)Karen,Thanks for the reminder of this.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,289 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I am watching the Royal Celebration in Great Britain. Prince Charles will be King Charles today. The parade includes a horse drawn carriage & appears to be covered in gold. Wow! It is 7:20 am here in Illinois. ⭐️

Katla

I was curious about the carriage. It’s giltwood, painted gold and then covered with gold leaf. Queen Elizabeth once said the ride was uncomfortable.

Karen in Virginia

The much older State Coach that they used on the return journey has absolutely no suspension whatever. You can clearly see it bouncing about as the procession moves along the route back to Buckingham Palace. The Jubilee Coach which they went to the abbey in is relatively new, and has air-con and very good suspension.

Aha!

I didn’t pay quite enough attention to see that there were 2 different coaches.

I believe I read that Queen Elizabeth said her ride (in - I assume - the State Coach) was “horrible”. :o
    Indeed she did. The other coach, The Diamond Jubilee Coach, was originally being made for Queen Elizabeth’s 80th birthday celebrations, but was delayed and used to commemorate her Diamond Jubilee 8 years later. It was first used in the official State opening of Parliament on 4 June 2014, and has been in regular service ever since. The six Windsor greys were to symbolise the six decades the Queen had reigned.
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was glued to the TV yesterday and enjoyed the parade and coronation of King Charles. Congratulations to King Charles & the citizens of Great Britain.

Katla in Illinois
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,289 Member
    Options
    Heather:
    I was meaning to say to you how much I love the experiential creative diversity you are introducing into the lives of your grandkids. Your art is so Avant-Garde!!

I enjoy all the historical pomp and ceremony, but regard myself as an ardent modern Elizabethan rather than a Monarchist. Only time will tell if I become a Carolean.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,767 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    4hod1xisvlaa.jpg
    oehjxk3grdux.jpg
    Morning ladies
    Alfie woke me up early ,and I have a load of laundry done ,
    Going to be 75 and sunny today.
    But sheesh I have a case of the hiccups lol.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Lisa during my last air conditioning outage, I soaked my feet and washed my face in cold water. That helped tremendously.

I'm a little dubious about the whole monarchy too. Especially since I tend to think of Charles as Diana's cheating ex. But it is a grand party, so might as well enjoy it!

Quiet here today. I know I've been saying I would get back to exercise, and I haven't done it yet. Today's the day!

And I need to do something about my laptop which has been up and down for weeks! Either I can fix it or I can't, and I need to give up and buy new. The problem has something to do with a Windows 11 update, so I'm leery of buying a new laptop that gets the same update and has the same issue. Plus I just want to believe I can fix it.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Oh good Lord, Kim! She does realize that after 94 years, she's allowed "relax" with crafts and recreation without working first! smh. Yeah, talk about judgemental. I'm sorry. I guess she can just sit and waste away in her judgement if she's going to be like that.

OMGosh, Shania Twain is one of my old faves, Tracey! Is she still wonderful? Saw her like 20 years ago.

BOY-O, were you a busy-bee, Michele! Good for you. Pollen has been horrible up here too. Congrats on getting so much done.

Watched a bit of the Coronation. I do have to admit that I too enjoy all the pomp and circumstance, Terri. I love the "costumes" (sorry, I know that's not the right word) Pageantry, is maybe a better word, but what they're made to wear and all that it means. I guess I'm just not in favor of Charles himself. I think he's a boor. I think he treated Diana horribly and I don't believe that Camilla should have been named "Queen". But that's my opinion and I'm not British, so I really have no right to say anything.

7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why... God, family, country.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I topped up the humming bird feeder and headed back inside. 😉

I’m going to DH’s room to spend time with him. 😊

Bad news came this morning when my calendar fell off my door. The plastic hook on the back of the door where I keep it fell to the floor. I need to get another hook with fresh sticker for the door. 😳

Katla
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,914 Member
    Options
    2023 Mindful May

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate allergy medicine.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 1/15 100%,100%,80%,73%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 4/31 (84%,86%,94%,93%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 0/31 (93%)
    Arm weights twice a week 0/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%)
    Meditation: daily. 3/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 2/8–(100%,100%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 10818, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 47/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%should be 86 by June1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)36/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4 (100%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/25 (100%,88%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 18/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 )(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200 (100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. I need to think about this and plot! I gave my son a gift card to Netflix. He needed something to make him smile.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. I will try. Did this.
    3. Take a step toward an important goal no matter how small. I have to think about this. I did not buy beer today. Working on not enabling my DH.
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together. DONE!
    5. Let someone know how much they mean to you and why. It’s my brother’s 59’th birthday today. Going to call him. We never really call each other.
    6. Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful. Will do! And found them all over all day!
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why. To be completed.
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today.
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today.
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times.
    11. Look around for things that give you a sense of awe and wonder.
    12. Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you.
    13. Find out about the values or traditions of another country.
    14. Get outside and notice the beauty in nature.
    15. Do something to contribute to your local community.
    16. Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better.
    17. Find a way to make what you do today meaningful.
    18. Send a hand written note to someone you care about.
    19. Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful.
    20. Share 3 photos of things you find meaningful or memorable.
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. I
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about.
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of.
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today.
    25. Ask someone else what matters most to them and why.
    26. Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful.
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight.
    29. Today do something to car for the natural world.
    30. Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost.
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future.
    RVRita in NM