Options
    :)

Katla
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hello, my dears,

Hope you're having or had a good Monday... Mine's been pretty quiet since 6 a.m. when Egg felt I should be awake, and told me this over and over again. She did let me go back to sleep until 6:10 and then started yowling at me again, so it's sort of like having a cat with a snooze button. I don't have an actual alarm clock for good reason.

Talked to Corey on our good morning call at 8:30, and then my best friend at 9. She's got a horrible cold, and on top of that had been crying all morning trying to decide whether to give her manipulative sister money again. I had no advice, all I could do was listen and sympathize.

Corey called at noon and is on his way back down from Northwest Arkansas. I need to go ahead and get in the shower, get ready to meet him at the lawyer's office at 3 p.m. I'll be so glad to have this done and off my shoulders. The wills and trust and POAs are too important to be left to chance and guesses.

Tracey - You're right at the top of the "Grandmas I wish I'd had" list, along with Allie, KJ and Heather. And KJ, what a wonderful thing, seeing your boys all grown up!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Lisa--Yes, my DH and I ride and this last Saturday was our first big ride for the year. It is the first Saturday of May and we do fund raising for (Run For the Son) prject. They send Bibles, motorcycles and whatever is needed to 3rd world counties to spread the Word. It is a world wide ride for Christian Motorcycle Association. So I know there was a lot of rides going on Saturday. Our group met up with several Nebraska groups and rode about 100 miles and had lunch and prayer. I do enjoy the group and believe in this part of the mission.
    We gave in last evening and turned the AC on. It was so humid and going to be warm all week. Felt good to sleep last evening,.
    Rebecca--HUGS!! I am sure Athena will be very happy with her gift and getting to take you home will be fun for both of you.
    Tracey--I know we are told over and over not to share our passwords with anyone. It's a fireable offense. Sick leave does sound like the way to go for now.
    Kelly--What a great surprise and sounds like everyone had fun.
    Beth--We had our driveway done a couple years ago and got asphalt. I still have not decided if I like it or not. It does look better, but has some low points. It was half the cost of redoing it in concrete and they got it done in one day.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Speaking of shoes well my new love is Cloudies or a knock off version..I guess they are all the rage now .but boy are they comfortable. And washable..
    I ordered a couple more from amazon with back straps if they are to big will send them back.
    Today Miles wore me out.. he is getting the devil in him and running along the couch which he isn't supposed to do and when he gets as far as ne he bends down to give me a kiss thinking that makes everything ok,so I grab him ..then he bends in half and wriggles out of my arms and starts all over.. throwing pillows on the floor and just going bonkers..
    Will try and het him outside mid morning after his nap.
    But gee I get home and as Heather says im totally knackered.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 6min 9sec, 29elev, 2.92ap, 85ahr, 111mhr, 6.19mi= 576c
    Strava app= 758c
    Walk home to gym- 10.56min, .53mi= 58c
    Strava app = 65c
    Treadmill jog- 30min, 139ahr, 180mhr, 6.0speed mile 1, 6.1speed mile 2, 6.5speed mile 3, last .10 at 8.0speed, 9.66min mi, 5k= 334c
    Walk gym to store then home- 18.48min, .85mi= 89c
    Strava app= 105c

Total cal 1057

I reached a new high, 180 average heart rate max on my run.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,899 Member
    Options
    Busy morning today and it’s already 2:30 pm here! Got up to the rv repair guy knocking at the door. Then DH stayed with him while I went to a staff meeting for the park. Meeting was long and repairman was still here when I got back. He left at noon with air still not fixed and part ordered that may or may not fix it.🙄

Thats3 people who couldn’t fix it yet. We are lucky that the RV repair guy is a friend of ours and we advertise for him so going to give us a good discount.

Next did campground rounds then dumped our camper while DH made dinner. Just finished dishes and got on here.

2023 Mindful May

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate allergy medicine.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 1/15 100%,100%,80%,73%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 5/31 (84%,86%,94%,93%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 0/31 (93%)
    Arm weights twice a week 0/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%)
    Meditation: daily. 4/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 2/8–(100%,100%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 10818, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 49/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%should be 86 by June1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)38/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4 (100%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 7/25 (100%,88%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 18/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 )(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200 (100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. I need to think about this and plot! I gave my son a gift card to Netflix. He needed something to make him smile.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. I will try. Did this.
    3. Take a step toward an important goal no matter how small. I have to think about this. I did not buy beer today. Working on not enabling my DH.
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together. DONE!
    5. Let someone know how much they mean to you and why. It’s my brother’s 59’th birthday today. Going to call him. We never really call each other.
    6. Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful. Will do! And found them all over all day!
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why. Did this in my journal.
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today. Do this every day
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today.
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times.
    11. Look around for things that give you a sense of awe and wonder.
    12. Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you.
    13. Find out about the values or traditions of another country.
    14. Get outside and notice the beauty in nature.
    15. Do something to contribute to your local community.
    16. Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better.
    17. Find a way to make what you do today meaningful.
    18. Send a hand written note to someone you care about.
    19. Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful.
    20. Share 3 photos of things you find meaningful or memorable.
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. I
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about.
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of.
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today.
    25. Ask someone else what matters most to them and why.
    26. Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful.
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight.
    29. Today do something to car for the natural world.
    30. Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost.
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future.
    RVRita in NM
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Fed up with my cast and my sore ribs which makes everything twice as hard. I'm wondering whether I can make it up to the school and back tomorrow, give both girls dinner, eat something ourselves, (there will be nibbles at the party), and take them to the booklaunch in The Lanes by bus. My son has brought over their posh clothes to change into after school. The walk to school exhausts me on a normal day! I just am finding it tough doing very ordinary things. My fingers and arm get aches, and my ribs make many movements uncomfortable. Plus I have to think all the time about how I am going to do something one-handed.
    I may have to get a taxi one way, or let poor DH go on his own for the girls. I can then prepare their dinners and get myself ready for the booklaunch. I think that is about as much as I can manage.
    It is my DDIL'S book about recovery from trauma. I'm pleased to say that I don't feel as envious as I did last time! Just hope I can get through the evening.

Max had a good time. We went for pizza at Fatto a Mano, because that's what he wanted. Afterwards he was keen to go home, but said he didn't want to offend us by going home early. I said he should do what he wanted! All good. We walked back along the seafront, which I found knackering! My stamina is shot.

A good sleep is what I need. I had a long nap this afternoon after we got back. This morning, with Max, I fumigated the top room for carpet moths. It was fun lighting the fuse, but Max was very nervous, so I had to do it. It has aired out now, and I shall be sleeping up there. It's easier when I'm restless.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Allie—You are an excellent Grandmother. Your love of your grandchildren shines. Miles is a very lucky little boy. ⭐️ Tracy is lucky, too.

Katla
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,079 Member
    Options
    I hereby confess that I have been eating chocolate all day for no good reason. I have the willpower to stop. I just need to stop rationalizing one more serving. I can do this.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,027 Member
    Options
    Fed up with my cast and my sore ribs which makes everything twice as hard. I'm wondering whether I can make it up to the school and back tomorrow, give both girls dinner, eat something ourselves, (there will be nibbles at the party), and take them to the booklaunch in The Lanes by bus. My son has brought over their posh clothes to change into after school. The walk to school exhausts me on a normal day! I just am finding it tough doing very ordinary things. My fingers and arm get aches, and my ribs make many movements uncomfortable. Plus I have to think all the time about how I am going to do something one-handed.
    I may have to get a taxi one way, or let poor DH go on his own for the girls. I can then prepare their dinners and get myself ready for the booklaunch. I think that is about as much as I can manage.
    It is my DDIL'S book about recovery from trauma. I'm pleased to say that I don't feel as envious as I did last time! Just hope I can get through the evening.

Max had a good time. We went for pizza at Fatto a Mano, because that's what he wanted. Afterwards he was keen to go home, but said he didn't want to offend us by going home early. I said he should do what he wanted! All good. We walked back along the seafront, which I found knackering! My stamina is shot.

A good sleep is what I need. I had a long nap this afternoon after we got back. This morning, with Max, I fumigated the top room for carpet moths. It was fun lighting the fuse, but Max was very nervous, so I had to do it. It has aired out now, and I shall be sleeping up there. It's easier when I'm restless.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Your body is trying to tell you that you need a day or two of rest ... lying or sitting still.

Did you have your ribs checked when you went to the doctor?

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    Barbie—Gratitude is powerful and, as you said, is healthier and more cheerful. I like your point of view. ⭐️ 💖. 😊

Katla in Illinois

:)Katla, Between your health, your husband's health, and your move to Illinois, you have have had many challenges and disappointments, yet I hear gratitude in everything you post.

🌻💕🙂😺Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Nothing special today. I did make a chocolate cake for vince then made the icing for it. Took my walk around the block. Ceramics tonight. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD then go to Hamrick’s to see about some bras. Hopefully, I can get home in time to go in the pool some. It was nice and warm today but I needed to make the cake and ice it.

Tracey – like you, I’m having a hard time finding shoes lately. I don’t want more than a 1-1/2” heel and I don’t want a spikey heel, either. I don’t want those ballet slipper shoes, I understand they aren’t good for your feet. I just don’t think they look all that good. Love the rainbow!

Heather – big hugs

Lanette – I love hard boiled eggs in the IP

Allie – that sandbox is so cute. I do hope they put the bolts in the top. I’d hate to see the top blow off in the winter.

Had ceramics tonight.

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,079 Member
    Options
    I did my exercise: twenty-five minutes on the bike, sixty minutes of yoga, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking. So I am back in the exercise habit, and I worked off the chocolate, but I'm still not very pleased with my snacking. I know better.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options