WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to a trip to the library, lunch with friends, and a trip to Walmart. It will be a busy day.

After a windy & dusty day yesterday, we have the pleasure of a bright, sunshiny day today. Yay!

Katla in Illinois
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,666 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I think your nephew should have given up comfort for his Aunt.

Heather - I can’t wait to see the painting when you’ve finished it. I’m sure your brother will love it. Of course, you’ll do an amazing job.

Barbie - I need to adopt your gratitude attitude daily. I even bought a beautiful book for this year.

Debbie - it is pipe cleaners. I tried tying with invisible thread and it didn’t work well. I ended up using a drop of hot glue on each end and middle. Then I put it in the oven until they started melting together a little bit. I had the oven on 400 and they were in for about 3 minutes. I checked them every 30 seconds or so though. When they came out I made sure they were sticking by gently pushing any gaps together with fork handles. Also, tonight I realized I think my bottom element is gone so it may not take that long.

Tracey in Edmonton

My mom told me that I could sleep on the couch and my nephew would sleep in the other recliner(mom sleeps in her recliner most of the time). The problem was they both snore really loud.
    Earlier in the day, both of them were napping in the recliners and it was so loud, we couldn't hear the tv(and mom keeps it up pretty loud most of the time-laying in bed in the back of the house I could hear every word of the SVU show she was up watching)
    I had only had less than 4hrs sleep the night before and I just needed a quiet place to get some sleep-I have to be up early to drive home the next morning.
    It was very hard and got cold quite a few times but at least it was very quiet and dark in there.

Thanks for the instructions. I think Ezie will have fun making one

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today. Be kind to the disliked phlebotomist. :{

Debbie is there any hope your Mom can evict that roommate?

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

we are still hoping she tells her to leave. She wants her gone but doesn't want to have to tell her to leave. She is not going to leave on her own. She has it too good-free rent for over a year, using utilities constantly(tv/computer/lights are on all the time, well into the night).
    Mom knows how my sister and I feel about her too.
    It has to be her decision to tell her. The more we push her, the more she backs off the room mate.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Barbara - have you read any of Robyn Carr's books? I've just started on her "Thunder Point" series and it's set on the Oregon Coast near your neck of the woods. I'm well into the Virgin River series but waiting for a couple from the library so I can read them in order.

I'm getting to be a big fan of hers. ;) Bodice rippers have a come a long way!

I'm looking forward to the HOT weekend coming up, in the 90's, so I have an excuse to stay in the house and read, lol.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where I'm killing time in the office with Rosie while my cleaner is out there bustling around making my house look nice. :p

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Robyn Carr is one of my mom's favorites. I have enjoyed several of hers.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    Ugh came home yook a bitbof a nap still tired and cranky..
    Did get the little guy outside on my watch for a bit.8hjb71x7cykq.jpg
    c4umfc7p72qq.jpg
    tdyotusbkg2d.jpg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 58min 45sec, 78elev, 2.94ap, .96ahr, 120mhr, 6.08mi= 575c
    Strava app= 745c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr20min 49sec, 541elev, 107aw, 18.6amph, 108ahr, 133mhr, 25.10mi= 478c
    Strava app= 497c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 20min 50sec, 543elev, 107aw, 54arpm, 18.63amph, 25.1mi= 497c

Total cal 1053
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!
    Today I ate 1163 calories. Not bad. And I did twenty minutes on the bike and then my dumbbells. Yay! For a deficit of 322 Yay! I am back on track!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times. Will keep this in mind tomorrow.
    Mchka self-image and action article, much food for thought there.
    Ginny thanks! Will ask Joe to pass this info on to his new MD if his foot pain persists. Might be a challenge to find a compounding pharmacy nearby, but there’s one in Medford. For now, his pain is lessened with every day he’s been AF. :}
    Kylia good idea to change open hours/days. Lots of businesses are having to do it because of not being able to find staff or afford them if found.
    Debbie in your situation I’d have taken the pillow and blanket to my car. Less comfortable but quieter. ;) You are so right the decision must come from your mom. ((hugs)).
    Heather delighted to hear Johnny is stepping up to be your right hand. :love: that he even painted Bea and Edie’s nails. Like Lisa I wish he could be my grandpa too!
    Vicki here’s the boiled egg peeling hack https://youtu.be/Emf76tJiAew?t=4 Are there any other departments or sister companies from which you could draw temporary help?
    Lanette, just put volume 1 on hold at the library. Was looking for some light fiction. Thanks!
    Tracey prayers and ((hugs))
    Our line dance class is going to demo 3 dances at a local eldercare facility on Mother’s Day. The forecast is for 80F so I have to unpack Hawaiian shirt and white slacks from the off-season storage bag. Thankful they still fit ;)
    05/09: Move: 2 sets PT w/D, dogs to powerline, branch moving, line dancing, Jeopardy walking. steps:7938 so far.
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far:14+8 avocado, beets, black bean/lime soup, cashews, cranberry jalapeno jam, cucumber, hummus, maple syrup, oats, orange marmalade, peanut brittle, pecans, radishes, raisins, romaine, scallions, soy breakfast patties, sweet peppers-orange/red/yellow, walnuts, wheat-cookies. CI=1583 CO=561
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, fasting bloodwork, grantwriter info to board president, AF. Wt: 133.8

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.