WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Michele that plant has a very nice rounded form. I wonder if it got trimmed this spring and the flower buds cut off?

Annie in Delaware

This is what I thought too. Speaking from experience. Azalea buds come soon after blooming, so if you prune too late, the buds get cut off. The good news is, if it isn't pruned again this year, it should be loaded with blooms next year.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times. Will keep this in mind tomorrow.

Debbie in your situation I’d have taken the pillow and blanket to my car. Less comfortable but quieter. ;) You are so right the decision must come from your mom. ((hugs)).

05/09: Move: 2 sets PT w/D, dogs to powerline, branch moving, line dancing, Jeopardy walking. steps:7938 so far.
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far:14+8 avocado, beets, black bean/lime soup, cashews, cranberry jalapeno jam, cucumber, hummus, maple syrup, oats, orange marmalade, peanut brittle, pecans, radishes, raisins, romaine, scallions, soy breakfast patties, sweet peppers-orange/red/yellow, walnuts, wheat-cookies. CI=1583 CO=561
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, fasting bloodwork, grantwriter info to board president, AF. Wt: 133.8

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I had seriously thought about sleeping in my car but that would have really upset mom. Plus, it would have been realllly cold, as it was raining off and on. Plus the fact I need to lay down to sleep on my side so reclining in my car seat would not have been restful at all. If I wanted to lay down in the back seat, I would have had to move stuff of the back seat, including Ezie's car seat at almost midnight in the total dark.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 4min 20sec, 2.91ap, 113elev, 78ahr, 97mhr, 6.09mi= 554c
    Strava app = 746c
    Walk home to gym- 11.25min, .52mi= 50c
    Strava app= 64c
    Treadmill jog- 1hr 3min 11sec, 10.32min mi, 139ahr, 175mhr, 5.5speed 1st 4 songs, 5.6speed next 4 songs, 5.7speed next 4 songs, 5.8speed next 2 songs, then 6.0-8.0speed last songs, 6mi= 618c
    Walk gym to home- 11.28min, .60mi= 59c
    Strava app= 74c

Total cal 1281

I had to talk myself into running the 6 miles, ughh, but I did it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    Vicki - Great photo of your son and grandson. One proud granny!

I have a few pics from last night's book launch and the fruit of our efforts with the girls! :p
    boah0la7l8ki.jpg
    tdc4sttg9aad.jpg
    jog9w52x9auv.jpg

My friend G called in for a cup of tea this afternoon, on her way to a lecture at the university. Nice to see her.

We toddled out for fish and chips and then went to French Circle. It was about the Gorges du Tarn, in the South of France, where I holidayed 50 years ago! Loads of memories came flooding back of places we visited. We were camping, and I mainly remember a huge thunderstorm, with the thunder echoing down the gorge.

My stamina is very low at the moment. I tire very easily.

Our excursions leaflet arrived yesterday, so we spent the morning planning which trips to take. I will book them first thing tomorrow morning as the popular ones book up quickly. I hope we are not too late for the glacier trip. It all adds up to quite a lot of money, but it's once in a lifetime.

Now to do my Norwegian . I'm on a 70 day streak!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Hmmm ... I might have to look up her books. Especially that one.

I like her dress. My kind of colour.

And you need to rest and let your body heal.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Annie – no, the plant didn’t get trimmed. To be honest, I wouldn’t even know HOW to do it.

Kim – the extension office says that it is an azalea (news to me!). But they didn’t say how to encourage the flowers to grow. It’s located in the NNW corner of the house.

Flea – I’ve never pruned that azalea bush and it’s been like that for a few years. Wonder what I can do to encourage flower growth? I did send that question to the extension office. They did send me information about azaleas, but it didn’t address that question

Maybe I’ll go work on the jigsaw puzzle a bit and then hit the sack.

Allie – I agree that Miles needs to be with other children, even if only for a few days/week. And you need a break. He’s getting older and more rambunctious.

Michele NC
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Rosemarie— Thank you for your kind words. ❤️

I miss long-time dear friends in Oregon most of all. Thankfully I have made friends here, too.

Katla
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    Options
    Yes I will talk with Tracy after she gets home from work dont want to stress her out before work..
    Its 10:30 pm here and not asleep yet here is hoping I can get to sleep by 11.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,146 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Rori I know I’ve already mentioned Bone Broth but I really think it helps with inflammation. It may reduce your healing time. It would probably help Heather as well.
    8n1wul1dr1vv.jpeg
    I drink 2 cups a day.
    If you want more information let me know.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota