Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Machka - I am hoping calling the labor board does some good. I don’t think it will though. The last time someone called on her the board didn’t take it seriously.
    I have a very difficult time separating the years of how people are lazy and abusing the system if they go on stress leave and understanding that it is truly necessary.

Karen - thank you so much. I did all I could to have things organized for anyone needing to take over my duties. I have my doctors note now, I just need to send it in.

I had my doctors appointment today and I am officially on sick leave for 6 weeks. She actually is concerned about my stress level and wants me to really rest for a couple of weeks and not to worry about a job immediately. She will see me in 4 weeks and will probably extend it.

I sent the letter off at 830 this evening and I’m shutting my phone off over night.

I am still having palpitations and a terrible feeling of dread. It will probably take some time to get over it.

Tracey in Edmonton

Moving to Australia helped me feel comfortable with the idea of taking time off. There's not the 'work till you drop' attitude here. People are encouraged to take all kinds of leave ... annual leave, sick leave (including stress leave), carer's leave, personal development and study leave, long service leave, etc. etc.

I am glad that you are getting a decent chunk of leave now. Are you able to go somewhere for that first week or two ... like a shoulder season trip to the mountains or something?

At the very least make sure you enjoy the great outdoors ... go for walks in the spring sunshine. :)

I would recommend contacting your EAP organisation as well and seeing if you can set up an appointment with a psychologist or similar as well.

Machka in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    For bruises and falls I am a fan of Arnica as long as you are not on a blood thinner. I used it after my fall and gave it to DrewB after she hurt her leg falling off a curb wrong.

(((Tracey)))

Over did yesterday because we had a nice day. I did stop and stretched more and drank more water. Also took Bach flower remedy before bed. Only one minor cramp during the night. I need to remember to pace myself and keep saying to myself it will get done. Part of putting in extra it was not buggy. The mosquitoes will be here within the next week!

When I make choices in a field of many I try to eliminate as many of the choices as I can to get it down to three. I make my choice from those and try to make peace with the opportunity cost. The opportunity cost is the choice you gave up in making the choice you did. I learned that in the economic workshop for teaching economics for children. Some decisions are easier to process than others. For the most part I am usually happy with the decisions I make today because I have a firmer grasp of what I am looking for before making a choice.

Allie I can hear how much you enjoy taking care of Miles. I agree with others that to keep that enjoyment it is better to cut back to two to three days a week. If you end up sick or worse because of how much it takes to watch him now then the choice will be taken from you. You still will be saving your daughter money and having Miles will continue to be a joy. Miles is your daughter's responsibility. Your job is to be the grandma.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    A thought from Dr Rangan Chatterjee. I am finding that all the mini decisions that I have to make every second of the day, instead of living naturally, is extremely tiring. Plus the nag of pain, like a headache. But I really can't do anything without having to think about it. And having to give it several tries.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

That's one of the reasons why some of us are encouraging you to be still for a couple days. Relax. Put your feet up. Rest. Get more sleep. Be comfortable.

Give your body the best conditions in which to recover for a day or two.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hello Group 🌷

I joined My Fitness Pal in May. Looking to improve my health, strength, daily energy and lose weight. I have joined two challenges for motivation and accountability. I am over 50, married, ma and gma..aka my profile name.

@fanncy0626 I am intrigued by your thoughts on bone broth.

Not sure someone mentioned Virgin River Books. I have the first few books, that I haven’t started yet. I loved the series on Netflix.

lightstrongma
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hello Group 🌷

Not sure someone mentioned Virgin River Books. I have the first few books, that I haven’t started yet. I loved the series on Netflix.

lightstrongma

Welcome!

I also love the series. The books are so much better. I have read them all.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Tracey ... I know the anxiety of overthinking a decision. Stop. You have done the right thing! Hugs.

Beth
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    2023 Mindful May

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate a walk around the lake.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 1/15 100%,100%,80%,73%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 5/31 (84%,86%,94%,93%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 0/31 (93%)
    Arm weights twice a week 0/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%)
    Meditation: daily. 5/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 3/8–(100%,100%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 10818, 8171 (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 51/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%should be 86 by June1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)40/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4 (100%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 10/25 (100%,88%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 18/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 )(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200 (100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. I need to think about this and plot! I gave my son a gift card to Netflix. He needed something to make him smile.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. I will try. Did this.
    3. Take a step toward an important goal no matter how small. I have to think about this. I did not buy beer today. Working on not enabling my DH.
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together. DONE!
    5. Let someone know how much they mean to you and why. It’s my brother’s 59’th birthday today. Going to call him. We never really call each other.
    6. Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful. Will do! And found them all over all day!
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why. Did this in my journal.
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today. Do this every day
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today. Will try.
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times. It is hard right now but trying.
    11. Look around for things that give you a sense of awe and wonder. There is plenty here at the park. Wondering how a cave could turn into a lake.m6gkzjyornor.jpeg

Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you.
    13. Find out about the values or traditions of another country.
    14. Get outside and notice the beauty in nature.
    15. Do something to contribute to your local community.
    16. Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better.
    17. Find a way to make what you do today meaningful.
    18. Send a hand written note to someone you care about.
    19. Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful.
    20. Share 3 photos of things you find meaningful or memorable.
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. I
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about.
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of.
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today.
    25. Ask someone else what matters most to them and why.
    26. Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful.
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight.
    29. Today do something to car for the natural world.
    30. Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost.
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future.
    RVRita in NM
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Thanks dear friends ,I know you have my best interest at heart..im going to talk to her when she gets home today to see what she can figure out.