WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    I woke up early and finished my DDIL 's book. I really enjoyed it, especially the stories of the trauma recoverees. It's got some great advice and a lot of insight. However, like all these books, it is probably most useful when you are on the upside curve of the recovery. Or when you are helping someone through trauma. That's not a criticism of her book, it's just a fact about books in general. You are seeing the whole picture, from the point of view of the recovered, or recovering. When you are in it, you need a different kind of help.
    That said, I felt it was really good, and had a lot of useful advice.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I think I will check out your DDIL's book. My sister is going through some major emotional trauma right now. In fact, I feel it is still leftover from her ex-husband who hurt her tremendously, several years ago. I think she feels she can no longer trust men and it's making her current life very difficult. I don't really know how to help her. I really wish she would seek out a good therapist, but she's fearful of the cost...and again the healthcare/insurance system in the U.S. is not great about that sort of thing.

Tina in CA
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Allie sorry that Tracy is being so mean to you. Stay strong because you are important and so is your health. Your daughter will come around.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Heather ... I keep forgetting to comment on the photo of your family at Jessamy's book launch. Everyone looked so grown up! Love the words of wisdom there on page 283. Congratulations to all!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    8qp6p2li6rdf.jpg
    Well she can't be to mad she sent me this picture of Miles this afternoon..
    I told her that I have to take care of myself or there wont be a mom or a grandma to worry about..right now she has a tag sale to get ready for tomorrow and Carmine going to prom tomorrow night.. so lots on her plate.
    Tom proposed to Elena on Christmas but they didn't want to say anything..
    Well I say good for them whatever makes them happy..
    Had a lovely time out with the girls had a sangria and a slice of pizza and will be going to see where the crawdad sings next door.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    My brain is mush, but a few comments – and to everyone else I thought of you as I read and sent loads of love your way.

Allie – Everyone else has said some of what I think, but I also think that based on what you have said; Kyle will be pissed and will put all the responsibility to fix this on Tracy and expect her to find daycare that is convenient and free; just like you have provided. So Tracy is lashing out at you, because you are safe to lash out at (she knows you will still love her). Yes I agree with others that this will work though, it will be tough on that family and you have no responsibility, but I understand that you would like to wave a magic wand and make it all better. But as Lisa said so clearly you having a massive heart attack will not be helpful to anyone. You suffered abuse by Tom and it sounds like Tracy is suffering abuse from Kyle, the sooner they figure this out and stop the cycle of abuse the better.

Heather - The family pictures, the art work by all, is so delightful.

Pip I like the new fountain, but also liked the wine barrel one, has it stopped working? Or just ready for a change??

Rita – sending hugs

Tracey - I had a boss like yours years ago I would get about ½ of the way to work and would have to pull to the side of the road to vomit my stomach was in such a state – almost every day. One day a police officer pulled in behind me to see if I was ok, and I told him what was going on and I was sorry, I hoped it was not considered littering. He was so upset with the situation that he told me to call our Employee assistance program and get out of there that day. And that he would be calling the next day to check. I did they took me out for 16 weeks, and during that time the boss was fired, the company offered me some compensation in return for not suing and I went back to work for them for 4 more years. It was a huge tech company, with many layers above that supervisor but I have always been thankful to that police officer – who never did call by the way… but it was the kick in the butt I needed.

Thinking of you all.
    Kim
    In N. California

That one still works, we are going to put that one in front
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Oh, Alli. Take a deep breath. Remember mother's day is just a commercial holiday. I can't tell you how many times my family has forgotten it. It's okay. You are still a wonderful mother and a caring human being. I love Margaret's suggestions. Create your own special day, and if no one cares to join you, their loss.

We love you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    12. Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you. OK will fire up the ol’ turntable, but Ah, what to choose? Handel’s Messiah? Jefferson Airplane? Wm Tell Overture? Simon and Garfunkel?

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

I also enjoy an eclectic selection of music. :):)

M in Oz