<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased to say I have more energy today. First time since the accident. I feel lighter and not so weighed down. My body feels more my friend.
    Don't worry, lovely folks, I'm not going to suddenly overdo things, but it's nice to feel near normal.

This afternoon we have a pre-booked gig at the Spiegel Tent for the Brighton Festival. It's live big band with lindy hop and swing/jive dancing. As we have tickets I booked ages ago, we will go, and I can either jig about a little, or just sit and listen to some of my favourite music. We went once before the pandemic and there are exhibition dancers of an amazing standard.
    We haven't been jive dancing since 2020, because the venue moved away, so DH feels self-conscious even having a go. Luckily, this time, any dancing will be almost non-existent! :p

My son has just been round to pick up 'Zelda-Tears of the Kingdom' for Max. :p

Spoken to my friend G.

All is good.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I heard from two different friends yesterday. It was wonderful to hear from them. I’ll share what I learned from them with DH and our son & daughter.

I am ready for a cup of coffee & breakfast this morning & expect to call our son to let him know what we learned about our house in Oregon. He may already know the situation.

Katla

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I have unsubscribed from 2 regularly occurring emails today.

I would have unsubscribed from more, but it is proving to be surprisingly difficult.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) My walking friend is leaving today for an Alaska cruise with her daughters so I'll be walking by myself (with Bessie and audio book). What that means to me is that I didn't set my alarm and I lay about in bed almost 45 minutes later than on a usual morning when I have a scheduled meeting time with her. While she's gone, I'll water her yard for her because it is unusually hot here.

:) When my mother was alive I made sure to do something special for her. She's been gone for more than 30 years. Since then I honor her every time I dance, balance my checkbook, do my income tax, tell her jokes, or cook her recipes.

:) Jake would love to do something special for me for Mothers Day, but since I don't like cards, gifts, or going to restaurants he leaves it alone and lets me do whatever I want. His kids call me every few years and say "you know I call for Mothers Day every year" They are much more concerned about their mother whom they honor greatly.

:) Hot weather here so I'll work in the yard early.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    pip- that is such a drag for Kirby - I hope the MRI offers up some help.

Kim in N. California
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Pip—DH has similar problem’s & understands Kirby’s situation all to well. He doesn’t have advice, just personal experience and understanding. (((HUGS to Kirby and to you)))

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    Oh, Alli. Take a deep breath. Remember mother's day is just a commercial holiday. I can't tell you how many times my family has forgotten it. It's okay. You are still a wonderful mother and a caring human being. I love Margaret's suggestions. Create your own special day, and if no one cares to join you, their loss.

We love you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

a few years ago, my dh told me that he didn't feel he needed to do anything for me on Mother's Day because I was not HIS mom. That is my son's job.
    It has been that way for quite a while so I got used to it but mad when I heard him say (when we thought Nick was really gone) that he had ordered him something for Father's day. He said he gets things for Nick for Father's day because his family doesn't.
    He really doesn't get it at all.
    Waiting to see if he does anything tomorrow- one of his friends called him out on it.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Pip - Many, many hugs of sympathy for Kirby. This is my daily life right now, and I truly understand the reluctance to wear a diaper. It feels like giving up, and the thought is just really hard on who you think you are. I hope there is a medical resolution for him.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Of course you didn't raise her this way, Allie, but you're not cowtowing to her needs right now you're making her deal with things all by herself... because she knows that Kyle's basically, well, yeah. She'll have to get him to step up all by herself, which sorta leaves her all by herself. Ditto what KJ said! Parenting is hard! And you've done it already. It is not your responsibility to parent your grandchild. I know that you'll miss Miles. My heart goes out to you. I think Kim is right too. Mom's are always the easiest people to take our anger out on. Especially when we're the most helpful in the first place.
    It took our oldest daughter, Lacy, to finally get Anne to understand how much she was taking advantage of us once she was home. And even that took a LONG time and many, short, very tactful conversations on Lacy's part. Anne's very thick-headed.

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    chilly this morning so enjoying my tea. Have the ladies Mother's and daughter's brunch this morning at church.-starts in an hour. One of the members is an amazing chef so everyone always looks forward to when Arvel cooks. The men, including the pastor will help cook and serve. There will be a guest speaker after. Not sure who this year.

Dh asked me to walk MIL's dog this afternoon while he cuts her hair. I haven't walked him in a long time so I am ok with it plus need to get my steps in.

Hit 20,000 steps or more three of the past five days, almost 17K Tuesday(only 5 on Thursday). Really hoping the scale moves at least a little in the right direction this week.
    Ezie only has a few more weeks of school then I won't be able to walk the wetlands before picking her up like I have been. I will need to get up a lot earlier and walk the neighborhood some mornings and get someone to walk in the evenings when I don't have class. May have to resort to clearing off the treadmill and using it or the bike.

Church by myself tomorrow. Son apologized because he has to work tomorrow to fill in for someone on family emergency leave.
    I will call my mom but won't see her- was with her all last weekend.

Need to find some stretches to help my back. It isn't bad when I am standing or walking but sitting down gets really bad that I have to get up immediately. The Voltarin cream helps some, as does the heating pad.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA