WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hey has anyone tried any of the mushroom coffees, yet? Ryze or Mud/Wtr. More importantly, do you like it?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    7p982qstftk1.jpg
    The view of Bergen from the top of the mountain that DH walked up this morning. He also went out again this afternoon! :*;)
    He is dozing at the moment, listening to music.

I went to linedancing. The tour this morning was pretty good and I learnt a lot.

Going to give my diet and alcohol consumption some serious thought. The cruise regime suits me, apart from the alcohol. We have so enjoyed our fine wine and champagne, but that will have to be restrained. Definitely going to cut back on carbs. I've ordered lots of salads and protein for the day we get back and will think of an alternative to our lunch time sandwich. DH loves it and can continue, but I must try something else. I'm not cutting it out altogether, but being mindful.

Tonight formal and tomorrow our last sea day.

Ginny - so glad you saw the grandchildren. o:)

KJ- lovely to hear from you ❤️ 😊

Love Heather xxxxxxxx who is just about to wash her hair.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Worked. It’s hot outside so I’ll probably go in the pool and then go for a walk. Probably in the pool after the walk...lol After dinner I’ll probably string some more popcorn. Hopefully, it won’t be as hot

katla – you seem so happy, I’m happy for you. I remember saving jars, putting holes in the lids, and the kids catching fireflies.

Tracey – you have a very artistic family. Love the bag

Lori – welcome

Happy 4th of July to everyone who celebrates

Ginny – welcome back

Jess called to say that the Sheetz gas station by her was selling gas for $1.70/gallon as special for 4th of July and it was her understanding that it was all Sheetz stations. So I went by the one by me. Was the line ever long! Reminded me of the 70’s. I’d just bought gas Sunday so I wasn’t going to sit in that line.

Michele NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    July 2023 Jump Back Up
    Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate my country.
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%, 93%

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 3/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%, 100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 123/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83%, 100% should be 137 by August 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)56/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 2/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%,93%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 24/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Take a small step to help overcome a problem or worry. I am working on helping my son through this tough time by being in contact with his case worker and tracking his location.
    2. Adopt a growth mindset. Change “I can’t” into “I can’t…yet”. I try to never use those words. I follow Yoda’s ‘Do or not, there is no try”
    3. Be willing to ask for help when you need it. I will. My back hurts today so will easily ask for help when I need it.
    4. Find something to look forward to today.
    5. Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time.
    6. Pause, breathe, and feel your feet firmly on the ground.
    7. Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy.
    8. Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today.
    9. Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture.
    10. Reach out to someone you trust and share your feelings with them.
    11. Look for something positive in a difficult situation.
    12. Write you worries down and save them for a specific “worry time”.
    13. Challenge negative thoughts. Find an alternative interpretation.
    14. Get outside and move to help clear your head.
    15. Set yourself an achievable goal and take the first step.
    16. Find fun ways to distract yourself from unhelpful thoughts.
    17. Use one of your strengths to overcome a challenge today.
    18. Let go of the small stuff and focus on the things that matter.
    19. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
    20. When things go wrong, pause and be kind to yourself.
    21. Identify what helped you get through a tough time in your life.
    22. Find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down.
    23. Remember that all feelings and situations pass in time.
    24. Choose to see something good about what has gone wrong.
    25. Notice when you are being judge mental and be kind instead.
    26. Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath.
    27. Write down 3 things you are grateful for (even if today was hard).
    28. Think about what you can learn about a recent problem.
    29. Be a realistic optimist. Focus on what could go right.,
    30. Reach out to a friend, family member, or colleague for support.
    31. Remember we all struggle at times. It’s part of being human.
    RVRita in NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July!!! It is early in the day, and I hope to see fireworks after dark.

Katla in Illinois
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    :)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Krkatie – if you walk one time 500 steps then are in a meeting, does your Fitbit count that as 2 hours?

Michele NC
    who took the walk (it’s 2 miles, I didn’t think it was that far) and strung popcorn

No. The purpose is to have you walk at least 250 steps every hour. You don’t benefit from frequent movement if you do it all at one time. To get maximum benefit, you want to go for both longevity and frequency. That’s why my movement goal is not just 10,000 steps but 10,000 plus 8/10 hours of moving. The 250 per hour does count toward your 10,000 total. Does this make sense?
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Fireflies i’ve been seeing a lot of fireflies this summer. I don’t remember seeing them in the past few years. I don’t know if there is a reason for this or if I’m just been unobservant.

Oikos yogurt. Just a point of clarification. The triple zero is okay, but I much prefer the Oikos Pro. It does have 140 calories on its own, but it also has 20 g of protein. It is harder to find than the triple zero, though.

House Cleaner Woes a friend is visiting Thursday, I have commitments all day tomorrow, so I planned to spend today cleaning since it is a holiday. My housecleaner texted saying they were working today, leaving tomorrow for their vacation, and asked would it be ok if they cleaned since it was their regularly scheduled Tuesday. I jumped on the opportunity. They are usually here by 9. It is 1:20 and they are still not here. They texted at 10:30 saying they were behind but would be here shortly. Dave is, of course, beyond ticked off and ready to fire them. I do not want to have to break in a new one. I was perfectly fine with doing it myself this time until they said they were coming. First world problems, I know, but still…..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    So pretty Pip!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Outside bike ride- 2hrs37min 16sec, 697elev, 60aw, 12amph, 129ahr, 158mhr, 31.56mi= 1150c
    Strava app= 636c

1st time riding up to millerton lake entrance

sg15ea6b1fon.jpeg
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    I am a social drinker. As that if my sister has a glass of wine, I usually did too. But when I am home here, I don't drink. I do in the holidays when I might treat me to a bottle of tawny port. Then I try to make it last a month. If I go out for dinner, I sometimes order a nice white wine like pinot grigio. Its rare that I finish it though. I just get such a wiped out feeling the next day, its just not worth it. I can get a buzz from non alcoholic beer so I'm quite a lightweight. I'm not a cheap date, I'm just economical. 😂🙃

Last night I video chatted with my eldest sister. I happened to be sitting kind of in the dark, watching the fireworks around the neighborhood go off. So it looked like I was about to tell her a scary story.😳😂
    We agreed that our sister seems to have a lot of unresolved issues. (An understatement of the year). Its amazing what a person holds onto when they don't process trauma. Both from the passing of each of our parents there are things my middle sister resents and is bitter about. Let it go. I realize every person processes differently, and I respect that. But when you hear things brought up from years ago, its just a saved grief. A bit of mental gristle you cough up and try to process. That's a crazy mental.picture eh?

The other day I made graham cracker cookies for husband and I. Its just sugar free chocolate frosting and graham crackers. The secret is putting the filled crackers in a plastic bag that's opened and not sealed. Husband likes the crackers soft and the frosting a little hard. I whipped up the frosting with the beaters and it makes like twice the amount than you get in the tub. Like I need more frosting...😒😳😂. I have been sneaking spoonfuls like a weirdo these past days.

Tonight is some steak and broccoli, with a salad. 💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,458 Member
    Options
    I have been utterly sulf-indulgent today, streaming Father Brown Mysteries all of this holiday morning. I enjoy them, and I get so wrapped up in the characters and stories. Lovely, peaceful day.

What's funny is I've seldom gotten addicted to any form of television, and that's because I've been a reader all my life, drowning myself in books at every opportunity... I looked at TV as a lesser thing.

I don't necessarily think TV has completely improved that much, but lately, these stories make me feel the same way as books once did... entirely absorbed, episode by episode. It's an interesting development at this stage of my life, finding how much my own thought process has changed.

I've watched so many (starting on Season 7 now...) that it's possible that I'm developing a faint British accent... :wink: Ah well... there are worse things.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    I have been utterly sulf-indulgent today, streaming Father Brown Mysteries all of this holiday morning. I enjoy them, and I get so wrapped up in the characters and stories. Lovely, peaceful day.

What's funny is I've seldom gotten addicted to any form of television, and that's because I've been a reader all my life, drowning myself in books at every opportunity... I looked at TV as a lesser thing.

I don't necessarily think TV has completely improved that much, but lately, these stories make me feel the same way as books once did... entirely absorbed, episode by episode. It's an interesting development at this stage of my life, finding how much my own thought process has changed.

I've watched so many (starting on Season 7 now...) that it's possible that I'm developing a faint British accent... :wink: Ah well... there are worse things.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Lisa - I'm half way through Season 10 of Father Brown and will probably resume episode 5 this afternoon when the thermometer hits 93. :# I won't drop a spoiler if you haven't watched Season 10 other than to say there are some new characters, and I like them.

Yesterday I finished Season 9 - Endeavour, the Final Season on PBS. Those of you in the UK have probably already watched it. For a few seasons, it was pretty dark. The last episode of Season 9 is suprising. And good.

Lanette