AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,542 Member
    Options
    Aug total: 5.6/100 miles

The weather is a carbon copy of misery for the next 10-12 days so I will likely start splitting my runs.

Oh gosh, this is how I would describe the weather here. But it's cold (some mornings I feel like turning the heating on because it's just 18C inside), stormy, randomly starts raining or hailing several times per day with the occasional thunder inbetween. Want to swap?
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    it's cold (some mornings I feel like turning the heating on because it's just 18C inside), stormy, randomly starts raining or hailing several times per day with the occasional thunder inbetween. Want to swap?

Are you in Buenos Aires? Cape Town? Sydney? South Pole?
  • yirara
    Options
    it's cold (some mornings I feel like turning the heating on because it's just 18C inside), stormy, randomly starts raining or hailing several times per day with the occasional thunder inbetween. Want to swap?

Are you in Buenos Aires? Cape Town? Sydney? South Pole?

You'd think so, but it's Germany :D This has been the weather for the past two weeks or so, and the next two won't be much different. Normally you'd expect 24-30C with occasional short thunderstorms.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

The weather is a carbon copy of misery for the next 10-12 days so I will likely start splitting my runs.

Oh gosh, this is how I would describe the weather here. But it's cold (some mornings I feel like turning the heating on because it's just 18C inside), stormy, randomly starts raining or hailing several times per day with the occasional thunder inbetween. Want to swap?

Yes, please. It's 10pm and it's 31.3C inside my living room right now.
  • yirara
    Options

Yes, please. It's 10pm and it's 31.3C inside my living room right now.

That was my last summer here :D It's like a 13C temperature difference inside at times. Totally crazy.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,095 Member
    Options
    August 1: Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 1.50 miles

2.50/80 mile goal

I went down for a treadmill session before work. I had meant to get in at least 3 miles, but I got up late and was slow getting going and then I fell down the social media rabbit hole a bit, so by the time I started, I only had 30-45 min.

I decided to run 15 ish and walk 15 ish. I did a run walk of 3 x (4/1 min at 5.5/3.8 mph), 5.5 mph for 2:31 min. That was 1.50 miles and a mile walk total for warm up and cool down. My avg pace for the run was 11:41 min/mile. Avg HR was 131 with a max of 145. Not a horrible start to August.