AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,330 Member
    @yirara Great running today. I normally have the opposite problem, can't run fast enough, not matter how hard I try. :wink:

Thanks @kgirlhart ! You did great with that run. Glad you had at least one sprinkler to cool you down.
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks @Scott6255 ! So sorry about your brother's house. Glad they were in the lower level and are okay.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    Yikes @Scott6255 - that is terrible! I hope they were able to get the tree off and the holes covered so everything doesn't get soaked and ruined! Does homeowners insurance cover damage like that? We don't worry too much about anything like that happening here with the biggest issue being earthquakes.

@quilteryoyo - I am so glad you were spared and able to get home ok! Hobbes will bark sometimes at things being out of place and new ones that he is not expecting. When a big palm frond falls he goes cautiously up to it to check it out like it might eat him but he doesn't bark. He won't go out at all when it is there if one of us don't go with him 😂 such silly dogs!
  • quilteryoyo
    Hahaha @shanaber about Hobbes and the palm fronds. Tippy became more brave when I went out with her. I never thought about not having severe storms when I lived in CA, but now that you mention it, I don't recall any. So weird. To be honest though, I'd rather deal with storms than earthquakes. At least with them you have a warning that they are coming.

Nice running @chris_in_cal . Enjoy your weekend.

Hahaha @tarun_yadavA ! I had to look up ballache. That is not I word I have ever heard before.
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks @Teresa502 ! You are so consistent with your running! Sweet about the deer. Their babies are really cute.

Great running in that heat @kgirlhart ! As I said before, I don't know how you do it. I guess dogs like the status quo. :lol:

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    I think I'm on a roll!
    Great! That's the magic of posting in this thread.

It has warmed all the way up to 20C! Some summer warmth for you.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,836 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    I think I'm on a roll!
    Great! That's the magic of posting in this thread.

It has warmed all the way up to 20C! Some summer warmth for you.

Aww, thanks a lot chris! Looks like I left the summer Scotland temperature and am moving slowly southwards :D I think the weather is getting towards summer-ish from the coming weekend :p Seriously, there were a few morning where I was close to turning the heating on.