AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    :D

:D:D That’s exactly what it feels like sometimes!

@shanaber Glad to see you out and about.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    Aug total: 37/100 miles

8/1: 5.6 miles
    8/2: 3.3 miles
    8/5: 10 miles
    8/7: 7 miles
    8/10: 6 miles
    8/11: 5.1 miles

The DOMS has set in. Wow, I haven’t been this sore in a while. As rough as basic things like standing up, sitting down, and walking stairs are right now, running isn’t terrible. It took the good part of the first mile for my legs to start moving normally and my stride to feel right, but the running seems to help work out some of the soreness. Part of my warm-up are these skips. It was hilarious trying to do those this morning. My feet were barely leaving the ground. Absolutely no power in those muscles. Conditions were still gross this morning, but with my legs feeling less terrible and a bit of cloud cover, this run was better. My HR still crept up higher than I would have liked but overall lower than yesterday and I didn’t need walk breaks to keep it down.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Great walk and glad you had a cool-ish day for it. I hope you continue to feel well until your next treatment.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA !

Great run @martaindale ! Glad your legs loosened up after you got going. Funny that you can run, but can't walk or stand up. LOL I've had weird things like that happen too - sometimes my knees will hurt when I'm doing my warm up walk, but as soon as I start running, they feel great.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - You and I are both hanging out for the friendship and encouragement and I think there are others who are too but just not posting. It is just such a great community!
    Love the orchids! Wow - I have a similar one that a friend recently gave me, same color flowers and another that my SIL gave me last year that had flowers, went dormant and hasn't gotten any new flowers. I set it next to the new one in hopes it would get encouragement to flower from it 😊

@AlphaHowls - those night shots are amazing! So clear with that setting that you found! I am wondering if there is anything similar on the iPhone - will have to do some research. Also I hope you are safe from the flooding! That looks pretty intense. Are the elephants all safe from it?