AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    Yeah for your walks @shanaber ! I hope the kitchen renovations get done quickly and correctly this time.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . Try to not overdo too much at your mom's. I think you need a lock for her refrigerator and freezer. :lol: (One you don't have a key to.)

Nice run @Scott6255 !

I love that you split up your runs @martaindale. Happy Birthday to your husband. Most birthday's don't bother me either, but I did run my first 10K when I turned 50, I think to prove to myself that I wasn't really old. LOL

@polskagirl01 Glad to see your walk. Your husband did a great job! Those flowers are beautiful!

@AlphaHowls The camera setting made such a huge difference! Great running. We've had some flooding like that this past week. I hope it wasn't too bad and drains soon. Love your back yard, btw!

@shanaber Laughed at hoping your new orchid will encourage to old one to bloom. :lol: I hope it works though.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Got in another 5Miler (08"59).
    @Scott6255 thanks for the kind words. I'm trying not to get carried away... Though think I should regulate longer distance/speed ones with some slower ones. Sat out the running club this weekend.
    @quilteryoyo haha! The carnage wasn't too bad. There was a cinnamon roll after lunch. I knew that was coming so I just had one piece of toast with my eggs instead of two (doesn't cancel out but lessens blow). There was mint choc chip ice cream in the freezer so had that after dinner. Don't know about anyone else... But once I've had mint (and dark choc mint at that), I struggle to eat/enjoy anything sweet after that. Like you can't go from dark choc mint to say, a white twix? Right?? (Or it's just me lol)

Happy Sunday!

PS: *one of my Top5 desserts... Has to be that Cinnamon Swirl Cinnabon Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory! 🤤
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA Don't hate, but I am not a mint person, so would pass on the dark chocolate mint. White twix sounds good though. :wink:
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @quilteryoyo no nothing to hate on! 😊
    I love white chocolate... Not a lot of desserts I dislike TBH

Just saying once you got that minty flavour in your mouth, it's hard to switch to something else
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Morning all
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
    I got in a 6.5M run (09"09).

@summerskier well aren't you the budget cutting party pooper lol
    (I think you're right... I could be wrong but I think most states that have the death penalty did away with the final meal thing)

@shanaber thanks for the kind words! I like to 'Run see' ... Get those steps in, get a sweat on and take a few selfies of significant landmarks all in one go!
    We did have Mint KitKats here as a limited edition... Was it the big chunky one or the smaller two finger/four finger ones? I'll keep an eye out

@AlphaHowls molasses cookies sound interesting. Like a caramel-y sugar cookie? Is it chewy or crunchy?

Banana pudding... Southern style... yes Ma'am! Had in Birmingham Alabama whilst on my Roadtrip. Went down a treat after copious beers then BBQ smothered in white sauce! 😊

@kgirlhart key lime pie! Yesss!
    (Though I do love coconut!) Love Bounty chocolate bars here (I think you guys have it branded as Almond joy !)

@themrwobbly had a limited edition Eton Mess Magnum Ice-cream bar? Does that count lol
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls molasses cookies sound interesting. Like a caramel-y sugar cookie? Is it chewy or crunchy?

Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

Seeing you guys running in that heat, I can't decide if you are amazing or bonkers! I would guess a good mix :smiley:

I am going with bonkers, but I love the heat. It's the cold that devastates me