AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I have not run that race. It would probably be fun though. Do you know when it is? Not that I can't look it up. 🤣. Haha about the one food for the rest of your life.

@shanaber So glad you are feeling good, almost normal today. I hope you and Hobbes both enjoy agility class tonight!

Nice run @martaindale !

You'll get there @yirara .
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,541 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo aww, thank a lot. Love your encouragement <3<3<3
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    @shanaber wrote: »

After being totally and completely exhausted last night I woke up feeling great. Dare I say, normal??

Wait! What? Is our goal to be normal?! :D

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I have not run that race. It would probably be fun though. Do you know when it is? Not that I can't look it up. 🤣. Haha about the one food for the rest of your life.
    It was held in June last year but I don't see where they had it this year. I hope they haven't discontinued it. Mark Skeleton law office was the organizer/sponsor. He usually has about 4 races each year (Surgoinsville 10-Miler and a couple up at Bays Mountain).
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @martaindale - I had the same thought on @tarun_yadavA's post about the BBQ. Only thing I could think of was chicken fried steak with country gravy and he thought it was BBQ or it was served along with BBQ? 😂 😂

@AlphaHowls - while 'normal' may be a stretch goal since I wasn't before, it is nice to not feel like I have been run over by a truck recently 😁

@polskagirl01 - so glad you got to have a date with your husband and sit outside a bit even though at 90 I would say that is hot. I am a firm believer that getting out in the sunshine, works wonders for jet lag and getting your body back into its circadian rhythm.

On all the food comments - I think we may need to have a recipe section... Molasses Ginger Cookies, Banana Macadamia Nut cake - yum! I also love lime bars! our neighbor has a very prolific lime tree, more than they or there family can use so lime bars! I also have a family and friend favorite that is requested all the time but one that isn't my favorite because it it way too sweet for me, Rocky Road Fudge Bars with brownie base, a baked in cream cheese nut middle, followed by melted chocolate chips and of course melted marshmallows and more chocolate on top.

It seems the Eton Mess is like what I would call a trifle here or even a berry shortcake.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    Cool shoes @TheMrWobbly . You're close to be half way to your goal. You can do it.

Great run @tarun_yadavA ! When did you do a 48 state BBQ tour? BBQ isn't my favorite food, so maybe I could do a 48 state Chicken Alfredo tour. :lol:

Nice run @Scott6255 !

Happy Happy Birthday @SummerSkier ! I hope you have a great day! For those who don't know, bON does, my mom's birthday is today too. She's 88 and going strong.