AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's exactly my POV @kgirlhart. Happy anniversary!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @Laurz9191

Glad you had a great trip! 😊

And love the photos... And the grandparents story! 😊
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Happy Anniversary @kgirlhart! Hope you have a nice long weekend with the one you love. Happy belated anniversary to you also @Scott6255!

@Laurz9191 – Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a great time. I would love to thru hike the JMT also. I would say hiking with a 3-year old on your shoulders is much harder than a full backpack! What a nice tribute to your grandparents.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    What a treat @Laurz9191 both the story and the pictures are lovely.
    I'm super inspired about hiking up Vernal Falls with a gremlin attached to your head. You are amazing!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,884 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls we have so much food talk I was thinking a REAL CHOCOLATE bunny.... 😳🤣😂 Not sure I like all the stories but you definitely have some crazy adventures..... 😳
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Wow that's crazy @AlphaHowls how many wild animal encounters you have had! I guess chaos is drawn to you ;)

Really great story of your grandparents and awesome pictures of Yosemite @Laurz9191 :)
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    18.08 Fri 27°C 7.0km 62min 8:48/km
    Far too hot and humid today...

For all my Texas sisters and brother (☀️40°C-105°F ☀️), I can sense your sympathy.

B)

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    18.08 Fri 27°C 7.0km 62min 8:48/km
    Far too hot and humid today...

For all my Texas sisters and brother (☀️40°C-105°F ☀️), I can sense your sympathy.

B)

Oh yeah, I do believe you. I started running in the Middle East and my hottest running temperature was around 41C. After sunset. It's doable with enough water and by getting used to it as temperature rises from spring to summer. But going from 23C to 40C in one go would be killing.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,884 Member
    Options
    I would greatly enjoy 23c (73 deg f) to run in Right now it's about 80 in the morning when I run. I do see folks out running in the 40C sometimes when I am playing tennis (in the shade) but I am not hardy enough to run in the heat of the daytime here. And yeah you can sense how sympathetic us Texans are to your poor 23C hot run... Hahahahaha.😇😇😇
  • yirara
    Options
    I would greatly enjoy 23c (73 deg f) to run in Right now it's about 80 in the morning when I run. I do see folks out running in the 40C sometimes when I am playing tennis (in the shade) but I am not hardy enough to run in the heat of the daytime here. And yeah you can sense how sympathetic us Texans are to your poor 23C hot run... Hahahahaha.😇😇😇

Oh, today it was 27C, that's a lot hotter than 23C. Mind you, I know it's not a lot compared to parts of Texas. But yeah, this is pretty much the hottest it gets here in summer evenings.
  • yirara
    edited August 2023
    Options
    How to: keep temperatures down while lacking aircons: Check outside temperatures frequently: open windows over night if outside T< inside T. Close windows and curtains if inside T > outside T. It's basically a full-time job. If inside T >30C you're basically *kittened*. I think I'm glad it's not getting 40C here. :D

edit: found a curse word that doesn't get the kitten treatment! :o