AUGUST 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    @Laurz9191 WOW. That picture of the waterfall is amazing! That was a great memorial for your grandparents. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and love the descriptions of your 3 yo on your back. :lol: Next time you are in the states, ask for a side of mayonnaise. They should give that to you. I don't know why they wouldn't. I had a friend that mixed mayo and mustard together for his fries. He finally talked me into tasting it and it was really good.

@AlphaHowls Those adventures with animals are crazy. The mouse on my chest in the middle of the night would have freaked me out the most. I used to be really terrified of mice, to the point of having Musophobia. I have gotten better over the years, but they are still my nemesis. I had an infestation about 4 years ago and even found one inside my washing machine! I'm not sure how it got in there with the door closed, but it did! Snakes are a close second, but I am getting much better about them too. I just don't want them in my house. If they aren't poisonous and are outside, they are fine and interesting to watch. I have had a few of them in my house too. I guess it's the price you pay for living in the middle of the woods.

You are doing great @yirara .

@shanaber That does sound like Hobbes and the raccoon were playing with each other. It must have been a sight though.

I hope Hilary is nice to all of our California friends. @shanaber @chris_in_cal and anyone else I have forgotten.

@Scott6255 I don't know how you did it! You are amazing!

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I get to chill on the couch and binge tv.
    This year I liked "The Bear" and "Happy Valley."

I just watched "Mrs. Davis," I like weird but it was almost too weird for me...qualified thumbs up, for the weird connoisseurs only.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    @yirara Humidity can be so hard to run in, esp. if it is hot too. You did great. You are doing great with your mileage this month.

Way to get in those miles @martaindale ! When is your HM? I hope you got to rest and binge TV watch as planned.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . I had to Google Churrascaria . Looks awesome. Enjoy.

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,235 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    Oh and we managed not to strangle each other 😂
    That's the bar for entry to a successful marriage, right?

An anniversary in France sounds lovely....welcome back to our running grind.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Got in a 4.5 to start the week (09"16)