WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday!
    Slow start today, but walked 13k steps. Somehow only 7 stairs ....oh well. Not getting out of bed to do them. After dinner my belly acted up. Thank goodness we got back to cabin. After an hour, a shower, a change of clothes and imodiom, we went back into town just to hang out with friends. Who knows what set it off this time, but it has been several months. Tomorrow is last day here. We load up to head home Saturday morning. I think we have contributed enough to the local economy.;)

Tracey Happy Birthday!!!

Lanette I am so proud of you! You did have an eventful day.

Rori Glad you had a great trip. It is nice that you've met a pleasant companion.

Vicki I am surprised I didn't chicken out, but really was strapped in the whole way. I would do it again.

Rebecca Love babies!

Barbie Glad Jake is home.

Debbie so glad you are okay! Scary!

Rosemarie that vacation sounds great!

Ginny Safe travels!

TTFN,
    Kylia in the Smokeys
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    9dbz7ikrprp3.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Barbara - no restrictions after removal, in fact feels much better.

Barbie - glad Jake is home.

Yes we do rent to traveling nurses. The one coming to look on Saturday is from eastern WA.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Last night I think I hit what the Victorians used to call the 'crisis'. :p:#:o:s Ugh.
    This morning I felt quite awake at before 5 am, so finished reading my biography of HG Wells. Very much enjoyed it. I have been through some of the same struggles as he, and he inspired some of 'Where Am I?'
    Hoping for continued improvement, but mornings with a cold are often better than evenings. This has been worse by far than covid, but I hope to bounce back a bit quicker.
    We are having Edie tomorrow afternoon for her door sign project, so I hope to be compos mentis.

Waiting for DH to show the first signs. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Have you tested again?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I’ve been Uber busy with starting up my groups. Lots of admin etc lol.

I will get caught up over the weekend

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻

☘️ Terri

Pg 26
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Betsy: I’m very pragmatic 😝 I just went through the steps and did a screenshot of each page, then highlighted where to click.

Heather: I can see your own style in both versions. The first one is my favourite of the two.

Pg 28
  • Machka9
    Options
    A very short bicycle ride today ... test riding our Bike Friday folding bikes which we haven't used in a while.

ljz1ucvdhyau.png

Also a couple hours in the garden. Even wielding my mattock a bit!!

We're also harvesting some honey!!

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Machka congratulations on the weight loss! Good job!

Barbie glad Jake is home.

Tracey congratulations on ending that bad job. It's the beginning of your next chapter.

I have two more books to read, both Nicholas Sparks, from the last batch, and then a few more arriving tomorrow, mostly James Patterson. The other thing on my list is to get my dad to pay his credit cards. This is part of a transition, and he is likely to resist my involvement. Not fun.

Annie in Delaware
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Machka, wow congratulations on the weight loss... You rock!

Betsy in NW WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Heather - I hope you feel better soon. Sorry you missed your days activities.

All of you that show your activities, art and crafts have been inspiring me. I also believe as the stress is leaving, I’m getting me back.

Speaking of the stress leaving, my doctor put be off indefinitely and wrote that I would not be able to return to my former job. I submitted that along with a resignation this evening.
    Now as long as I am paid properly next week and my ROE is issued I’ll be done. I also have to pick up some personal belongs and drop keys off.

Rori - it was nice to see your post.

Lanette - you are doing an incredible job of keeping everything in good shape. So lucky they caught that mouse nest, they could ruin a whole car pretty quickly.

Vicki - it’s nice to read you are having an evening out.

Lisa - I hope you had a better day today.

Rebecca - I think I’ll be celebrating all week. I saw Jonah today and we took our annual birthday selfie. It was so exciting the night he was born, it makes me feel older faster now. 😂
    Saturday Kaitlyn is making supper for me and my friend is taking me out Sunday.

I can’t believe how alike Eli and Athena were at birth. He’s going to be so much fun to watch grow.

Pip - that was a lot for a rest day.

Sue - do you still rent mostly to travelling nurses?

Debbie - there are so many careless drivers out there. Glad you weren’t hit.

Barbie - it must be a huge relief to have Jake home. I hope he’s feeling better and continues to heal quickly.

Allie - I’ve been staying up later hoping I could sleep straight through, it’s not working. What’s your secret? Im so glad you’re getting this sleep.

Kylia - I think your time in the Smokies went way too fast.

I have an exam in the morning so should head to bed.

Tracey in Edmonton

I didn’t intend on running yesterday but I had to if i wanted to catch up to kirby. I think I will just walk the kids today and no gym, run or spin
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Barbie, thank you for your kind words!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Options
    I have the weights and the resistance bands, and the exercise room set up and it's time to get them added into my routine. Resistance is just not my favorite thing to do, and I "resist," adding the exercises and weights back in each time (pun intended... :blush:), but I know I need to get moving on it.
    Later, my dearlings,
    Hope it is (or was) a good day!
    Love from a cool, nearly fall morning in Arkansas,
    Lisa

I have a basket of hand weights (dumbbells) next to my chair (my spot) when I'm at home. I can easily completely forget they are there, but if I'm reaching for my headphones or colouring pens, I can't help but see them.

That doesn't work every time, but sometimes it reminds me to pull out a couple and do some upper body weights.

I did some tonight. :)

M in Oz