WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Heading up to mom's for the weekend- will head back home on Monday morning, stopping on the way home to do another merchandising job(there was a nice bonus on it and it is on my way home)

Hoping it is just mom and I. Sister might be there but we are hoping not.
    I will make the most of it.
    I will be going out to see my aunt(last one of dad's siblings) for a few hours on Sunday. Looking forward to that.

Have a wonderful weekend and I will catch up on Monday.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca

Debbie - have a great time!

Lanette B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    cyntdooley wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I was scheduled for a mamio aka mammogram screening. I was feeling around and found a pea size lump rt outer quadrant breast. I have knotty breast. This is different. The radiologist tech felt the knot too. I have lost 35lb. I'm hoping that the lump is just related to the same thing. They have to get an order to do the right type of test. Today is Friday so now I have to Monday. So I will stay positive. I have had another biopsy on my left breast negative. Thanks for listening.

Cindy - sending good thoughts your way <3 Praying it's just an inconsequential blip on the radar.

Lanette B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - Well done, well done, well done! To be lighter than you've been in eight years must feel soooo good. So pleased for you.

More in a second,
    Love,
    Lisa

Thanks ... but, it's been about 4 years. :)

After hitting the weight I am right now in early 2015, I lost over 25 kg (thanks to being able to log my food on MFP) and kept it off until my husband's accident in 2018. Then I gradually put it all back on ... plus an extra 6 kg over the past 5.5 years.
    I probably eased past this weight on the way up about 4 years ago. I know I was just slightly over this weight in 2020. Now I just need to lose the 25 kg again. :smiley:

But my first minor goal is 3 kg.

Thank you all ... it feels good to be rid of those 6 kg!

After all my husband and I have been through in the past 5.5 years, I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself again. I kind of feel like I'm back at the beginning again.

Machka in Oz

Machka - Ah... now I get it. I was confused... and apparently skipped over part of your paragraph! Anyway, beginnings are some of my favorite things, and starting over at least means you're starting! 25 kg sounds like a lot, but 3 kg sounds like a good interim goal. That's about what I was lifting in each hand for chest presses and arm curls today.

Which was a sneaky way of saying that after much hemming, hawing and procrastinating, I got my resistance work in. If it takes 27 times to make a habit, I've only got 26 more to go to get used to doing this regularly... :smiley:B)

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

I like beginnings too. :)

The last couple months have been almost like coming out of hibernation.
    Stress easing.
    More freedom.
    All kinds of possibilities ahead!

Co-incidentally, it's spring here and the leaves are coming out and flowers are blooming.

All of you that show your activities, art and crafts have been inspiring me. I also believe as the stress is leaving, I’m getting me back.

Speaking of the stress leaving, my doctor put be off indefinitely and wrote that I would not be able to return to my former job. I submitted that along with a resignation this evening.
    Now as long as I am paid properly next week and my ROE is issued I’ll be done. I also have to pick up some personal belongs and drop keys off.

Tracey in Edmonton

You're at the new beginnings stage too. :) Enjoy!!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    r1cwpf8gnl6s.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

That looks like what comes out of vending machines in Japan!

• Machka9
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Machka - Honey! I'd like to see photos of your process. I can't remember - do you spin it or leave it in the comb? Sounds like you are doing all the right stuff to keep your weight loss going with the Blue Zone type eating and extra activity, and eating later in the day. Excellent job. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

We didn't take a lot of photos but I'll post a few.

We're pressing the honey-filled honeycomb. It's a very slow process ... days. But we've got one full jar now. :)

Edit: one photo of the pressing process ... the honey and comb is being pushed down in the big pot and slowly coming out and being strained.
    zttxar7sbdpd.png

My eating is actually smack-dab in the middle of my day when I'm the most active.
    I get up at 7:30 ... 4 hours later I eat at 11:30.
    I stop eating at 8 pm ... 4 hours later I am lying in bed going to sleep.

I start with a 100 calorie snack at 11:30 to give me a tiny bit of energy for when I go out for my lunch walk.

At 2 pm, I have lunch: chicken, rice and veg.

At 3:30 pm, I have a 75 cal yogurt and then I'll have a couple pieces of fruit between then and when I leave work.

Dinner is between 6:30 and 7 pm.

Dessert is between 7 and 8 pm.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    cyntdooley wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I was scheduled for a mamio aka mammogram screening. I was feeling around and found a pea size lump rt outer quadrant breast. I have knotty breast. This is different. The radiologist tech felt the knot too. I have lost 35lb. I'm hoping that the lump is just related to the same thing. They have to get an order to do the right type of test. Today is Friday so now I have to Monday. So I will stay positive. I have had another biopsy on my left breast negative. Thanks for listening.

I hope it turns out all right.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    Tracey:
    🎉 HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎉
    Love the new ceramics.

Barbie: Prayers for Jake. Hope he fully recovers quickly. 🫶

Heather: Glad you’re feeling a little better.

☘️
    Pg 35 getting there slowly. 😂
  • Machka9
    Options
    sbf3gcfdga3c.png
  • SophieRosieMom
    edited September 2023
    Options

Machka - thank you for the bee hives and honey harvesting pix! Gave me goosebumps. I can just imagine how great it tastes. :)

Allie - what a shame there's now foot traffic that gets Alfie stirred up. Rosie would be the same way, wish their "bark alarms" had on and off buttons or at least "silence" mode now and then. Alfie is such a cutie.

Heather - so glad to hear you are doing better.

Tracey - sorry to read about your Aunt's second husband. I saw a Bob & Brad short video yesterday talking about how important it is that we turn around in a circle now and then to help maintain balance and keep our vestibular system tuned up I guess. I never really thought about it until I saw that video and realized I rarely turn completely around in a circle. I can see how someone without good balance could easily fall from something so simple as turning 180 degrees quickly to move or grab something. I really think Tai Chi with the slow steps and short turns can help.

Making pickles sounds like fun!

Barbara - I agree, that Eagles song is hauntingly beautiful. They are among my favorite bands ever. Glenn Frey was a musical genius IMHO. I remember when he died, the news reported he also had RA.

Food Intolerances:
    When I went to see Dr. Matt a couple weeks ago, my main concern was stopping the stuffy nose/ sinus headaches at night and getting off nightly Zyrtec. I knew I had environmental allergies and suspected food intolerances because I knew that when I ate certain things, my nose and ears would plug in the matter of minutes, I'd feel bloated too.

He put me on a DAO enzyme that helps mitigate food intolerance symptoms. I'm pretty sure I've isolated the problem to dairy, which I was eating before bed - I often had a glass of milk, or a bowl of cereal with milk, or ice cream, or overnight oats with yogurt and milk as a dessert after supper.

I'm not giving up dairy, but am taking pains to stop eating/drinking dairy products after mid afternoon to let my system clear it out. I take the DAO supplement with dairy in the morning and at lunch - I think the symptoms aren't as severe and get better quickly. It's expensive and I can't afford to stay on it forever.

That's the latest. I woke up at 1 so a nap is scheduled some time today. :p

Make it a wonderful day, ladies!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State