• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Tracey - I think your Cri-Cut work is very impressive and professional. It is really hard to monetise these things, as you know. :# Have you thought about giving some small classes in your home? Just an idea. It would require advertising locally of course, and asking around. Or, now you have a teaching qualification, you could see if a local college wants to run classes. Just musing...... :D<3

I've sent you the Instagram post I used for the tiny squares painting. It's something you could easily do with your granddaughter.
    I also think they would make great home decorating pictures, in a set of colours toning with the furnishings. Or seasonal colours theme. It was quick and fun to do.
    Of course, a lot depends on the framing of these things. A good frame can totally change a picture. Some bargain shops have decent cheap frames.

Strangely, I don't put many pictures on my walls. I like blank spaces, I have a couple of things in the dining room and in the downstairs toilet, and one in the hall. We have the batik in the living room. A Matisse cut out propped up in our bedroom, and a couple of my very old efforts in my bathroom. So we now have a huge pile of our paintings!!! Nothing framed or on the wall. One I gave away I painted for my son, which is going in his living room, and the beach hut one for my brother, which I will give him at the wedding. Only six months late! :p
    Keep thinking we should have an informal exhibition and sell some, if anyone wants to buy them. Going cheap!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,415 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,415 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Heather: I know what you mean. The idea of the upheaval involved in decorating and DIY is rapidly losing its appeal. As we grow older, everything takes so much longer. Even pulling out the kitchen steps is often too much trouble. 😝 Maybe there is a local craft market or car boot sale that you could use to sell some of your work?

Tracey: That is a beautiful arrangement. With that sort of quality, the workshop idea could be worth thinking
    about.

We have rain forecast for a few days. Damp and dismal! Ugh! May have to put the heating back on for a couple of hours a day.

We are going to visit DED after lunch, and may be picking up DEGS on the way there. DYGS is due to fly back to Uni in England shortly.

Tomorrow I have Creative Writing and Monday Painters. I have 3 new painters so am doing a watercolour workshop with them at the minute. Quite enjoyable , but a little draining too 😝

Welcome to our new folk. We’re a busy group, so don’t try to answer every post. Just jump in when something sparks your interest.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,205 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka that is some rich looking honey! Sorry to hear the girls have moved on. Hope the new scouts settle in. “…But I didn’t need to be that perfect.” Sounds to me like you were clear on your priorities and successful overall. Singing soft kitty to yourself at work? Bet it helped with that difficult code!
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Honey-coloured honey. :)

It is rich! Definitely not your run-of-the-mill supermarket honey.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Strangely, I don't put many pictures on my walls. I like blank spaces, I have a couple of things in the dining room and in the downstairs toilet, and one in the hall. We have the batik in the living room. A Matisse cut out propped up in our bedroom, and a couple of my very old efforts in my bathroom. So we now have a huge pile of our paintings!!! Nothing framed or on the wall. One I gave away I painted for my son, which is going in his living room, and the beach hut one for my brother, which I will give him at the wedding. Only six months late! :p
    Keep thinking we should have an informal exhibition and sell some, if anyone wants to buy them. Going cheap!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Set up one wall with corkboard, so you can do a rotating display.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    So my challenge is to hem some slacks. That may sound silly to many of you but I hate having to cut material to hem and I hate paying the money for it (since the hem charge can be as much as the slacks). Taking it slowly, one step at a time and I will succeed! Mind you-I have no clue when I will finish!

Take care all,
    Ginny in Ohio

I used to do it the quick way. :smiley:

Fold and staple!

These days, I can't find slacks long enough.

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Machka - we rotate our display in the dining room. It's nice to see the colours. They are just propped up. I don't want anything permanent. I like bare walls.
    In our last house there was a blackboard, and I used to blutak photos of the grandchildren on it. Then I decided it looked too untidy.

I had a great victory today! For the last weeks I have been deaf in my right ear. I've been using drops and occasionally syringing, but only got flakes out. I've carried on with the drops and today I had another go at syringing. Hooray!!!! Splendid results and I can hear again. Everything is very loud, even the toilet flush. :p
    My parents both had very waxy ears, so I've inherited it.

Love Heather ❤️ xxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Barbie so glad Jake is on the mrnd and Bodhi is getting into.the swing of things.
    Im trying to do lower carb but also cant overdue on protein because of kidneys

:) I understand the challenge. Jake is eating low carb and has to be careful of both potassium and sodium so meal planning takes a lot of time. Best wishes to you on this new eating adventure.

<3 Barbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    If you hem pants with duct tape, they will go through the wash okay several times!

Michele so glad you had a good visit with PJ.

Pip you guys look so happy together!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Welcome to the new people. I had breast cancer in 2008. Chemo etc.

Lunch was great. The two girls had been doing Cyclocross in the morning. Bea came second, despite falling off twice. Unfortunately, Edie lost her chain twice. So no placing. My son was so knackered he could hardly speak. He has twisted his ankle, just stumbling in the street. He has weak ankles from previous injuries. I hope he rests this afternoon. :o
    DH paid for our two pizzas and our drinks, plus the kids' drinks. I think they appreciated it. Drinks are so expensive, they usually just have water.

DH now off for a short walk. He has a sore throat. :#:o I am going to have a nap, but can't put earplugs in because I'm expecting a few things from Amazon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    sspell1958 wrote: »
    New here and love seeing the support and friendship you all have developed. I hope I’m not intruding - just looking for same. 65 years old and needing to lose and get healthier. At least that’s the plan 😉. Breast cancer survivor since 2013 and recently Melanoma found early. That one surprised me, but all is good. I’m also married and “Nana” to 5 grandchildren.

:) Welcome. Each of us was new at one time and we just kept coming back. I hope you will join a conversation that interests you or share more about yourself. I am 77 years old and found MFP some years ago and have gotten to know these great ladies. They have helped me take off and keep off the pounds that bothered me.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Annie-I believe duct tape can hold darn near anything. The sewing isn't my insecurity-it is cutting off excess material and measuring!