Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Last night ,not very productive sleep..but oh well..
    Like Kelly was saying she has been watching Barbara O Neil I also watch her and a a few others ,I have started using Castor oil and rubbing it in my belly button..once daily.
    I have lost 4 lbs so far,and seems to help ..will keep going.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Beth and Lisa, I am so impressed with the construction you do with your husbands. Up and down the ladder and plumbing a bathroom and working together. I don't know why but projects just weren't easy for my DH and I to take on together. We'd get crossways of each other.

Betsy in NW WA

Betsy - If it helps, the first few times Corey and I worked together, I had to explain at the top of my lungs that I was not working FOR him, I was working WITH him, and I didn't necessarily understand the commands he was giving. While I wasn't stupid, I didn't have his background, and I needed him to explain things so I could understand what he wanted me to do.

Now, I can just give him a sideways look and his communication behavior changes. Pretty sure he did not realize I cussed until that first build together. Then he found out that I have an extensive vocabulary of curse words. We do OK working together now, 15 years later, but not at the beginning. He still thinks I'm stronger, faster and taller than I actually am, but he gets over it pretty quick. :smiley:

Lisa ... This is my husband and I to a "T" :D
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Cindy ... I've had mammogram scares ... praying yours turns out to be nothing to worry about!

Tracey ... Happy Belated Birthday! No, Buffalo will not be impacted by any of the weather the hurricane generates. At the moment, everything is covered and essentially weatherproof. Today it looks like the soffit installation is just about done ... which means the siding is about to begin in earnest.

Barbara, Lisa ... my time on the ladder was very limited! I could never do the whole job with my husband ... I was just doing some touch up painting on service entrances before the siding goes up!

Machka ... the honey process is very interesting!

Kelly ... glad to hear that your childcare slots are filling up!

Beth near Buffalo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    Finally up to date, but too tired to comment any more today. 😝

☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,364 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    DH can't take criticism either, and often can't see his way to the best solution. I am very visual, but he isn't. We often have to really bite our tongues when we are trying to co-operate on a job. It is a strain! :p Even replacing the light bulb today was like walking on ice, but we managed not to fall out. Fortunately, he is not remotely interested in DIY. The cupboard door that fell off for the second time in the kitchen, is still there, propped against the unit. I will ask him what his plan is. :o
    I occasionally get an urge to paint one of the bedrooms, but I wait for it to pass. I used to do all these things, but now I'm sure I would do myself an injury if I tried. So I just put up with the middle floor, including our bedroom, being painfully shabby. DH doesn't notice. It hurts, but I just think about cruises instead and sacrifice the house. >:)

After our painting session, Edie and I had another go at the crochet. Last time she found it impossible, but she wouldn't give up! :D So this time, after much struggle, she managed her first chain. I got as far as the second row.

We have been invited to Fatto a Mano tomorrow at lunchtime with the family, but they have told us they can't afford to pay for us. :p It's some sort of reward for Edie doing some big bicycle race in the morning. It will be nice to see them all.
    Some kind of salad will be called for in the evening I imagine. I have some very nice albacore, line-fished, tuna in a posh jar.

Watched Poirot tonight. Found an episode we hadn't seen!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    r1cwpf8gnl6s.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

That looks like what comes out of vending machines in Japan!

Kinda! Except this is a HUGE can. I might them every so often but can't make thus a habit. It says it has MCT oil which seems like nothing but good. Also has vitamin C 100%, and 300 mg natural caffeine. Lord knows that's alot!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Machka - I just love the Tiny Happy Things
    Congratulations on the weight loss!

Heather - I had to look up the “crisis”. I think I have an idea now.
    I hope you are feeling better.

Annie - I hope your Dad listens without too much fuss.
    You are in a tough situation and handling it very well.

Lisa - I’m glad you had a great day yesterday! Well Thursday.
    I need to get at some strength training as well.
    The balance concerns are real. My Aunt’s second husband fell on his morning walk, broke his back and became a paraplegic. He ended up living the rest of his life confined.
    Ironically enough my Aunt’s first husband became paralyzed after a surgery for prostate cancer in 1980. She was one of the strongest women I ever met. I admired her so much.

Barbie - it must be relief to have Jake home.

Rita - I hope your son takes this time to heal and realizes he needs to make some lifestyle changes.

Allie - I bet it did contribute. I didn’t realize how ill I was when I went on sick leave. Now that I’m feeling better I can see more clearly how stressed I was.
    I may have to try some of those.
    I’m glad you are getting some rest, are you feeling any better?

Rebecca - our eldest was a very clear talker very young as well. So was Jonah.
    Our youngest though sounded like a little girl with a cross between a Newfie and a deep Southern girl. DH drive back to back from Florida to Newfoundland most of her first couple years of talking. She still calls me Mama with a little tiny twist.
    I’ve done one of those scrabble tile things. They aren’t as easy as you would think they are. I bet yours is lovely!

Beth - I was thinking about your siding the other day. How much more do you have to do? Will you be affected by the hurricane? My geography is failing me tonight.

Lanette - I’m glad the Roger’s are there to help when you need it, you are kicking it on your own.

Well I didn’t get even an acknowledgment that they received my email today. I don’t know why this surprises me, they’ve had no respect through any of this.

I cut pieces today for a lantern. I think I have it figured out how to design one of the frames myself. That might be this weeks project.
    I hope to have the lantern done tomorrow, I have ideas for changing it up as well.

Off to bed, hoping to go to Kaitlyn’s to make pickles tomorrow and her MIL is visiting so I’ll have a visit with her as well. She is a lovely lady. My daughter is so fortunate to have a wonderful MIL that adores her. I have the same, but I see how hard it is for my other daughter whose in-laws are very difficult.

Tracey in Edmonton

My family Scrabble came out well, but I did notice that the middle star starting point is empty. Ah well. I was going to put an empty tile there, but heck that would bother me too!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Tracey “…as the stress is leaving, I’m getting me back.” Thankful to hear it and that your doctor has written that you cannot return to your former job. Whew!
    Sue you encourage me. Will discuss possible podiatry with new MD when I get in to see her.
    Annie what Lisa, Barbie, Tracey, Lanette et al said. You are one strong gal in a tough situation. Brava!
    Machka con VERY grats on the 6 kg… and the honey harvest… and most especially starting to feel a bit more like yourself!
    Lisa, shuffling like a timid little old lady due to the fear of falling is one of the things I hate most about aging. T’ai Chi and the Better Bones and Balance class helped me some, and now the PT exercises, but I could do way better. Sure wish coach Ken was teaching BB&B again. Con VERY gratulations on your so very well begun!
    Barbie thankful Jake is safe at home and sleeping well. Hope he heals quickly.
    Allie imho in addition to the the stress of your job, I feel TomCat’s ways were detrimental to your health.
    Beth admire your positive attitude about your DH’s meticulous process and avoiding damaging his friendship with his construction buddy. Brava for getting up and down the ladder, not something I could do even to help Joe. :sick: Fingers X’d your DH can finish before the weather turns.
    Rebecca the ACV/honey/cayenne/sparkling grapefruit sounds way more appealing than the Black Rifle triple espresso shot, but it would take more than caffeine to inspire me to clean… :laugh:
    Lanette saw the “fall chicks” at our local ranch supply shop and thought of you. They were soooo cute, I was almost tempted, but nope. Livestock would not be safe with me.
    Pip “legs got a break” walking Chispa for over two hours? You crack me up!
    Debbie safe travels and hope your weekend visits go well.
    Cindy brava for having lost 35 lbs and for staying positive. ((hugs)) and prayers.
    Heather happy to hear your crisis has passed and you’re feeling much perkier! Colds can be so miserable.
    Today a song came on the radio that was so piercingly beautiful I had to turn the radio off when it finished. Didn’t want anything else in my head. A capella Eagles “Down the seven bridges road”. https://youtu.be/NTvT4JNACss?t=2

Today’s gratitude: fog, baby hummingbirds and “motion is lotion.”
    09/15: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, dogs to powerline, line dancing. Steps:10376 :smiley:
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=35 CI<CO net=1016
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, AF, ptT. ptS, hymns, pack up and return Spectrum equipment return, pack and donate 1 box of books & clothes, Post Office, Library, DelCur, Freddie’s. Wt:132.9
    09/14: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, dogs to powerline, TV walking. Steps:6684
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=13 CI<CO net=528
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, AF, ptT. ptS.Wt:131.2

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    September: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live mindfully with people, dogs, open heart and mind before mouth. Never miss an opportunity to keep the mouth shut!
    2023: Be of good cheer.

Sometimes I just put the ACV in with a can of Fresca. It tastes a bit like a cinnamon candy. It really quenches my thirst!
    When I drank 1/2 the can yesterday, my head was tingling and I had a lot of energy. It surprised me!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Cindy hoping for a good outcome for you.

Machka those honey pictures are great!

Heather I rented a house once with a fancy halogen light high in the stairwell. It took me a month of darkness to figure out how to change the bulb. No way to put a ladder in the stairwell to really see it. What a crazy design!

Well I asked my dad about paying the credit cards and he said he thought he had already done it. I was tempted to push him to prove it, but I just let it go.

I have dumbbells scheduled tonight. I have been lax about skipping them for several weeks. But tonight I will exercise!

Annie in Delaware

Calling the management company when this light ever burns out!
    qk2xs332y0od.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Awwww so sweet ,Rebecca
    Carol- check out Barbara O Neil i think she is from New Zealand.Has alot of interesting info..
    She is a big believer in alternative and holistic ways
    Rebecca- I might have to try that.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 10sec, 45elev, 2.99ap, 91ahr, 146mhr, 6.12mi= 589c
    Strava app= 750c
    Walk home to g- 12min, .52mi= 50c
    Strava app= 49c
    Treadmill jog- 32.43min, 10.32min mi,135ahr, 168mhr, 5.5sp w/random spurts @ 7.0sp, 5k= 342c
    Walk gym to home- 10.54min, .53mi= 52c
    Strava app= 65c

Total cal 1033

Kirby reminded me that it was 6 weeks until the 1/2 marathon in November so Monday I’ll start running 5 miles. Ughh
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Barbie so glad Jake is on the mrnd and Bodhi is getting into.the swing of things.
    Im trying to do lower carb but also cant overdue on protein because of kidneys