WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Michele, dear, all we can do is the best we can, and like all of us, your choices with your family and relationships are affected by a past that I was never part of. Only you know what you can handle, and we all do care what happens because we care about you. I just hated to watch you grieving about not seeing your new grandson. I hope you've taken all of our input as coming from a place of regard for you.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

To me, continuing to hurt someone is in a sense selfish. "You hurt me so I'm going to hurt you".

Michele NC

That describes dh so much. If someone does something or he even THINKS someone has done something against him, he holds grudges and doesn't let things go. That is a huge issue and why I feel the way I do towards him. He feels I did something(used him), which I didn't, so he still holds it against me. Things his aunt did towards his parents when he was a kid, he was still holding a grudge against her until after she passed away.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,898 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,377 Member
    Options
    I was up in the night looking at videos for my thigh. There's a massage one, which I will try, and I've already got the PT exercises. I'm paying attention to a walking one (for older people), because my walking is terrible and may be a cause of my problem. My left leg is really out of alignment with a knock knee, where the patella is out of alignment, and ligament damage from a sprained ankle. My knee has flared up intermittently since I was 15. My walking is awful. I find running easier and less painful, probably because I distribute my weight better. I've been doing knee and back exercises every day for 12 years, and have got the knee much better. I used to be crippled by it.
    I'm going to work on my gait, and try the massage, and keep doing the exercises. The thigh does not hurt until I've been walking for more than a mile and a half, but when it goes, it's a real problem. After a good rest, the pain is gone.
    I'm a little nervous about my trip to London tomorrow and hope my leg holds out. :# I shouldn't have to walk too far, but there will be some. Ditto our trip to France in October.

Hair trim today. I sold a ring to pay for it. It was a sort of engagement ring from my first marriage, but only a replacement one, and not my style now. It was inexpensive and not traditional. I have the cash in my purse.
    Thinking about defrosting the garage freezer as it's less full than usual. A good opportunity.
    However, must write first this morning. I'm writing a chapter about phrases and sayings that have inspired me. Will also put a load of laundry on.
    Plus, book my ticket for the train tomorrow!

We will have to get Edie's present to her and a card. Her 10th birthday is on Saturday. We've bought her a faux fur leopard long jacket. I hope it fits!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude:T telling me about chair yoga class at the library.
    Karen :love: to see you popping in. Would love to hear more from you.
    Likewise Flea, whooshing energy your way.
    Debbie sounds like you had a pleasant anniversary meal at least.
    Sorry, so sleepy that everyone else’s posts have gone out of my mind. Time to sleep in prep for tomorrow’s DDS. Sure hope he can save the bridge.
    09/19: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, chair yoga class, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8063
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=2 CI<CO net=745
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, casserole-a-thon. Wt:130.7
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    September: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live mindfully with people, dogs, open heart and mind before mouth. Never miss an opportunity to keep the mouth shut!
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,233 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I guess I just expected Denise to make something more than just noodles and chicken breast. Probably because Jess makes more. See, I personally would have at least let my child TRY saving up for a house before I’d give them the money. Yes, my in-laws helped us buy our first home, but not for a few years. And they didn’t pick it out for us. I’m only guessing that Pete’s mother helped them, I don’t know this for a fact. I really think Denise’s reluctance to visit stems from the fact that she has a very hard time dealing with any change. And coming here is a change to her routine. I’m so sorry you’ve never seen your grandsons. It’s very hard. Just passing on that message of love is all you can do right now. Maybe one day things will change for the better. Let’s keep positive thoughts that it will

Michele NC

From the sounds of things, you've got lots to be proud of with Denise and her family ... jobs, ongoing marriage, healthy child, on the property ladder.

Denise is doing Denise. You can't expect her to live her life like you would or you did or you are. I'm assuming 20-30 years have passed since you were her age. Times have changed and she's a different person from you. She will do things differently from you. And that's OK. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Even though she didn't fall, I guess we have to react as though she did. It's a sudden drastic change in mobility. She can't come home until she is strong enough to use a walker or something.

Well thanks for listening.

Annie in Delaware

Do you have the option of residential care (aka nursing homes) or a home care package?
    Like these: https://dhss.delaware.gov/DSAAPD/home_communitybased_services.html
    https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dsaapd/residential_care.html

Do you have a carer support organisation in your area?
    Like this? This is Australia's Carer support organisation: https://www.carergateway.gov.au/

Oh here ... check out these links:
    https://dhss.delaware.gov/dsaapd/caregive.html
    https://dhss.delaware.gov/dsaapd/caregivesg.html

Have a good read over these options.
    Make an appointment to talk to someone.
    There is often help available.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Well, the first disease ship ... or um, cruise ship :tongue: ... of the season came in today and 3003 people clogged up the city at lunchtime today. My errands took twice as long as I'd hoped.

One of the first places they all go is the Chemist Warehouse right near where I work. You can't even get into the place there are so many people.

I wasn't expecting them so early in the season, but maybe they had to dock because of the wind. Doesn't look like there's another one to come in for the next 3 weeks at least.

Ah well, tis the season to go on long walks into areas not frequented by tourists. :) This is one of my motivations to go on brisk 5-6 km walks during the spring, summer and autumn. :)

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,446 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Weekly shopping done and put away. Just relaxing with my coffee.

Heather: The gale passed over us during the night. It’s quite pleasant this morning, although we may get some showers. I am taking advantage of the wind to dry a load of laundry, but keeping an eye out for the showers 😂 Your painting looks well on the wall. Later: I managed to get the laundry in before a shower hit.

Lanette: I love the autumn colours, but not what they herald. The cold wet winter is not my favourite season.

Machka: It’s amazing to think that we are all in different time zones and climate areas. You’re going into spring as we are beginning to feel the chill creeping in. I think you having window on the world at work is wonderful, especially with the tree you describe.

Anniversaries: Because our anniversary is in July, we were often away with family on holiday, and would celebrate with them. These days, we have a celebration meal at home, and open a bottle of our favourite Prosecco. We agreed several years ago not to buy expensive gifts just because. It seems a bit senseless when we are trying to declutter our home to bring new stuff in.

It’s lunch time so I’ll pop back later to see who else has posted.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏 🙏 🙏 for the rest of your Wednesday.

☘️ Terri
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Carol My DH is the same way! He questions everything I get rid of. So annoying! This is why I love when he is gone from house for extended times. I clear my stuff out.

Kylia
    Back to the craziness of home
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,744 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,551 Member
    Options
    Its so cool in the house, it woke up our propane fireplace.💖
    1fzfwosvi3o4.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,377 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hair trimmed and a nice chat with the hairdresser. She was just back from the Canary Islands.

Picked up a bit of shopping. This morning I was astonished, shocked even, to find we had run out of teabags!!!
    I buy them in bulk from Amazon, and had no idea we were down to the last teabag. I had to make two cups out of one. So I picked up a small packet and I've ordered a delivery for tomorrow. Michael Moseley was on the radio this morning, extolling the virtues of tea. Camelia Sinensis. Very, very good for you.

We are having the halloumi curry tonight, but I'm going to use broccoli instead of spinach because I have some I want to use up.

I've booked my train tickets for tomorrow. I'm going from Brighton, because it takes me directly to London Bridge, where the restaurant and theatre are, so less walking. I used the massage ball and roller this morning, and so far it has helped a lot. My main fear is of train cancellation because of the weather. It is raining now, and will get worse overnight. Sometimes there is flooding, or leaves and branches on the line with strong winds.

I didn't defrost the garage freezer, :| but I did phone Saga to put my name down for the 'Early Bird ' booking for 2025. There are only four cabins of the type we like, and they get booked up very quickly. We had to pay a deposit, but it is transferable and refundable, so nothing lost.

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow, but I will give myself plenty of time and cross my fingers that the transport isn't disrupted.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx