WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Sspell1958 – Are you SURE Zoe is only 12???? Beautiful. The rest of the clan is pretty good looking, too.

Rebecca – you were just helping the Canadians get ready for their Thanksgiving!

Made chocolate cupcakes for Vince and then icing for them.

Lisa – good for you signing up for a pottery class. Best of luck. Thank you for your kind words. Families can indeed change people, but I’m not holding my breath, especially since I don’t want to match my eyes (blue)

Allie – good for you getting out for a walk. And I’m sure Alfie enjoyed it (isn’t that what it’s all about?)

M – I don’t know how to make contact with Bryan. I don’t even know his address. THAT’S why I don’t contact him. Besides, he doesn't want to hear from me anyway. I've reached out so many times, and so many times he's ignored me.

Pip – I can’t believe Addison’s mom did that! What a wonderful thing you did and for her and for her mother to respond that way! Unbelievable!

Took a walk around the neighborhood then worked on the latest jigsaw puzzle. After this one, I’m thinking that I’ll probably go on to another craft. I just don’t want to always do the same old thing over and over

Off to beddybye. Work tomorrow and then bowling.

Michele NC

To clarify, I did mention that since she wasn’t going to be using them for walking that I may as well have them back and return them. Well I guess she heard that part
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    2023 Self-Care September 2023

Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate my morning oatmeal.
    Meditation: daily. 14/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 14/30
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) 0/8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min 1/20

Rita
    Stop B12
    Switch DHEA to every other day on sept 6
    Kev
    Add folic acid, once a day
    Add magnesium to 3x a day
    Up Berberine to 3x a day

Foods to avoid:

Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5784, 9858(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 200/208—(733%) should be 172 by October 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)72/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4 (500%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/23 (681%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 35
    /12 (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 8/12—(900%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (900%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,(500%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Find time for self-care. It’s not selfish. It’s essential. Making time!
    2. Notice the things you do well, however small. I will. Talking to campers, meeting dogs, electronics.
    3. Let go of self-criticism and speak to yourself kindly. I will try!
    4. Plan a fun or relaxing activity and make time for it. Did this already! Went for a long walk this morning.
    5. Forgive yourself when things go wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. This will be hard because I tend to blame myself for everything.
    6. Focus on the basics: eat well, exercise, and go to bed on time. Will Do!
    7. Give yourself permission to say ‘no’.. I’m doing this more often now.
    8. Be willing to share how you feel and and ask for help when needed. I will try to remember to ask for help when I need it rather than struggle and get frustrated.
    9. Aim to be good enough, rather than perfect. This needs to be a mind change for me. Whenever I do something, I get upset if it is not perfect. I need to make it a point to accept what the result is while doing my best.
    10. When you find things hard, remember it’s ok to not be ok. This is apt for today.
    11. Make time to do something you really enjoy. I hope to go ‘window shopping’ today. Did this and colored.
    12. Get active outside and give your mind and body a natural boost. Went for a 20 minute walk then the rain started.
    13. Be as kind to yourself as you would to a loved one.
    14. If you’re busy, allow yourself to pause and take a break.
    15. Find a caring calming phrase to use when you feel low. “Breathing in,I am relaxing. Breathing out, I am relaxed.”
    16. Leave positive messages for yourself to see regularly. Sticky notes, here I come!
    17. No plans day. Make time to slow down and be kind to yourself.
    18. Ask a trusted friends to tell you what strengths they see in you.
    19. Notice what you are feeling without any judgement.
    20. Enjoy photos from a time with happy memories.
    21. Don’t compare how you feel inside to how others appear outside.
    22. Take your time. Make space to just breathe and be still.
    23. Let go of other people’s expectations of you.
    24. Accept yourself and remember that your are worthy of love.
    25. Avoid saying ‘I should’ and make time to do nothing.
    26. Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents.
    27. Free up time by canceling any unnecessary plans.
    28. Choose to see your mistakes as steps to help you learn.
    29. Write down 3 things you appreciate about yourself.
    30. Remind yourself you are enough, just as you are.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    No luck in M&S. They haven't got their more formal wear in yet and the ankle boots did not feel good. I'm in their café having Earl Grey tea and an egg and cress sandwich with extra salt and lots of black pepper. My favourite treat to myself.

Sandy - You are very accomplished. Your details in the church picture are lovely. :)

So, I will wander down to Flying Tiger to look at cheap picture frames. Then along a bit for another small bite. Then bus to the Death Café.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Kim ~ KAY: Your words to Michelle show so much insight! :)

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Annie-I forgot to ask how mom is doing? I hope while she is there she can get a thorough check up.

Sandy-very nice paintings-I like the simplicity of the church.

Kim and Dr. Katie-good reminders that we have to engage in perspective taking. After doing that we have to do what is best for us-never easy decisions.

Waiting for pharmacy to notify that Paxlovid is ready for pick up. Doctor's office said ok to go into pharmacy if I stay masked and don't hang out. That is good because there are no close drive through pharmacies for me.

Spent morning napping. Warmed some soup for lunch. Don't feel too bad right now-off course staying on the couch and not moving helps!

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,826 Member
    Options
    Rainy day here,waiting to hear from Tracy she had to work late.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I had a lovely time at the Death Café. A lot of the people there tonight are, or have been carers for their parents, or husbands/partners. We talked a lot about LPAs and Advanced Directives among other things. Brought back some left over chocolate cake for DH.
    Before that I went to Wagamama, and had some healthy tiny plates of veggies and prawns. :D
    Sat in the window and people watched.
    A good evening, but I'm no nearer to deciding what to wear to the wedding. Not that it matters! :D

DH seems a bit better, so maybe he will escape the worst.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx