WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,521 Member
    PIP ~ You were the prettiest one among your old classmates! Glad you went to the reunion and enjoyed it. I have never been to a reunion from my high school as I hated all those years!

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,694 Member
    Rebecca: Although I have an eating ‘schedule’ it’s based on food I like. I don’t see the point in eating anything I don’t like. DH loves a Sunday roast so I buy one big enough to give us main meals for four days. The menus change according to the type of roast.

Having the menu schedule makes shopping a dawdle as I have my own printable tick list based on what we need, with spaces for occasional additions.

I let husband do up the meal menu for the week that he likes, many of which he cooks himself. I think I only cook about 30% of the meals now for him. He's likes the precooked meals and has them some nights. He always prepares his own breakfasts and lunches. He knows I would rather cook up my own soups, than open a can like he does. We have a big roast too maybe once a month. He has his roast beef sandwich french dips, and leftover potatoes/carrots meals from that. I am content to get a slice or two for a roast beef/ketchup and mayo sandwich. When husband makes up the menu he puts either a "h" or a "n" by the items. Stands for need or have when I am making up the shopping list. He doesn't dig around the kitchen as intent as I do using up this or that. He has admitted to that.🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Rebecca: Although I have an eating ‘schedule’ it’s based on food I like. I don’t see the point in eating anything I don’t like. DH loves a Sunday roast so I buy one big enough to give us main meals for four days. The menus change according to the type of roast.

Having the menu schedule makes shopping a dawdle as I have my own printable tick list based on what we need, with spaces for occasional additions.

Yes, exactly!

When I started this whole thing in 2015, I decided that I wasn't going to waste calories on things I didn't like. Of course, I can't always follow that plan when I'm served something I don't particularly like somewhere, but as long as I have a choice, it will be foods I like.

So for lunch, I eat chicken, rice and veg. I like chicken, rice and veg enough to eat it for just about every lunch when I work. :)

M in Oz

Nice! I have a definite go-to list of meal choices that I like and more importantly my body likes. Its been honed down over the years and I would say its more like a weeks worth, and I kind of rotate them around. Throw in a restaurant here and there. 👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Awe, Pip, looks like you, Kirby and your sister, had a great time. I agree with Carol, so pretty!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
    Your the cutest one there Pip!!
    We are here waiting to board the train.

Awwww thx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,603 Member
    Pip - Well done for having the courage to go to the reunion. <3

Had skate with black butter and capers tonight. With broccoli. I love it, though it slightly intimidates me! I have to be in the mood. Getting the butter to 'burn' to the right stage before you add the vinegar and capers, is a ticklish situation. I bake the skate in kitchen foil. The skate is caught by our local boats and I buy it at the harbour. It has been in the freezer for months! So, at last I felt up to the challenge.

Tried out the laundry sheets this afternoon. Not used them before. They seem to have done the trick, but the proof will be in our skin's reaction. I bought sensitive skin, unperfumed, non bio. Does anyone else use them?

One of the dresses I put out for the charity shop, and washed, I think I'll keep. :o I can see it in a new combo.

This week my son has asked us to pick up both girls tomorrow and not Bea on Tuesday. DH will bring them back here, and I will give them pasta, before they go to Art Club around the corner. He is in London and DDIL is giving a talk on Imposter Syndrome, her first solo book, to the Association of Women's Football Managers. It's some distance away. Must be scary! :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,146 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »

Debbie how did you get that blister?
    09/23: Move: 2 sets PT w/D, dog group. Steps:8049
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=5 CI<CO net=527
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, play with plants, fellowship prep. Wt:130.3

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    September: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live mindfully with people, dogs, open heart and mind before mouth. Never miss an opportunity to keep the mouth shut!
    2023: Be of good cheer.

I was surprised when I took my gloves off to see the huge blister. I was using one of those tools to dig out weeds- longer handle and a fork type thing on the end. The ground is SOOO hard there that it took a lot of muscle/strength to get them out. Lots of pushing and turning the tool. I will wait until after the first rain before I try to do the rest of her lawn
  • pipcd34
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,808 Member
    ☘️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,583 Member
    edited September 2023
    Rosemarie - good for you, glad you could get out while the weather is still nice and enjoy yourself. :) Now I'm hungry for mac n cheese. :p I treated myself to an 8" garlic alfredo chicken pizza from Sahara yesterday, at half yesterday and the other half today. Bought a spare and stuck it in the freezer which will save me a drive over to the next town in the future - the road I normally take that crosses I-5 is closed for repair so I have to take a longer route these days.

I'm saving money on gas so I can blow it on dog and cat and chicken treats. :p Sound familiar ladies?? My surrogate grandchildren. :D

Annie - so glad you got to go out for a nice meal with your friend Craig. :) How is your dad doing without your mom in the house? Is he able to drive to see her?

Pip - How did it feel hanging around with all those old people at the reunion? You and Kirby looked great as always. <3

Waiting for the heavy rain and wind to hit here. I did go to Home Depot this morning and got a couple sheets of 8 ft. plastic roofing and the nice employee cut them in half for me so they fit nicely in the Sube. Set one up as a rain barrier which should protect the chickie feeder from rain and keep their run drier. We'll see.

Have a great evening!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited September 2023
    Here's a couple pictures from a couple days ago. Kind of big, so I put them in a spoiler.

yql2m3u7ro5y.jpg
    j1680tnjr3k6.jpg

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did Amy Dixon’s Breathless Body DVD then took a walk around the neighborhood, then went to WalMart, then worked moving rocks around the pool and hauling others up to the fence. Afterwards, went in the spa in the house. Haven’t done that in a long time.

Oh, boo hoo….I went to play mahjongg and I must have accidentally thrown out my card. See, I used to always keep my card in this pocket of my tablet. Well, the newspaper now only delivers three days/week, so we needed a bigger tablet to read the paper. However, the cover for the new tablet doesn’t have a pocket where I can keep the card. We finally found a clear envelope with a zipper on top to put it in. So I just ordered the card. The thing I’m most upset about is the envelope. I don’t know where I’m going to find another one like it. It was real nice, had a zipper on top and I could keep my card and a pen in it. Now it’s gone. Oh well…..

M – you’re doing so well on your weight. Congrats on the loss

Barbara – if I get an oil stain on a piece of clothing, I put baby powder on it. The powder soaks up the oil. So far, it’s worked for me every time

Lanette – I’m not looking forward to the time change, either. I hate it

katla – so glad the hummingbird feeder wasn’t broken. Guess the wind just knocked it down

Lisa – I’m so very sorry you were scammed. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Pip – fantastic pictures. Looks like a great time was had by all. You look fantastic. If my high school ever has a reunion, I don’t think I’d go. Those were not the greatest years to me. Now I did go to a reunion of our grade school (1-8) since I really enjoyed those years.

Meals: lately, I’ve wanted less and less meat. I usually give Vince 1-1/2 portions. But the veggies – now THAT’S another story

Rosemarie – sounds like a lovely day at the Gardens

Debbie – lovely sharks. While we don’t own a 3D printer, the library has one that you can use. Vince made the design of this holder for the batteries for the Christmas ornaments and they made it. It comes in quite handy. Keeps the batteries separate so they don’t short each other out.

Flea – a friend of ours was in the same position as your DH. Most companies didn’t want to hire him mainly because (but, of course, they can’t say this) they were afraid that they’d go to the expense of training someone and then they’d retire and the company would have to train someone else. I hope things work out for your dh.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,134 Member
    :) Hugs to all of you. Thank you for adding so much to my life.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    Phew finally home and in bed..long but fun day
    Alfie stayed with Elena today and I'll go in the morning to feed Homer anf pick up Alfie
  • pipcd34
    Rosemarie - good for you, glad you could get out while the weather is still nice and enjoy yourself. :) Now I'm hungry for mac n cheese. :p I treated myself to an 8" garlic alfredo chicken pizza from Sahara yesterday, at half yesterday and the other half today. Bought a spare and stuck it in the freezer which will save me a drive over to the next town in the future - the road I normally take that crosses I-5 is closed for repair so I have to take a longer route these days.

I'm saving money on gas so I can blow it on dog and cat and chicken treats. :p Sound familiar ladies?? My surrogate grandchildren. :D

Annie - so glad you got to go out for a nice meal with your friend Craig. :) How is your dad doing without your mom in the house? Is he able to drive to see her?

Pip - How did it feel hanging around with all those old people at the reunion? You and Kirby looked great as always. <3

Waiting for the heavy rain and wind to hit here. I did go to Home Depot this morning and got a couple sheets of 8 ft. plastic roofing and the nice employee cut them in half for me so they fit nicely in the Sube. Set one up as a rain barrier which should protect the chickie feeder from rain and keep their run drier. We'll see.

Have a great evening!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Kinda felt like a stranger, like I didn’t belong