Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • cyntdooley
    cyntdooley Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    yb7qd7zng5 wrote: »
    Just checking in for September started with an athletic/physio trainer who has experience working with balance disorders. This is instead of going to a physical therapist because they will only work on one body part at a time and right now I have issues with back, knees, shoulder and menieres so I’m hoping they can help me strengthen all over .

Had a strange ugly blood vessel pop in my eye yesterday while working with a literal empty not weighted barbell and 2.5lb weight. Must have been the bending over and squatting because I can’t imagine a total of 5lbs would make me bust an eye vein.

Just finished nice breakfast of Avocado toast and eggs, no salt, no butter and a walk around the block 1mile. Gonna take it easy this weekend no plans other than occasional walk and bbq some turkey burgers at some point.

Enjoy your weekend and be safe :)

Rosa of MI

The blood vessel bleeding in the eyes can happen very easily at any age. They are very sensitive to allergies, sickness, or excessive straining or coughing sometimes sneezing. Glad it's not bothering you. They bother some people because of the of the white of the eye a little strange.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 18sec, 28elev, 2.96ap, 82ahr, 98mhr, 6.15mi= 655c
    Strava app= 753c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 35.12min, 105elev, 160aw, gear40, 21.6amph, 117ahr, 160mhr, 12.64mi= 290c
    Strava app = 322c
    Zwift stats- 35.12min, 107elev, 160aw, 56arpm, 21.48amph, 12.6mi= 322c

Total cal 945
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Rita-very good job on not drinking and losing weight. Two hard things to do. Plus, since you are watching all of your numbers-alcohol can mess with them! Glad DH is getting on board with some of the plans.

Lisa-I can't count how many cricket/squirrel moments I have in a day. Some staff have trouble keeping up when I suddenly switch tracks in meetings!

Annie-reading does exercise your brain-and that is really important. Plus the audio book tips is good. I have started listening to free pod casts when I walk but I think I will try an audio book.

Carol-I have friends who keep a little stool in backseat to help them get up into higher vehicles. I like SUVs because they are a good height for my butt-low cars are out with my hips!

Rebecca-I think insurance companies have been given too much power. They determine what treatment we can have when. I agree there needs to be some oversight but sometimes they make it too darned hard for people to get medical help when they need it. I have been very fortunate with mine but know many who have problems-and it isn't just military insurances.

Allie-glad you made it home-rest up!

Bird identification-can't help with those but they did find some wild flamingos in some of our local water areas (in Southwestern Ohio!). They think they may have been driven away due to most recent hurricane-either that or they have some advanced ideas on global warming!

Sitting here with my yoga toe gels on my feet. I read that they help the feet to relax and cut down with cramping, etc. Trying them for 15 minutes in mornng and 15 minutes before bed. I think steroid helping with inflammation, pain lessening. Walked 2 miles this am and not much of a problem. Will drop back to 1 mile tomorrow morning before going to church. Can do another mile later in day. Of course, steroids amped up my appetite-can't imagine what it would be like using them for long term. Last pill is tomorrow so I can rebound. At least when I was eating extra I stuck with fruit and veggies.

Heading off to bed to watch some tv. Please with some of the decluttering I got done today. Hopefully more tomorrow.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Yep, I agree with you. I know many people that just go to ER for things that aren't ER necessary. They just don't have insurance so they plug up the ER's . We were lucky when husband had liver issues, I would take him to ER and because of his transplant, he would be a high priority and get seen very quickly. Of course I would get dirty looks from people waiting.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Migraine and work crazy made last weeks rough! I don't want to wish my life away, but this year has been rough. Trying to adjust attitude.Trying.....

Barbie Thank you for being our leader and helping us start a new page.

Tracey You sound so much more relaxed even with the schooling challenges. I believe changing jobs has been mentioned by me a couple of times in the past two weeks.

Machka Like you I am both handed. I primarily write right handed, but can use either. I craft and sport lefty. Your upside down comment interested me. My oldest granddaughter sees things in mirror image. I can't really wrap my head around it, but building Legos is the best example. When she finishes the project it is an exact mirror image of the directions or picture. She struggled horribly in school as she has a diagnosed auditory processing disorder. She has a hard time with basic concepts and words, but is a genius with complex math and large words. I just hope someone can help guide her into a profession that she will enjoy and flourish in. She still believes she is dumb. So sad!

Learning styles- that question is asked often. Visual or auditory. For me I need to read to envision. I can't just listen, but take notes to revisit. I can't just look, but again take notes to learn.

Up to page 4 but sleep is overtaking me.

Lots of love!
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    And the real excitement is that I ordered some books- the first three Ladies Murder Club by James Patterson, and Birthright by Nora Roberts, and one about Mundy's landing by Wendy Corsi Staub. Sometimes Patterson is too gruesome, and sometimes Nora Roberts is too much sweetness and light, so they ought to balance each other out. I have been reading Sandra Brown, who must run a home for rogue FBI agents because they pop up everywhere! But she has a knack for escapist romance.

My mom has a couple hundred books in the basement. Some of the romances are too mushy, but I usually like Sandra Brown and Karen Robards. My own contemporary favorite is Lisa Regan, the Josie Quinn series, whose next book is due out any day now. Plus I'm reading Sara Paretsky, the VI Warshawski series.

If only reading was exercise!

Annie in Delaware

I've been reading Mary Higgins Clark, Sandra Brown, and John Grisham lately.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    Stop B12
    RVRita in Roswell, NM

Why stop B12?

My numbers were way too high. I’m still taking a B-complex. B-12 is supposed to range between 211-911 pg/ml but mine was at 1255. I stopped for a week and will see where my numbers are in 3 months. I may need to go to every-other day.

RVRita

Rita - I also tested over 1200 a month ago- well over the threshold. Messaged Dr. Lisa if that was a potential problem, she never did respond. I took that to mean the rest of the lab tests were normal so nothing was out of whack, I was ingesting plenty.

I just went back and reviewed old labs. 5 years ago it was in the 1700's! Then a year later, 1400's. Ten years ago it was in the 300's. Go figure. I think when it was super high, I was taking a supplement.

DH's was in the 200's-300's, and the lab notes say under 400 people have an increased risk for dementia. Hmm... this might have been another factor for his memory loss.

Next time I see Dr. Lisa or Dr. Matt I'll ask more about it.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

My vitamin/mineral levels have always been within a normal range, and that's even with taking supplements, with one exception. I don't take iron and my iron levels are usually borderline high.

I need B12 because my genetic mutation means I don't absorb it well.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    cyntdooley wrote: »
    - I have decided to Eat to live not Live to eat. I think there is a difference which includes a mindset.

There is a difference.

I usually regard food as fuel for the much more interesting things going on in my life. :) I eat to LIVE!

This means that food takes a second place (or probably more like 10th or 15th or 20th place) in my life.

This means I can be very repetitive with my food. I eat basically the same things over and over with slight variations.

This also means I put very little thought into my food.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Ginny: Your story about the bloke who didn’t think the door was important! 😂 reminded me of when we lived with my in laws when we were first married. DMiL was always bellowing at her boys to shut doors. I seriously think that DH and his brothers left them open on purpose to wind her up at times. DH still doesn’t close doors. 😝 but in a centrally heated house it’s not an issue.

Someone mentioned the blue zone so off to Google it 😝

☘️ Terri

here, closing doors is not an issue- with all the cats, the doors are quickly closed. A few times dh didn't close them quick enough and I spent a few hours catching the cats that had gotten out.
    Now, Lights, that is another story. They are left on all the time and it drives me crazy. I am constantly going around turning lights off. There is no reason for dh to leave a light on in the garage 24/7. I turn it off and next time I go out there, it is back on. TV is the same way- he will leave the house and leave everything on, even when he is going to be gone a few hours or more.
    I am so much like my dad. He was always going around turning lights off that were on when no one was in that room.

Is your husband not concerned about the cost of power?

Mine has become quite focused on it ... one of the "features" of his brain injury is that he becomes very focused on certain things for a while. So our evenings are quite dark because he doesn't want lights on, it's usually chilly in here because the split system uses power (that one is fine with me!), and he turns off the hot water tank after I have my shower in the morning ... and then sometimes forgets to turn it back on, so I've had a few cool showers recently.

But our power bill has dropped.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    k2xwxgpeg6mq.png

And with that, I'm heading into the garden!!

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    [quote="dlfk202000;c-47661026"
    ☘️ Terri

here, closing doors is not an issue- with all the cats, the doors are quickly closed. A few times dh didn't close them quick enough and I spent a few hours catching the cats that had gotten out.
    Now, Lights, that is another story. They are left on all the time and it drives me crazy. I am constantly going around turning lights off. There is no reason for dh to leave a light on in the garage 24/7. I turn it off and next time I go out there, it is back on. TV is the same way- he will leave the house and leave everything on, even when he is going to be gone a few hours or more.
    I am so much like my dad. He was always going around turning lights off that were on when no one was in that room.[/quote]

Is your husband not concerned about the cost of power?

Mine has become quite focused on it ... one of the "features" of his brain injury is that he becomes very focused on certain things for a while. So our evenings are quite dark because he doesn't want lights on, it's usually chilly in here because the split system uses power (that one is fine with me!), and he turns off the hot water tank after I have my shower in the morning ... and then sometimes forgets to turn it back on, so I've had a few cool showers recently.

But our power bill has dropped.

M in Oz[/quote]

He complains some about the bill but doesn't try using less. Still leaves things on all over the house.
    He also takes 25-30 min showers daily. I am surprised the hot water doesn't run out before then.
    Then complains about the water bill, saying it is because of me watering the garden.